MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ceta Sanctuary does not recognize second state

Ceta Sanctuary does not recognize second state

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dredge doesn't work

During this match I had it occour 2 times that the card I dredged did not get put into my hand but rather stayed in the yard. This happened at the end of game1 while trying to dredge Darkmor Salvage via the last Ox of Agonas draw and once at the beginning of game2 while trying to dredge Stinkweed Imp off of Haggle.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Dinrova Horror and Guardian of Guildpact

I was playing in the Pauper Challenge this evening and was trying to return my opponents Guardian of the Guildpact with Dinrova Horror. It should have Returned it to their hand and they should have had to discard a card, but instead it didn't and just froze for a second and allowed me to make a different option. I kept trying to return the Guardian of the Guildpact but the same thing happened.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Gemstone Caverns restarts game

my opponent put in two gemstone caverns came three tried to undo it then the game restarted and we drew new 7 card hands. then immediately after we kept it would make us automatically go to discard. The program eventually let my opponent play on his turn 4 after discarding three times but never let me start to play and I conceded

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Counters not put on Ozolith when creatures are put in library

1. Have Ozolith on the Battlefield
    2. Have Attacking creatures with +1/+1 counters
    3. Opponent casts Aetherspouts
    4. Crearures are removed from the battlefield but no counters can be put on Ozolith
    25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  2 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Veneful Pharaoh kills my own creature

I attacked my opponents Wrenn and Six with a Bloodghast, while I had a vengeful pharaoh in my graveyard.
    Wrenn die to combat damage and the vengeful pharaoh killed my bloodghast as the only attacker

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Elvish Rejuvenator lands doesn't untap

Lands which where puts onto the battlefield by Elvish Rejuvenator doesn't untap in untap steps.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Decks not loading correctly into matches

My decks are not loaded into the games correctly. I selected a deck of 80 cards mainboard, and 15 cards sideboard and end up with a 74 card deck in the game.

I've reinstalled the game and made adjustments to the deck, but same keeps occuring. This keeps me from playing any Yorion deck atm.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Undoing Lion's Eye Diamond causes Game Restart

I accidentally activated my lions eye diamond. I attempted to crtl +z to undo as it is a mana ability.

At this point behavior becomes unclear.

I believe the game attempted to undo by restarting the game and replaying up until the point of LED activation. At some point a dsync occured and the game crashed.

This resulted in a new game being started - complete with openning hands and mulligans. Additionally I was set to yield all.

This resulted in a quick and uninteractive loss where I was not able to take actions for the first few turns of…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Confounding Conundrum returns two lands

confounding conundrum is bugged, i had to return two lands to my hand, instead of one.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  3 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Phyrexian Metamorph / Exhume

I had a similar experience as another player, but I resolved the issue. Opponent casts Exhume. I return a Phyrexian Metamorph; my opponent, an Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath. The prompt I get reads "Choose an artifact or creature on the battlefield for Phyrexian Metamorph to copy?" The only options are my Mana Vault, my opponents's Mana Vault, and a Zombie token, also my opponent's. I choose the Zombie, but nothing happens. I try both Mana Vaults; nothing still. I finally just choose the "No" option, expecting my Metamorph to die, but it turns into a Zombie token, like I…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Unable to cast Reconstruct History

1. Have 2 sorcery cards in your graveyard and nothing else
    2. Click on 'Reconstruct History' from your hand to try to cast it
    3. Notice bug (see attached screenshot)

I did have legal targets in my graveyard, but whenever I'd try to cast Reconstruct History, it wouldn't let me target them. Clicking 'OK' didn't do anything - the same message displayed. All I could do was click 'Cancel'. I tried casting it multiple times and no change

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. While Tabernacle of Pendrell Vale is in play, permanent turned into Elk by Oko don't pay 1 extra during their upkeep or destroy the creature

Permanents turned into elk by Oko after a Tabernacle of Pendrell Vale is in play do not actually gain "Pay 1 during your upkeep or destroy this creature."

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Grafdigger's Cage not preventing creatures from entering the battlefield from the library

Grafdiggers cage did not prevent creatures from entering the battlefield from the library, this meant that my transmogrify could not be used as a removal spell on the opposing creature

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sheltering Ancient doesn't continue to put counters

Sheltering Ancient was played on my opps side; I had a creature in play. The first cumulative update put a counter on my creature, but all subsequent turns saw the effect not take place.

Did not place counters on eligible creatures on my side of the battlefield after the first cumulative upkeep trigger was performed.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Auto-selection of cards when drafting and less time to pick

When the draft started maybe 20 minutes ago they were not giving adequate time to make picks. They would allow a total of like 8 seconds rather than the normal amount of time to make your selection.

This was not the normal amount of time to make your selections.

There were multiple times where it went to auto select before I could even decide what I wanted.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Esper Sentinel spent mana even when choosing 'No'

I was playing at the end of my opponent's turn and they owned an Esper Sentinel. I had 4 mana in my pool and played Eledamri's Call at the end of the turn, Esper Sential triggered and i pressed 'No' to Esper Sentinel's trigger to let my opponent draw a card. I did and it happened to not only spend my mana but my opponent also drew the card so that caused for me to lose that game.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base