MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Connection

I keep getting a login issue, it says that there is a system deployment issue and that I should contact the vendor which would be you.... What do I do?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. stuck in game

Stuck in a match. Whenever I re-log in to MTGO the match resume even though the match was a few days ago. I have to concede to just close out the window. Even in the constructed menu under commander (which is where the match was), it shows that we are "joined".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Update/Install download times out

Update/Install download times out
    Always times out after about 88 MB downloaded. Won't even finish downloading. Have tried on 2 separate computers so likely not a cache issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Update/Install download times out

Update/Install download times out
    Always times out after about 88 MB downloaded. Won't even finish downloading. Have tried on 2 separate computers so likely not a cache issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Client crashes upon start up with with "critical error"

When I start up the mtgo client, I receive an error message stating that there is a critical error and the client must restart. When I attempt to reopen the client, the same error comes up. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the client, but it did not fix the issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. mtgo crashes between games

this has been happening for the past 2 weeks even after several clean installs

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. League could not process

mol could not process my match and ended it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Dargo causes a looping crash when cast for various reasons.

I have had a gamebreaking bug twice now in the commander phantom draft league. One while I was casting Dargo from command zone and Once while an opponent was. The first time it looped for a while and since I was the active player I lost due to inactivity since it was using my time. Fine whatever the table got points and could vote. The second time Just occurred. I had lethal for the table, an opponent portent of betrayaled one of my commanders, swung with it and then tried to sacrifice it to dargo but did not have the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Can't create account

I cannot create my account. I fill in my date of birth and country and it says, "This account cannot be created. Please contact Wizards Customer Support for assistance." I am over 13 and eligible as far as I can see. This is very frustrating and I would appreciate help.
    Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. MTGO going slower after playing

I have a good computer, but only with mtgo it goes slower and slower after playing a couple of games. I need to close and open the software again, and I've lost a lot of league games because of this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. can' t start mtgo

i don t have any connection problem, but most of the times i open mtgo on my laptop it gives me a fatal error and close the app. i can only disinstall and reinstall but it s sooo annoying.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Client download doesn't work

I have a new pc, buy I cannot download the MTGO client.
    Link doesn't work

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. game froze

game froze during a standard bo1 ranked i think the opponent pulled his router from salt build up now im stuck

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Cannot download or install mtgo

I cannot install mtgo i have this problem in image 1).
    If i try to download it from the link suggested in image 1 i have this problem in image 2).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. CAN NOT INSTALL GAME

downloader does not work, will not install game, an error has occurred attempting to install magic the gathering online

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. can't install mtgo

after update, i can't install MTGO.

I do all you suggest in reinstal page, but i can't install anyway.

In twitter you say the problem is solved, but not for me...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. CAnnot update or install modo after todays downtime

managed to get the update file through chome security but when i run it throws application cannot be started please contact application vendor
    attached is the details file

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base