MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Problem

I can't connect for hours. I already uninstalled and installed the game but I can't conceive it always has the same error when trying to connect. Can someone help me

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Problem connecting

I can't connect for hours. I already uninstalled and installed the game but I can't conceive it always has the same error when trying to connect. Can someone help me

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Problem connecting

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Login problems

Cannot log in always connection lost even tho, all servers are up. Tried reinstal,PC and phone. Another internet connection all fails.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Connection Lost

"You have lost your connection to the server."

On my iphone mid game in a draft my game dropped and I got a Connection Lost error. I tried restarting my game, my device, checked for updates, tried a different network connection, used wifi and celluar, relogged on multiple times, and nothing helped. I then jumped on my PC and tried the same thing and the issue was on my PC as well. All the servers are listed as online on MTG arena status. Please assist me in getting this fixed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Critical error on startup

Steps Performed:
    - Client restart
    - Clean uninstall reinstall

First clean uninstall/reinstall resolved issue. Error message appeared again on second launch of client

Error message received:
    Error reading XML card data. This usually means that you have a corrupted install folder or registry. Please uninstall MTGO from the add/remove programs menu, and then reinstall the application from the MTGO website.

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Wont let me log into game

So this happens to me everyday and I'm getting sick of it it signs me out and now it litterly won't sign me back in

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Network problem

I'm not able to join any games but can still buy from the shop, refresh quest, or modify my deck. The network connection is also fine when I send mail and upload this message.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Account is no longer active after making purchase

After making a purchase on my account, I was kicked out.

When trying to login, I receive a message that states my account is no longer active and that I should contact customer support.

The online chat support has shown as offline for a couple of days and it seems nobody has viewed my support request.

what's the way forward if I cant get a hold of anyone?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Activation code not received

After registering I was asked to enter activation code, but unfortunately I didn't receive any. Forgot password option works fine and allows me to change password (I've received notification), however activation code is still missing. I don't see any option to resend it. I would be very grateful for the help.
    Regards

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Assets error detected

For some reason post update I can't log in it keeps saying it cant "verify my asset contents"and has to relaunch but no matter how many times it relaunched it says the same thing I also tried re-downloading it and that did nothing

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Unable to do any events or any game play telling me connection error

This new update that just got released has been giving really bad connection problems telling me unable to join event when it’s just a regular matchup

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. server disconnect

I got into a draft with others and by pick 5 i kept getting "disconnected from the server" pop ups. tried logging out and in but that didnt resolve anything so the game picked the cards for me i guess. Now i cant log in back to the game.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Critical Error after latest update

I am getting a critical error on 6/20/2021 after the latest mtgo update. I am able to log in and then when the game tries to load the home page, it crashes. The first time, my entire computer shut down. Now just MTGO crashes.

The site won't let me upload the jpeg or png?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Servers Down again

So...have you noticed your servers are down again? despite the fact it says they're up on your status webpage...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Loggin in

Sono connesso con l'accout sul sito Wizards, ma il gioco Magic non mi fa connettere usando gli stessi dati ( ho cambiato PSW 2 volte per provare, e il risultato è sempre lo stess)
    Sono iscritto almeno da 6 mesi e questo tipo di problema non mi era mai capitato

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ja fazem meses que não consigo acessar o magic online pelo celular

Depois da última atualização não consegui mais acessar minha conta mostra procurando servidor então a tela fica preta e volta a carregar novamente e ir para a área de login de novo.
    Já desinstalei e instalei, realizei tudo que recomendam, tentei em diversas redes wi fi e não obtive sucesso.
    Já não sei o que fazer para resolver isso.
    Estou quase desistindo de jogar

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 11/19 Trade Disabled

Can't open trade windows.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base