Skip to content

MTG Arena Bugs & Product Suggestions

This page is for reporting bugs and submitting product suggestions. If you are experiencing issues with your account, with an order, or otherwise need customer support, please click here. 

How to report a bug

1.       Give us the steps to reproduce the bug

2.       Note which platform you’re using (PC, Steam, Mac, Android, or iOS)

3.       Enter the actual results you’re experiencing

4.       Enter the expected results of the feature

5.       Add any relevant screenshots/videos

6.       If you found a workaround, please add workaround steps.

Examples of bugs: Incorrect rules interactions, wrong event rewards, issues with client functions like creating decks

How to submit product suggestions

1. Select “Product Suggestion” as the Category for your suggestion
  2. Enter your feedback
  3. Add any relevant screenshots/videos

Examples of product suggestions: Feedback on visual effects, recommendations for user interface improvements, new feature requests

--------------

If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

3358 results found

1. Problem connection crash on mobile (waiting for server)

Hello, I have experienced a lot of bugs on my phone samsung android 13 and I don't have them on other games such as legend of runeterra, yu-gi-oh, hearthstone.
    While I'm playing it just freezes and says waiting for server, eventually it will connect again but most of the time I'm just waiting and wasting my time then I restart the app and it takes a lot of time to connect to the game I was initially playing and most of the time I incur a defeat.

Big issue :
    -Game that freeze
    -time to reconnect to the match

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Bug with BO3 Game 3 Disappearing match

"In game 3 of 3 of my best of 3 draft matches recently my opponents turn timer will go down to 0 but no timeouts will be used, so I will close the client and reopen only to then arrive back on the "play match" screen as and still say I have "x" number of games remaining as if my match never happened. I am submitting to report the bug and request compensation. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Issue: Siege Dragon/Sarkhan Wanderer to Shiv

My opponent played Sarkhan Wanderer to Shiv, after conjuring a shivan dragon to hand the siege dragon he played appeared as a shivan dragon. This also prevented me from being able to interact with it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. call a surprise witness

call a surprise witness unable to target ***** against humanity after it is put into my graveyard with the surveil on the blue clue equipment this all happened during murder at karlov manor during draft

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Increase the amount of time I get on my turn based on the word count of the opponent's cards.

When people are playing certain decks that are based around having a huge amount of legendary spells it is nearly impossible to read/comprehend the cards that are being used in the time limit given. Modern legendary creature cards all seem to come with a massive paragraph of text and have additional related rules and cards with their own text that comes into play with them. How is it fair that someone can slam down 3+ of these cards and now im put on the clock to read this novel laid at my feet in the time limit given. Some decks…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Specific card keeps crashing game

Koma, Cosmos Serpent keeps crashing game. I have galaxy S9, I can't screen record because when it crashes it stops that app too.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Restrict Win Rewards to Ranked Modes

MTGA is very unfriendly to casual play. The game is so optimized, plugins like Untapped, and netdecking in general all push every player into becoming a spike.

This is compounded by daily win rewards incentivizing aggressive decks and conceding the moment you no longer think you can win or win fast.

There just isn't a healthy amount of players in the play queue that just want to construct a fun deck and let games play out.

I suggest that all daily/weekly rewards that require wins also require that wins are completed in ranked queues only.

This would allow tryhards and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. duplicate protection

Uncommons and commons should be duplicate protected. Being short uncommon wild cards feels bad.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Revamping the Economics of Arena

Change the system if you want a better product. Give people a reason to want to log on and play. Keep this up, you'll push people further and further away from Arena. Then your product will just stagnate on the internet. I listen to the content creators, that promote Arena. They are not happy about it either, and are suggesting other ways to enjoy the game that don't involve Arena and the crooked economics it employs. (20,000 gems for $100.00. This means each gem is worth $0.005 1/2 a penny.) I pay 1500 gems for an event, this equals $7.50)…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Alternate Sheoldred, the Apocalypse

