MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sparky Bad AI

Sparky's AI is embarrassingly bad. It reflects poorly on the product (MTGA) and its "developers". Fix it already. And make a good bot too while you're at it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Skatewing Spy Bug

1.Skatewing Spy is in play.
    2.Creatures with +1/+1 counters have Flying.
    3.Skatewing Spy loses all abilities.
    4.Other creatures with +1/+1 counters do not lose Flying.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Metamorphic Alteration not copying static abilities of chosen creature.

Creatures enchanted with Metamorphic Alteration display the static abilities of the copied card, but do not take effect. Specifically, I have experienced this with Unsettled Mariner's counter effect and Drogskol Captain's +1/+1 and Hexproof abilities. So, if I cast metamorphic alteration targeting selfless spirit choosing drogskol captain to copy, the selfless spirit displays the art and abilities of the drogskol captain, but the original drogskol captain does not have hexproof and is still a 2/2. A similar result happened for a copied unsettled mariner with only one mariner trigger occurring. These occurred in two different games, one was in solitaire…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  2 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Quarantine Field

My opponent cast Quarantine Field Targeting my Reverent Hunter with four +1/+1 counters. I proceed to activate Retribution of the Ancients in response on one of his creatures. I am supposed to draw a card with Generous Patron because of the fact that I put counters on my opponent's creature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ertai's Meddling doesn't work

I countered a creature spell with Ertai's Meddling and when the countered spell was eventually resolved two turns later the creature had haste, which it should not have had. This allowed them to attack and kill my planeswalker on that turn when the Flesh Carver resolved when they shouldn't have been able to.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Mystical Dispute vs Teferi, Time Reveler

I was playing normally, when the opponent played teferi, time raveler, I paid a blue mana to counter teferi, time revealer with mystical dispute, and the card turned red around me and did not allow me to counter it. That definitely made me lose the game, I don't know what happened.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Overabundance doesn't allow lands to tap for colorless

When you tap a land for colorless with Overabundance in play there is an error that doesn't allow that mana to be doubled.
    Steps are:

1. Have Overabundance in play along with any land that taps for colorless. I'll use Arch of Orazca for this example.
    2. Tap Arch of Orazca.
    3. Actual: MTGO asks you to select a color from the prompt box but there are no options to select in the prompt box.
    4. Expected: Tapping Arch of Orazca (or any colorless producing land) produces 2 colorless mana.
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. anointed procession bug

having 11 Anointed Processions forces the client to restart the match 5 times and start a new match.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Whisperwood Elemental flipped all creatures upside down

1. Whisperwood Elemental flipped all creatures on the field facedown.
    2. When Whisperwood Elemental triggered at end of turn, instead of manifesting the top card of my library, it turned all face-up creatures on the field into morphs.
    3. Actual: All creatures on the field got flipped face down, and could not be flipped up because they lacked morph costs.
    4. Expected: That a 2/2 manifest would enter play end of turn.
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Erratic Explosion does not reveal cards

i cast erratic explostion and it did not reveal the card but it dealt 3 damage

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Split Cards and Manifest

While playing in Chaos draft I manifested, when hovering over the manifest it was just solid black rather than the card manifested. After the manifest died it was revealed to be an aftermath card. A basic worked perfectly fine while manifested that same game

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Tornado

Hello!

The card Tornado has the text:

{2}{G}, Pay 3 life for each velocity counter on Tornado: Destroy target permanent and put a velocity counter on Tornado. Activate this ability only once each turn.

I had one with 2 velocity counters on it.

Expected: Having to pay 6 life.
    Actual: No prompt to pay any life, means I pay 0 life and it still works...

Minor thing on a jank card, but thank you.

-- Ronald L

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Tunnel Ignus

Tunnel Ignus triggers for damage when field of ruin is activated on an opponents turn even if they have not played another land

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Nissa's Zendikon doesn't work

Blocked with land with attached nissa's zendikon to it. When Land dies the enchantment did not goes back to my hand. In the other hand, during this game I saw how it works for my opponent otherwise. You may find the screenshot with the situation after block.
    BEcause of that issue I would like to ask for request reimbursement my event costs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fires of Invention prevents Suspending

Fires of Invention prevents you from suspending (eg Greater Gargadon) after you cast 2 spells already. This should not be right.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. the algorithum for the card selction is not even close to when you play with real cards.

I feel like the algorithm for the card selection seems to be way off, Out of 80 plus cards when you have 3 cards in said deck sometimes you get all 3 in the first hand or first few draws and seems to happen a lot. Also when getting land sometimes you get back to back lands and other times in a 60 card deck with 25 lands you only get 2 to 3 lands in about 5 draws which seems very off in math terms. Is there gonna be a fix and I would like to know more how…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Unfair play/ Banned Cards.

Scute Swarm, as well as massive Land manipulation has kind of ruined the game a bit. Please, at least, Ban; Scute Swarm. I simply concede when it comes out as its an absurdly O P Creature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fake Card rewarded? Nothing in Inventory!

Won a game and it triggered the rewards. One item appeared to be a card, but not a card. Not sure what the card was suppose to be. I checked card file for new cards and nothing was there. Did the card reward generate a false card?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Call to the Netherworld Bug

1 Call to the Netherworld and Gray Merchant of Asphodel are discarded by Avatar of Discord
    2 Call to the Netherworld enters exile and hits the stack. Click OK to pass priority.
    3 Opponent OK's Call to the Netherworld, no interaction. Call to Netherworld's Madness trigger resolves.
    4 "Would you like to cast Call to the Netherworld? (Click the card to cast.)" Only option is "No." Call to the Netherworld is no longer in Exile or in any game space where I can see it or click on it in order to choose to cast it during this step. No…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. k'rrik no possible play yield all

if you have k'rrik out and no possibly play : yield all on it passes your turn when you have playable cards due to krriks ability, this is highly irritating as it means you have to either remember to turn it off the second krrik hits the field or sit there clicking okay 50 thousand times a match

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base