MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Krark's Thumb does not work with Zndrsplt and Okaun

Summary: Krark's Thumb, Zndrsplit and Okaun on the battlefield. Krark's thumb works for all other coin flip cards I've used, but when Zndrsplit and/or Okaun trigger, Krark's Thumb does not flip the coin twice - it only flips it once.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Open  ·  2 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Yorion, Sky Nomad bugs out the replay system

I watched a replay of a Pioneer match I played where I and my opponent both had a companion (Lurrus of the Dream-Den for me, Yorion for my opponent). Neither companion appeared for the duration of the match in the replays. When someone cast their companion, the replay shows that player floating mana and then passing the turn. When I put Auras on my Lurrus, the chat replay reported inaccurate game actions (ie. putting a creature aura on a History of Benalia that wasn't even in play).

Steps to reproduce:

Start a game where one player has Lurrus as their…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. nephalia academy and liliana of the veil

opponent's liliana of the veil's +1 EACH player discards a card, does not and never has triggered Nephalia Academy's ability. I think it should. It is the way the card reads.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Crucible of Worlds - Opponent access to my Graveyard

Opponent played my strip mine out of my graveyard whilst we both had crucible of worlds in play (screenshot is from start of turn after it occurred).

Game was Game 3 of Event #230018003. Was my fourth round of league.

Edit: Crucible of Worlds text 'You may play lands from your graveyard' so he should not have been able to play my land.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Issue with Gyruda, Doom of Depths effect not working properly with Leyline of the void/ Rest in Peace effects

The new car from Ikoria "Gyruda, Doom of Depths" is not working properly when there is a Leyline of the Void/Rest in Peace face up on the field. Gyruda's effect is supposed to work and track cards even if they are exiled by replacement effects like Rest in Peace. Card is supposed to return any creature even if they are not in the graveyard. Mtgo is not letting this effect resolve as It was supposed to do.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Tomorrow, Azami's Familiar is putting cards back on top of library and not to the bottem.

Tomorrow Is suppose to pick one then put the rest back on the bottom of the library . but instead it was just putting the 2 cards left back on top of the library insted

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  2 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Avarice Totem weirdness

Hello!

The card Avarice Totem seems to be a bit bugged.

1. Activate Avarice Totem targeting Player B's Sword of Feast and Famine.
    2. Expected: Avarice Totem and Sword of Feast and Famine are exchanged.
    3. Actual. Player B ends up with the Avarice Totem and also keeps Sword of Feast and Famine. 4 Extra weirdness: After hitting me with the equipped creature, I was forced to discard a card due to Sword, but it ALSO untapped all my lands. Weird.

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Simic Manipulator's ability will fizzle when targeting an opponent's creature

1. Simic Manipulator fizzles when targeting an opponent's creature
    2. I activated simic manipulator, removing one counter to gain control of my opponent's voidwielder.
    3. ACTUAL: I do not gain control of voidwielder and the gamelog states simic manipulator has no valid targets
    4. EXPECTED: I remove the counter and tap simic manipulator to gain control of voidwielder.

This happened 3 times during the game, twice when trying to gain control of voidweilder and once at the end of the game trying to gain control of a 2/2

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Wild cards are not processing

Wild Cards are not processing. It freezes the Wild Card button after clicking, and looks like maybe it did create a wild card when you look at the wild card screen. However, the animation for creating the wild card never plays & I do lose my wild card. But, the new card is not in my inventory.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ghastly Gloomhunter cannot be kicked

In turn 12 I cast Ghastly Gloomhunter with with Kicker. I did not cast that way. I am sick of clicking on kicker and not getting that to happen. This is the second time in the past week a card hasnt played the way I instructed it too. I believe I am being bugged by cheating players or mtgo. Something is wrong. I waited many turns to play that card the kicker way. I did not miss click. I made sure of it. What is going on on your end?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bound By Moonlight can be used twice

Opponent activated the sacrifice permanent ability of bound by moonlight more than once on their turn.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Rishadan Ports

Your opponent has many Rishadan Ports.
    Add mana corresponding to activation.
    Mana should disappear and move on to the next phase as each other relinquishes priority, but priority is passed to the opponent.
    Is this correct as a rule?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. sorcerous spyglass revealed second ancestral recall in vintage

I was playing vintage and my opponent has cast ancestral recall, later in the game i cast sorcerous spyglass and look at my opponents hand and he had second ancestrall in hand, i lost both games becouse he had ancestral every game.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Teysa Karlov/Promise of Bunrei Trigger

When Teysa Karlov is on the field and a creature dies, I sacrifice promise of bunrei and it goes on the stack twice there should be a total of 8 colorless spirit creature tokens generated. But there are only four tokens are created.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Possibility Storm, Deafening Silence, and Drannith Magistrate let my opponent cast a creature

turn 7
    league 5098
    match 229183708
    game 720204346

I have Possibility Storm, Deafening Silence, and Drannith Magistrate out. My opponent cast a siege rhino. Possibility storm triggered, exiling Niv Mizzet. My opponent was then able to cast that Niv Mizzet from exile even though Drannith Magistrate should have prevented this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Godsend

Godsend does not prevent the opposing player from casting the exiled spell

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  8 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Breaching Leviathan

The card Breaching Leviathan does not work properly on MTGO. I have cast it twice now and both times it has not worked as written.

1. Cast Breaching Leviathan
    2. All nonblue creatures become tapped and DO NOT untap during their next untap step.
    3. Actual: Nonblue creatures tapped with Breaching Leviathan DO untap during their next untap step.
    4. Expected: Nonblue creatures tapped with Breaching Leviathan DO NOT untap during their next untap step.
    5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. swirl the mists

Swirl the mists does not work and has not worked for several years. It enters the battlefield and a color prompt is shown. However, the choice has no effect. Mind bend and other similar cards don't work either. Come on man I have been trying to play my Llawan in commander for years, but I can't even use the key cards in the combo. I complained years ago about this, literally several years ago.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Mind Drain does not cast

t is turn 3 i want to cast mind drain to target my opponent, but for reason, i tap my mana and i click my spell. it casted a different spell for me, i believe i lose the tempo of this game because of this interaction. i lose the game and the match at the end. i am asking a entry fee refund for the draft. 3 packs 2 ticket

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sparky Bad AI

Sparky's AI is embarrassingly bad. It reflects poorly on the product (MTGA) and its "developers". Fix it already. And make a good bot too while you're at it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base