MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. lag

I've been playing vintage cube last week and I've been met with an annoying problem. Sometimes when I pass priority or want to click OK, the client lags but my timer goes down. This usually takes 20-30 seconds before going on. It happens several times in a match which can cost me up to 4-5 minutes of my clock.

70 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Wizards of the Coast
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Game crash

In the middle of a game the game is suddenly closed

Windows 10 64 bit

Event viewer error message:

Faulting application name: MTGA.exe, version: 2019.3.2.27194, time stamp: 0x5e43e820
    Faulting module name: AkSoundEngine.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c45c221
    Exception code: 0xc0000409
    Error offset: 0x0000000000157fdc
    Faulting process identifier: 0x3a68
    Failed application start time: 0x01d65388ed612c72
    Faulting Application Path: C: \ Program Files \ Epic Games \ MagicTheGathering \ MTGA.exe
    Faulting module path: C: \ Program Files \ Epic Games \ MagicTheGathering \ MTGA_Data \ Plugins \ AkSoundEngine.dll
    Report identifier: 11695442-8e0a-48f4-8e3b-d5aa8b7ae986
    Full name of the failed package:
    Relative application identifier of the failed package:

30 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Game stuck on the loading screen

just spinning. forever. I tried a fresh installation. I tried with a VPN connected to NY and that worked.

39 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Game crashing after connecting

So when I start MTGO, I get the normal "computer is communicating with server" then after it presumably connects, it immediately crashes after yesterday's update. The start-up sound is not heard. This is both and after I uninstalled then reinstalled MTGO.

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Locked out/no connection to Magic Online

I have been locked out of my MO and have been unable to log in since around 23:30 on 5 June (JST).

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Connection

I keep getting a login issue, it says that there is a system deployment issue and that I should contact the vendor which would be you.... What do I do?

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. mtga leaves during the game

mtga leaves during the game and I can't return, when I opened the game again I enter the last game and leave again. no error message is displayed.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I can't get in the game says my account is inactive but I played every day

I can't get in the game says my account is inactive but I played every day

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. MainNavigation.exe Has Stopped Working

For when Mainnavigation.exe stops working.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. "Application cannot be started" error whenever I download an update

Whenever I open the exe, and there is an update, after install, it can never open MTGO. I have to uninstall all of MTGO and reinstall. Please fix this! It has been going on for at least a year. Look at attached error file.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. update and install

Hello.
    My problem begun july 16 2020 when an update showed to install.

I start my MTGArena then it says it will download the update, then when finished it says that will begin to install then the window disapear suddely. The execution stops without any warning or error message.

Then I uninstalled the Game and I'm trying to instal it again but it just do almost the same, it begin to execute the executable file than stops suddely without any warning or maessage.

Then I can't play since.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. game crashes everytime i try to reconnect after i lose connection,and then reconect. causeing me to time out multiply time

anytime I lose connection while in a match and then reconnect the game become unresponsive and crashes and logs me out, this has cause me to lose multiply game

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. game crashes without window error

the game closes without explaining, you cannot have a normal game. Since the update of the M21 I can not go platinum because it closes and when I enter it resumes the game and closes again, I do not get any error window or anything. The black screen was solved, but nothing else, the game has a greater problem and they do not give it importance. I don't even dare to play a draft, let alone spend a penny on something flawed.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. game crashes without window error

the game closes without explaining, you cannot have a normal game. Since the update of the M21 I can not go platinum because it closes and when I enter it resumes the game and closes again, I do not get any error window or anything. The black screen was solved, but nothing else, the game has a greater problem and they do not give it importance. I don't even dare to play a draft, let alone spend a penny on something flawed.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base