MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Extreme lag when Casualties of War is in deck

I face the same bug in standard leagues: if my opponent has casualties of war in their deck, the game becomes incredibly laggy for both players to the point where it's not really playable.

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Wizards of the Coast
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Open  ·  3 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Blade of Selves: Myriad token copies don't get exiled at end of combat

Blade of Selves reads:
    " Blade of Selves {2}

Artifact — Equipment

Equipped creature has myriad. (Whenever it attacks, for each opponent other than defending player, you may create a token that’s a copy of that creature that’s tapped and attacking that player or a planeswalker they control. Exile the tokens at end of combat.)

Equip {4}
    "

Issue:
    When the Myriad tokens get created, those token copies don't get exiled at end of combat.

As far as I know, all other myriad cards have the same problem.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  3 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Selvala's Stampede lets the caster put any number of permantens on the battlefield regardless of the votes

Regardless of how many "free" votes (see rules text below) a player receives, they can put as many permanent cards from their hand onto the battlefield as they want.
    The "wild" part works as expected though.

" Selvala's Stampede {4}{G}{G}

Sorcery

Council’s dilemma — Starting with you, each player votes for wild or free. Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a creature card for each wild vote. Put those creature cards onto the battlefield, then shuffle the rest into your library. You may put a permanent card from your hand onto the battlefield for each…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  2 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Monarch indicator doesn't move to like it should (multiplayer)

When a player becomes the Monarch from attacking, the Monarch indicator card says with the original player instead of moving to the new Monarch. The game still knows who the Monarch is, but A) there's no easy way for players to tell who is the Monarch and B) occasionally the indicator card covers up crucial elements of the original player's battlefield. As the Monarch indicator has no owner or controller, it would be better if it could just transfer to other player's battlefields.

1. Deal combat damage to the player who is the Monarch.

2. Actual: Monarch indicator shifts position on the…
    2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Issue with Jace, Wielder of Mysteries Win condition

Opponent used Jace, Wielder of Mysteries and used its ability to draw a card and then it caused the player to win the game even though the player had 46 cards left in their library.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. While Tabernacle of Pendrell Vale is in play, permanent turned into Elk by Oko don't pay 1 extra during their upkeep or destroy the creature

Permanents turned into elk by Oko after a Tabernacle of Pendrell Vale is in play do not actually gain "Pay 1 during your upkeep or destroy this creature."

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs, triggers even when price is paid

My opponent controls Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs. I attack with a creature, and resolve Kazuul's triggered ability, paying three for the trigger. I select 'yes' after tapping three mana. The ability resolves, and my opponent creates a token, despite the trigger having been paid for.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. MTGO music missing

I am currently missing all sounds on MTGO except the start up music. Although all sounds are at max in the settings, and the audio folder is present in the file location. Also MTGO doesn't not seem to come up on my Volume Mixer so I cannot change it there either. I really need sounds to play the game. (I've just stopped Arena since the amount of bugs on there is too numerous to deal with now)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. in my first challenge, game 2 , against ekeross: After combat , did not go to main phase ,gone right to end turn

28/3/2020 my name is pietr
    in my first challenge, game 2
    After combat , did not go to main phase and gone right to end turn. Did not let me play a spell that would be very important to the game. Did not let me play “light up the stage”.
    I am frustated. Thanks for the attention

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Lord of the void dealing damage

When Lord of the Void deals combat damage to a player the game infinitely restarts

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Gideon's Intervention still allows Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath to damage player when Uro, Titan of Wrath is chosen

I cast Gideon's Intervention naming Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath. My opponent attacked with that creature and damaged me twice. It is a bug that should be fixed but I shouldn't be penalized for that.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Entrancing Lyre doesn't ask user how much mana to spend when activated

Opponent had a haktos with chosen number 3. I had an entrancing lyre. I activate lyre targeting hakdos which should work since the chosen number is 3. Usually when activating lyre it asks how much mana I want to spend, in this case it completly skipped that and didnt ask me. It just says I chose 0.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. How to type magic (mana) symbols

with typing [sW] i get white mana symbol. With [s...] how to type mana symbols such as {W/U} or {2/U} or phyrexian mana? This is not in instructions on the web site. On the web site some instructions don't work either. For example [sSpellA] for artifact symbol does not work.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Skipped through my turn because I used "Yield Until Next End Step" in a different game

When playing the 3 MOCS events today, I encountered this bug two times:
    When playing two matches at the same time, I used "Yield Until here" in one game, and skipped until that point in another game. However, the first time it happened, I won the affected (Standard) match.
    Later, the same thing happened again when I misclicked on the "Yield Until Next End Step" option in the Standard Showcase Qualifier, MTGO skipped my first turn in the Modern Showcase, and caused me to lose the Modern game&match.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Couldn't counter with Force of Will

The program didnt let me cast a force of will on a game ending crop rotation

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Underworld Breach does not allow you to casting zero mana spells

Underworld Breach not allowing you to cast Zero mana spells such as crashing footfalls, ancestral visions, and restore balance. Text on cards read that cost was zero and required to exile 3 cards, but did not allow us to select the card to cast.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Gifts Ungiven, can select less than 4, and keep the chosen cards.

Opponent casts spell "Gifts Ungiven" and by only choosing 2 cards, I was unable to pick any cards to send to the graveyard. This is clearly not how the card mechanic reads. It states the casting player only received 2 cards which remain after opponent chooses 2 to go to the graveyard. It seems to be an exploit.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Cannot pay X for kicker cost

I click on "play with kicker" on Emblazoned Golem, I pay 2 mana and it comes into play with 2 mana in my pool, not allowing me to pay the kicker cost.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Casting Fire Covenant and Bond of Agony for X=0 causes a GSR

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Begin casting Fire Covenant, choosing not to select any target.
    2. Pay the mana cost of Fire Covenant.

Actual Result:
    The game appears to hang, the prompt box prompts the user to pay one extra mana (whichever color was the last mana paid for Fire Covenant's mana cost). Performing any actions other than casting Fire Covenant again will result in a Game Server Reset. Casting Fire Covenant again will prompt the user to select any number of targets again.

Expected Result:
    Fire Covenant is cast and goes to the graveyard. The user loses no life.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Baffling End is bugged with Calix, Destiny's Hand exiling ability.

I played a baffling end to remove a Rhonas then used Calix's -3 to exile a Steel leaf Champion onto the baffling end. When he removed the Baffling End with a Natural state it returned the Steel leaf and gave him a 3/3 Dino as it should have, but also returned his Rhonas to the board as it shouldn't have. I would assume it had some interaction with Calix's return to the battlefield clause with the baffling ends exile effect.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base