MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Top 8 timer

SO in real life magic theres no timer for top 8 but on mtgo there is??? what a load of **** I just top 8 my first event and lost in first round because of this bull!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Volrath's Shapeshifter becomes invisible when changing shape, can't be used

When Volrath's Shapeshifter takes on a new shape due to the top card in the graveyard being a creature card, it becomes invisible and cannot be used to attack, block or otherwise interact with.

As can be see in the attached chatlog, the etb ability of the creature in the graveyard still triggered (that creatures being Vendilion Clique).

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  6 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Veneful Pharaoh kills my own creature

I attacked my opponents Wrenn and Six with a Bloodghast, while I had a vengeful pharaoh in my graveyard.
    Wrenn die to combat damage and the vengeful pharaoh killed my bloodghast as the only attacker

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  2 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Replays are completely broken.

I don't know if this problem is unique to Commander replays, but right now the ability to replay a recent game is completely broken. When you click on the replay and request it to begin, you are taken to the game screen after a lengthy a pause. In this screen, the life totals are wrong, listed at 20/20 instead of the 40/40 it should have. And all the cards you have in hand are different from the cards you drew in the actual game, and you can't get the replay to even begin. Please fix this right away, it makes…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Lurrus and Expansion//Explosion

Lurrus does not trigger companion with expansion//explosion in the deck. Steps are:
    1. Create a deck full of lands and 1 expansion//explosion with lurrus in the sideboard
    2. Enter a game
    3. Actual: Game resolves mulligans and turns start
    4. Expected: Companion should trigger and allow the player to select a companion.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Gyruda, Doom of Depths doesn't work with leyline of the void/rest in peace

Filing here just to let mtgo staff know about this bug. Gyruda tracks where the milled cards go, so leyline/rest in peace should not affect the ability. I don't need reimbursement but I would like this fixed because it's an important interaction and there are several large events this weekend.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Lurrus Requires non-permanents to follow its rule

Lurrus Requires non-permanents to follow its rule for mana costs

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Stacking Tabernacle Ordering Issue

Couldn't stack my creature's triggers for tabernacle in the order I wanted.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Tapped Gold Tokens Can't Be Sacrificed

If a Gold token becomes tapped, you cannot sacrifice it for mana.

Steps to Reproduce
    1. Resolve Chapter 4 of The First Iroan Games to create a Gold token
    2. Opponent freezes it, most often with Kiora Bests the Sea God (leaving it tapped on your turn)
    3. On your turn, attempt to sacrifice the Gold.

Expected: Choose a mana of any color
    Actual: Left-click on Gold has no effect, right-click on Gold doesn't show mana-producing options

Also tested with Gild and its token with different art

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. If you control Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet, you get a Zombie token when a creature you control owned by an opponent dies

When I cast Crux of Fate to kill all creatures Kalitas exiled the Birds of Paradise I owned that they controlled, when Kalitas specifies it only triggers on creatures of my controlling dying. The Zombie Token resulting from this trigger was then able to attack and kill a planeswalker next turn when that zombie shouldn't have been in play

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  4 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. What is going on when the game just stops in a middle of a match and then it replays everything from turn 1 then just sits there.

what is going on when I am in the middle of a match regardless of format then all of a sudden it will freeze then replay the whole match card for card on high speed up to where it froze then just sits there then it says I lost the match by not responding but I am there but I can't click on nothing or anything what is going on here when that happens I have to force quit my client and then reopen then that match is bugged I can't get back into to it someone please help

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Selvala's Stampede lets the caster put any number of permantens on the battlefield regardless of the votes

Regardless of how many "free" votes (see rules text below) a player receives, they can put as many permanent cards from their hand onto the battlefield as they want.
    The "wild" part works as expected though.

" Selvala's Stampede {4}{G}{G}

Sorcery

Council’s dilemma — Starting with you, each player votes for wild or free. Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a creature card for each wild vote. Put those creature cards onto the battlefield, then shuffle the rest into your library. You may put a permanent card from your hand onto the battlefield for each…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  5 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Gideon's Intervention still allows Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath to damage player when Uro, Titan of Wrath is chosen

I cast Gideon's Intervention naming Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath. My opponent attacked with that creature and damaged me twice. It is a bug that should be fixed but I shouldn't be penalized for that.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Entrancing Lyre doesn't ask user how much mana to spend when activated

Opponent had a haktos with chosen number 3. I had an entrancing lyre. I activate lyre targeting hakdos which should work since the chosen number is 3. Usually when activating lyre it asks how much mana I want to spend, in this case it completly skipped that and didnt ask me. It just says I chose 0.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. How to type magic (mana) symbols

with typing [sW] i get white mana symbol. With [s...] how to type mana symbols such as {W/U} or {2/U} or phyrexian mana? This is not in instructions on the web site. On the web site some instructions don't work either. For example [sSpellA] for artifact symbol does not work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ixidron triggers without affecting some cards

Manifested Ixidron, it still triggered and turned some creatures face down. For some reason my opponents Nyx Weaver was not affected.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Art of abilities appears upside down on the stack, possibly due to flip-card in play

EDH Match ID:226687364, Game ID: 709991676

Around turn 5 art of most (not all) abilities started to appear upside-down while on the stack. We noticed it about the time my Kuon, Ogre Ascendant flipped for the first time, so I suspect that might be the cause.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Skipped through my turn because I used "Yield Until Next End Step" in a different game

When playing the 3 MOCS events today, I encountered this bug two times:
    When playing two matches at the same time, I used "Yield Until here" in one game, and skipped until that point in another game. However, the first time it happened, I won the affected (Standard) match.
    Later, the same thing happened again when I misclicked on the "Yield Until Next End Step" option in the Standard Showcase Qualifier, MTGO skipped my first turn in the Modern Showcase, and caused me to lose the Modern game&match.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  2 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Evolve

When multiple evolve triggers are put onto the stack at the same time, I am given no opportunity to order the triggers.

This becomes a problem with Renegade Krasis. Specifically, if I control Renegade Krasis and Experiment One each with no counters and play a creature with at least three power, I want to have the Experiment One trigger resolve first, but the client does not give me the option to order the triggers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Couldn't counter with Force of Will

The program didnt let me cast a force of will on a game ending crop rotation

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base