MTG Arena Bugs

This page is just for reporting bugs. If you are experiencing issues with your account or with an order, are unable to login, or otherwise need customer support, please click here. 

How to report a bug

1. Give us the steps to reproduce the bug
  2. The actual results you’re experiencing
  3. The expected results of the feature
  4. Add any relevant screenshots/videos
  5. If you found a workaround, please add workaround steps.

If you would like to post an attachment to an existing thread, please start a new thread with your comment and leave a message for the moderators to merge your thread with the existing one.

If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

1. Game crashing

The game crashed constantly during a game, making it impossible to play it. I could restart the game to try again, but two actions and the game crashed again.

457 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Wizards of the Coast
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

169 comments  ·  Gameplay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Entrancing Lyre Bug

1) [[Entrancing Lyre]]'s Ability for X=1 was put onto the stack targeting opponent's [[Riptide Turtle]] (No buffs were on turtle, it was still a 0/5).
    2) Opponent Cast [[Heliod's Intervention]] for X=3 targeting the Lyre and 2 of my enchantment creatures.
    3) Intervention resolved; targets were destroyed.
    4) Lyre's ability resolved; Turtle was tapped.
    5) Turtle remained tapped for remainder of game. This remained true even when Lyre was exiled to pay for the Escape cost of [[Voracious Typhon]].

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Gameplay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Furious Rise Trigger Stuck on Screen

My opponent had a Skophos Maze-Warden on the battlefield alongside Furious Rise. He activated its ability once during combat. When we proceeded to end step, Furious Rise triggered. No card was exiled. The trigger icon got stuck on the screen as the end step ended. The icon stayed on the screen for several turns and was still there when my opponent conceded. It was gone at the beginning of the next game.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Gameplay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Trouble while targetting opponent or myself

I encountered this same issue many times with Niv-Mizzet Parun or Expansion/Explosion (using Explosion). I can't target my opponent or myself and have to cancel and try again many times before it works.
    Sometimes getting in full controll seems to help, sometimes it doesn't change a thing.
    It's really annoying because opponent can think it's BM when it's just a bug and it can be a time sink.
    I never encountered this issue before Theros' update

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Gameplay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Arena Crashed During Game Play

Arena served crashed during a traditional Theros: Beyond Death game causing me to lose my match and forfeiting my chain on the tier. For this I am requesting reimbursement.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Gameplay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Thief of Sanity

Thief of Sanity's effect triggered upon dealing damage and moved onto the stack. When the effect resolved, visually the effect did not disappear. The Thief of Sanity effect remained visual in the foreground, with all spells cast and all things put on the stack for the rest of the game appearing in the background behind it. Also, importantly, the card that was exiled by Thief of Sanity appeared to remain on top of the opponent's library for the rest of the game and I could not cast it as I was supposed to be able to despite having enough mana…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Gameplay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Explode without concede the game

My opponent was solving a scry ability and I'm explode without concede the game. First time it happens to me.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Gameplay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sparky bugs out trying to respond to Thassa's Intervention

Was playing against sparky and countered a Disenchant (targeting a Drowned Secrets) with my Thassa's Intervention for X=1 on the "counter unless twice X is paid" mode. Sparky had one plains untapped and entered an infinite loop of tapping and untapping the plains for one white mana, apparently not realizing that she was unable to pay for the Thassa's Intervention.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Gameplay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Karametra's Blessing not giving indestructable or hexproof

Karametra's Blessing is not giving Hexproof or indestructable in came like the card says it should. This is a serious bug that has caused me to lose multiple ranked games.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Gameplay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Trigger of Robber of the Rich does not resolve

Was playing Standard Ranked (best of 1) and was attacking with Robber of the Rich. Had more cards in my hand than opponent. Ability of Robber triggered, went on stack, but card from top of opponents library was not exiled and badge representing ability of robber was just static on right side of the screen. Next turn ability of robber triggered correctly. This happened more than once today.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Gameplay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. dungeon geists & the stack

My opponent casted Dungeon Geists and it's ability stayed on top of the and blocked the spells and other abilities from view.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Gameplay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Problem of Instaill/Update

Hello.Installed MTGA.And run into such a problem, when updating is calculating the installation space.And the message " Oops, something went wrong, try to close the program again.If you don't succeed contact technical support

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Can't target with the Explosion card ( Expansion/Explosion)

I can't target my opponet or me with the Explosion part of the Expansion/Explosion card.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Shuffling Issues

When I literally have exactly 57 lands and 123 cards in total, when I play a match 50% of the time, I get something like 3 lands right? After 10+ turns, I STILL CAN"T GET 1 LAND OKAY. WHAT IS THIS? And the OTHER 50% of the time, I get around 4 lands... THEN I KEEP GETTING THEM FOR 20+ TURNS. I swear this is on purpose because NOT ONLY does this happen, BUT THE OPPONENT ALWAYS GOES FIRST. Please fix this because this is the only horrible thing about this game in my opinion.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Client crashes about 5-10 minutes after launch after changing video card

It happened to me twice today - once in a game and once right after completion. I have updated my videocard yesterday and ran Display Driver Uninstaller before installing new drivers.

None of the other games I have tested did crash, and FurMark stress test run also did not reveal any problems.

Right now I am using Radeon RX 5700 XT with the latest (20.1.3) drivers.

Both log files share the same error at the end:

D3D11: Failed to create RenderTexture (3840 x 2160 fmt 19 aa 1), error 0x887a0005

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. food token

Unable to sacrifice the food token to itself for life. This has major game play issues.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. callaphae

My opponent had Callaphe, Beloved of the Sea on board. I played Pacifism targeting it and payed the extra 1. Next turn my opponent played another Callaphe, Beloved of the Sea and chose to have the one with Pacifism on it die. I then tried to play another Pacifism on the new Callaphe, Beloved of the Sea but the game thought the first one was still on the board and made me pay 6 to target it.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Game Skipped Main Phase 2

Mana and playable cards in hand, but turn ended/ phase 2 skipped despite this.

1. Start Draft.

2. Turn ended/ skipped main phase 2

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Blood aspirant bug with discordant piper

I was playing a draft today of Theros Beyond Death.

I targeted my opponents discordant piper with my blood aspirant.
    The discordant piper should have died but instead it became like a ghost. I remained on the battlefield visually, but I could not interact with it. I'm not sure if my opponent could see it or not. I wasn't sure what happened at first but then I cast elspeths nightmare to see if it would kill the discordant piper that was still visually there but it did not kill it. It seems the piper was no longer actually in the…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gameplay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base