Entrancing Lyre Bug
1) [[Entrancing Lyre]]'s Ability for X=1 was put onto the stack targeting opponent's [[Riptide Turtle]] (No buffs were on turtle, it was still a 0/5).
2) Opponent Cast [[Heliod's Intervention]] for X=3 targeting the Lyre and 2 of my enchantment creatures.
3) Intervention resolved; targets were destroyed.
4) Lyre's ability resolved; Turtle was tapped.
5) Turtle remained tapped for remainder of game. This remained true even when Lyre was exiled to pay for the Escape cost of [[Voracious Typhon]].
Similar issue happened to me - screenshot here https://imgur.com/oL6cXuU
1) During their 2nd main phase, opponent activated the Lyre, targeting my Vexing Gull, for x=2.
2) In response, I cast Return to Nature on the Lyre.
3) Return resolved, destroying the Lyre, and the Lyre ability resolved, tapping my gull.
4) On my untap step, my Gull remained tapped, and did not untap for the rest of the game.
A similar thing happened to me as well today.
This exact case happened to me too while drafting last night. I used Heliod's Intervention to remove the Lyre before the trigger resolved and my creature remained tapped for the rest of the game.
My opponent destroyed Entrancing Lyre and the creature it had locked immediately got untapped. Lost my game because of that.
Your interpretation is correct:
1/24/2020 If Entrancing Lyre leaves the battlefield, it’s no longer tapped, so the creature is free to untap as usual.
This was the same as what happened to me but in a BO3 draft should have issued a bug fix or warning by now
Here the image of the game were the bug happens, would love to get a refund where losing a game in a draft where you spent 1500 gens and receive a early loss for that seems bad
I believe what happened was my opponent responded to the Entrancing Lyre untap trigger with Thassa's activated ability and the visual for the trigger would not leave the screen. The game still progressed but the visual bug remained.
Similar thing just happened to me.
1.) Entrancing Lyre's ability is put on the stack, targeting Setessan Champion.
2.) Return to Nature is cast, destroying Enchanting Lyre.
3.) Enchanting Lyre resolves, tapping Setessan Champion.
4.) Setessan Champion remains tapped for the remainder of the game.
Exiling Enchanting Lyre did not help.
Targeting Setessan Champion with my own Enchanting Lyre and untapping Enchanting Lyre next turn did not help either.
almost cost me a match 4 turns tapping down a 6/7 for me, still made the game by the skin of my teeth but very concerning
Can confirm removed Lyre with ability on stack, it's target didn't untap for rest of game.
I think I might have been your opponent; sorry that this bug happened. It surprised me, too.
lyre card opponent used to tap my card stayed on the stack, made other cards unreadable
same for me but after 12 hours since segnalation still no answer from Wizards...
Same bug here. Asking for refund.
In a Theros: Beyond Death Sealed Event today, my escaped Chainweb Arachnid got targeted by my opponent's Entrancing Lyre. In response to the ability activation, I used Return to Nature to destroy the lyre. By my interpretation of the gatherer rulings, my arachnid should have been free to untap; however, it didn't until the end of the game, which directly caused my loss. Thank you for your time.