MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. blackscreen after loading screen

After downloading the new version of magic today on my smartphone and PC it showing the loading screen but after this the overview doesnt load and stays black, music is playing in the background and pressing esc giving you a sound feedback but nothing is showing up

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. problem 2146233088

i cant enter in the mtgo due to this problem

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Launching Application Error

When I click on the shortcut, a "Launching Application" window (see attachment 1) opens for a few seconds then closes, and the nothing else happens. If I look at the Task manager, the "MainNavigation" process runs for a couple seconds, then disappears.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Lag, Misclick, Game Becoming Unplayable

Whenever I play the game for multiple rounds. My actions become slower and slower until the game is completely paused. It's like the game is trying to go to full screen mode (which there isn't one) and then it snaps back into place. I don't have a good screenshot, but it's very frustrating and I'm on a fairly new computer. In Round 3 of my most current league I was left with 5 minutes on the timer, because my game was pausing for minutes at a time between click actions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. unable to reconnect

the game freezed, i log off and wasn't able to reconnect in time to re join the game

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. unable to move opening hand/mulligans

I have had multiple matches where I won the die roll for first but when I selected yes to play first the game client would not accept it and it would restart the game and ask me again if I would like to play first. on one occasion it made it to mulligans but then it wouldn't let you choose to mulligan or keep.
    Match #237876360 Game #754851068 for reference.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. MTGO Game slows down after running for a game or so

On my desktop PC which is far above the requirements the game slows down dramatically after playing for more than 10 minutes. There is huge lag between taking an action and the game updating.

This started happening maybe 3 weeks ago.

I have tried reinstalling MTGO, it is not a connection issue, I can play on my surface pro far inferior to the desktop with no issues.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. App validation failed

After downloaded setup, this is the result of it's execution

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. unable to update client

hello, My client has been unable to update for the last 3 or 4 days. I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. I continue to recieve this error message during the load/update process.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Connection cut-out mid draft

The game shut down at the start of the premier draft, possibly costing me a token. I reconnected twice before the client had to validate the asset files to ensure stability.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. installer

There was an update today and I can't install it. My PC never was able to run the .exe installer file, so I've always went for the .msi from this link:
    https://forums.mtgarena.com/forums/threads/58489

Problem is, the .msi from this link wasn't updated along with this new update (as you can see, the post was edited last time by the adm 20 days ago).

I have no idea what to do.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Games says update.

Games says to update I go to my play store and there isn't an update for it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Cannot download MTG Online

Moved to a new PC and need to redownload modo. Pressing the download now button on the MTG Online Home page briefly opens a new page but does not actually download a file. Tons of other programs download fine, so it is not some sort of browser or pc issue. Mousing over the button shows that it links to an executable (.exe) file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Unable to change installation location

I am unable to change where my game is installed. It will automatically install onto my C: drive however it needs to be on my D: drive as it has the most space free.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Magic online not starting

Error: "Your connection to magic online has failed. Please verify that you are connected to the internet and try again."

The app worked literally last night, a few hours ago.
    I shut down my firewalls. Restarted my computer. Checked mtgo server.

This shouldn't happen, I'd like to play my final vintage cube match before the league closes in a couple hours. Not happy with this product right now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. MTGO crash after login

very often after a login i have a client crash, if y close and relog the problem seems solved, but next time i log it crashses again.
    I tried to re-install the client several times, even a clean reinstall with your guide.
    https://mtgo-support.wizards.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037665192-How-do-I-reinstall-or-perform-a-clean-installation-of-MTGO-

in last league i had to relog during a match and almost timed out.

please, would need a solution to don't have the crash anymore

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Magic Arena crashing

Game crashing after trying to build a deck

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. mtga still down for maintenance

There was an update earlier, and when I tried to lig in, the game shwed me a message " system is down for maintenance ". I closed the program and reopened it a few times with no change.
    I've re-installed it a few times and it still shows the same message
    I tried to re-install using the MSI installer and still shows the same message "system is down for maintenance"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Client Unresponsive during matches

The client constantly freezes when I receive priority. The freezes get longer and more frequent the longer the client is open. I have lost from timeout multiple times do to this issue, with some turns losing up to a whole minute do the periodic freezing when receiving priority. So that can be, and has been, 2 minutes lost per turn cycle because of client issues.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base