Alternate version of Sheoldred, the Apocalypse that allows opponents to opt out of life loss. Stats, costs, colors, and types are the same except the oracle is replaced with the following:
    "Deathtouch
    Whenever you draw a card, you gain 2 life.
    Whenever an opponent draws a card, they lose 2 life unless they exile a card from their hand"
    The intent behind this is to mitigate the life advantage Apocalypse Sheoldred generates, in Alchemy especially. Forcing the afflicted player to exile the card prevents them from gaining life or creature advantage from leveraging pseudo-madness triggers or regeneration effects. Apocalypse Sheoldred…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Format care

Please, take care of your product nerfing and buffing more frequently.
    It is indecent to continually find decks that are not impossible to interact with in the format, such as Azorius geist and discover in Histroic. Game experience becomes extremely frustrating, extremely extremely boring, and creates a negative environment. In a digital game and formats, like historic, players deserve more attention and care than in a real one, because of the high number of matches played.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. There is no use asking MTGA for improvements.

Nothing will improve as long as there are people paying for it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Systematically stamp out deliberate stalling/roping

Opponents deliberately stalling/roping before death (as a sore-loser tactic to try get the other player to concede) has become so commonplace, that I doubt I'm the only one being driven away from MTGA.

Removing the "earned" timeouts would help alleviate this problem, because all they do is provide the players the "ammunition" they need to stall later in the the game.

I'd also advise shortening the timeout periods, or scaling this depending on the players' ranks (i.e. beginner players get longer turns than matches between veteran players).

In addition, proving a "report player" button directly within the app would also…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Infinite combo broke turn order

Opponent was using Snarling Gorehound, Moss-Pit Skeleton and Insidious Roots. They continued to create plant tokens by putting MPS back on top of their library until they had over 800 instances on the stack. Waited forever to be able to block their creatures and most likely win thanks to Bastion of Remembrance. However, after everything was finally off the stack, it went from his pre combat mainphase to damage step without me getting a chance to declare blockers. This felt like a deliberate exploit to win the match.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In Mtg Arena, Filter decks by game mode

WHen selecting a deck for a game mode it shows all decks that are LEGAL. This is not at all useful as STandard decks are LEGAL in Explorer and so on.

My suggestion would be to show decks that are set as the mode in a grouping at the top, followed my a grouping of other legal decks, followed my nonlegal or incomplete decks at the bottom.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make reporting poor conduct easier.

Right now I have to leave the game, sign into a website, and enter in information that is ignored.

It's like you're punishing me for reporting. It'd be great that if you're ignoring the reports, that you could at least toss us a bone and include a feature within the app itself to easily report poor conduct.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Dig Through Time Bugged (DIFFERENT FROM GAME FREEZE BUG)

To reproduce:
    Target a spell with Mystic Sanctuary's trigger, and put it on top of your library.
    Cast Dig Through Time.
    The seven revealed cards do not include the known card on top of your library.
    (In screenshot, see the Thoughtseize revealed on top of my library, which is not included in the cards being looked at with Dig Through Time.)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. type input for +1/+1 counters

In my Brawl deck, Lathiel is my commander, so I sometimes have a lot of counters. I once had an opportunity at the end of my turn to place five hundred +1/+1 counters and spread them out over any number of creatures. Clicking the up arrow 500 times is extremely tedious and a waste of mine and the other player's time. It would be great if I could just type the number of counters in that I want to place on that creature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ranked progress bonus for beating opponents at higher ranks

Add some form of progress bonus for beating opponents at higher ranks and some point loss increase for losing to opponents at higher ranks.

Higher ranks should be able to win more against opponents at lower ranks so it helps getting players back to the ranks they were before reset and also decreases the winstreak luck aspect of climbing that sends you up the entire ladder.

In the screenshot i 2-0:d this guy 4 or 5 divisions above me because i havent played in about half a year and got reset down to bronze, the game should accomodate players for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Commoner event

Some places are using a new gameplay style called commoner. The premise behind commoner decks are that they can only have common cards. This levels the playing field against those who can spend tons of money buying the rare or mystic cards. Might be fun to include that style of gameplay.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

MTG Arena Bugs & Product Suggestions

Categories