MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. planar die button will not roll planar die

button for planar die does nothing
    the die works when using fractured power stone

11 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Wizards of the Coast
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Extreme lag when Casualties of War is in deck

I face the same bug in standard leagues: if my opponent has casualties of war in their deck, the game becomes incredibly laggy for both players to the point where it's not really playable.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  3 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Blade of Selves: Myriad token copies don't get exiled at end of combat

Blade of Selves reads:
    " Blade of Selves {2}

Artifact — Equipment

Equipped creature has myriad. (Whenever it attacks, for each opponent other than defending player, you may create a token that’s a copy of that creature that’s tapped and attacking that player or a planeswalker they control. Exile the tokens at end of combat.)

Equip {4}
    "

Issue:
    When the Myriad tokens get created, those token copies don't get exiled at end of combat.

As far as I know, all other myriad cards have the same problem.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  3 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Godsend

Godsend does not prevent the opposing player from casting the exiled spell

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  7 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. address

the button state not work, i cant buy my upgrade account because this

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. pychic puppetry doesn't allow me to target my lotus field

casting or splicing onto arcane psychic puppetry doesn't allow me to target my own lotus field

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. New Sounds Extremely Imbalanced.

The new sounds that were added this week (3/25/20) are extremely imbalanced volume wise. With all audio settings at neutral, some sounds are near inaudible, some sounds are fine, and some are Ear Piercingly Loud. This leads to me turning all of them off, because I can't control them fine enough.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Consul's Lieutenant

When I attack with a renowned Consul's Lieutenant, it's "other attacking creatures get +1/+1 until end of turn doesn't work. It triggers, but doesn't give the pump.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  3 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Pia's Revolution does not deal damage if opponent desision is to put in into graveyard

Pia's Revolution "Whenever a nontoken artifact is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, return that card to your hand unless target opponent has Pia's Revolution deal 3 damage to them."

1. Opponent chooses to give it back to your hand. -THIS WORKS.

2. Opponent chooses to keep it in graveyard. They take 0 damage.

Problem: They are supposed to take 3.

And I do understand, that the card can't be exiled or removed during this process, and that is not the case. I've tested it several times today and 0 damage is always the output :D

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  2 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Game restarted and self-played

3 pod in Commander Open Play

I play Golos superfriends, against Sisay Legendary, against Meren. It started to get buggy mid-game when the Monarch was introduced (which messed up the card alignment).

My board became insane with multiple walkers, enchantments, and creatures. There were about 60 permanents on my field including emblems, then I ultimate'd Sorin, Grim Nemesis, after Primeval's Glorious Rebirth, multiple instances of Ajani, the Greathearted proliferating as well as Nicol-Bolas, Dragon-God proliferating too using that same effect. Sorin's ulti would have created about 60 vampire tokens.

The game then stalled, then restarted, and began to replay the…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Doubling cube

doubling cube doesn't do anything when tapped

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Selvala's Stampede lets the caster put any number of permantens on the battlefield regardless of the votes

Regardless of how many "free" votes (see rules text below) a player receives, they can put as many permanent cards from their hand onto the battlefield as they want.
    The "wild" part works as expected though.

" Selvala's Stampede {4}{G}{G}

Sorcery

Council’s dilemma — Starting with you, each player votes for wild or free. Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a creature card for each wild vote. Put those creature cards onto the battlefield, then shuffle the rest into your library. You may put a permanent card from your hand onto the battlefield for each…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  2 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Trade

The client does not let me trade at all. Everytime I try to trade, nothing happens. Why?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Khans Expanded Cube

Khans expanded cube draft appears to have duplicates in it? I'm assuming it should be singleton, but I've already seen multiple copies of the same card go round in a draft or be in my opp's deck.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Vintage Cube

When I joined the Vintage Cube, I jumped directly to the deck I built previous draft.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Monarch indicator doesn't move to like it should (multiplayer)

When a player becomes the Monarch from attacking, the Monarch indicator card says with the original player instead of moving to the new Monarch. The game still knows who the Monarch is, but A) there's no easy way for players to tell who is the Monarch and B) occasionally the indicator card covers up crucial elements of the original player's battlefield. As the Monarch indicator has no owner or controller, it would be better if it could just transfer to other player's battlefields.

1. Deal combat damage to the player who is the Monarch.

2. Actual: Monarch indicator shifts position on the…
    2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Wall of Roots cannot be activated during mana payment steps, only at instant speed.

Wall of Roots cannot be activated during mana payment steps, only at instant speed.

Have Wall of Roots, Raging Goblin, and Giant Growth in hand

Cast Wall of Roots and Raging Goblin

Go to combat and attack with Raging Gobin

Left-click Giant Growth and select the Cast action

Actual: Cannot activate Wall of Roots to pay for Giant Growth
    Expected: Can activate Wall of Roots ability to put a -0/-1 counter on it to pay for Giant Growth

Notes: You can use Wall of Roots to add mana to your mana pool before trying to cast a spell to mitigate…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Issue with Jace, Wielder of Mysteries Win condition

Opponent used Jace, Wielder of Mysteries and used its ability to draw a card and then it caused the player to win the game even though the player had 46 cards left in their library.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. GOAD

so i was playing a 4 player commander game and 2 player got knocked out the he goaded me and it was stopping me from attacking him the rule are quite clear under the ruling for misari and also in the conspiracy block under goad that when the person who goaded you is the only player left i must attack him please check this complaint and i would appreciate a follow up email at pete900000@gmail.com

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  2 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Can't login or change password

My game name is "Jacko" and my email is jack.rhs@gmail.com. I tried a password reset and it found something wrong and didn't allow it. Please help.

Thanks,
    Jack

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base