"An Asset error occurred during your last play session ..."
- No deviation from previous (pre-Zendikar) play style or game management.
- During normal start-up after a normal shut-down, I receive the message above (see attached image). Additionally, during gameplay I lose connection to the server regularly and receive the error on start-up, automatically losing the match. This has cost me at least 5 pay-to-play matches in Limited and Sealed events in the past week.
- See attached image.
- A temporary workaround seemed to work on a one-time basis to speed up the reboot of the game (found on the forum). Steps:
- see message and force shut-down
- rename Downloads folder
- restart, then force shutdown
- delete new Downloads folder and rename DownloadsX folder back
However, this solution is not "sticky," and only works one time to cut the length of the asset analysis portion of start-up.
I am extremely disappointed and have not found any posted solution from WotC on an issue that appears to be affected many of us and has direct financial/results impact on our gameplay.
I had the same issue. What I see is a card in my hand from my deck that is turned backwards and unavailable. Then it turns into that little cyclops guy with an exclamation mark on it (see pic). My game froze once, I "killed" the program and when I rejoined everything was missing on my screen (it looked like a bare playing field) but everything was still there I just couldn't see it. I could tell everything was there because of the game sounds, timer, etc. Anyway, when I closed the game entirely and relaunched it is when I got the Asset Error message. It's NEVER happened until today, just a few hours ago. The error seems intermittent but has happened to me on several games already. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game. It didn't help.