MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. still cant update or install mtgo... whole day of cube down the drain..

still cant install new update or clean install of modo and cube ends tomorrow arggg

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Lag is unacceptable... No wonder barely anyone is playing despite Mythic Tokens

I have fast internet, a $2,300 laptop which I use to play Cyberpunk2077 on fine and I play Arena with no severe latency issues... but on MTGO, there is noticeable lag at times, and it eats into my clock.

I just logged on for the first time in months due to the Mythic Token, but when the MTGO servers are clearly either being attacked or poorly managed to where the play experience becomes excruciating, from a casual perspective. I have no idea how anyone would invest time and money into playing this competatively...

This is sad to return to and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cannot start application after MTGO maintenance today

After todays scheduled maintenance I cannot connect. I get an error message it is already installed from another location. I rebooted the computer. I have no idea what else to do

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Cant install after Update 18/11/2020

I cant install Magic online anymore after the update today I did a complete uninstall and also cleard the ClickOnce cache. After some more digging some friends of mine looked into my install log and saw that the SLL Certificate for my region might not be in order I will attach the Log from the installer

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Cant Dowload MTGO

error occurred trying to download 'http://mtgoclientdepot.onlinegaming.wizards.com/MTGO.application'

i GET THIS ERROR WHEN I TRY INSTALL

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Wont install

MTGO will not install on my computer please help i have a cardhoarder order waiting

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. access issue

Hi,
    Actually I've this problem, even if uninstalling and reinstalling:

MagicExceptionType: MagicException
    Severity: Fatal
    ActionToTake: The application will now close.
    ExtraDetails:
    InternalDetails: The task 'Initializing card data' failed to complete.
    in WotC.MtGO.Client.Model.Core.TaskManager.<>cDisplayClass28_0.<RaiseCompletedEvent>b0(Object <p0>) in C:\CM\workspace\releasenext\source\windows\clients\Shiny\Model\WotC.MtGO.Client.Model.Core\TaskManager.cs:riga 339
    in System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
    in System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
    in System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
    in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    in MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    in System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. client crashing on startup

as soon as the client opens i am getting this critical error message. I have already tried uninstalling then reinstalling

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. can not play

Today I playing Modern league.
    The screen suddenly switches and does not move from this screen shot.
    I also tried uninstalling it, but it didn't work.
    I want to know how I can play mtgo again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Client gets progressively slower

Every match i play, the client gets slower to the point where every action takes several seconds to register. I have to close the client and restart it. I am running on a monster of a machine, 32 cores, 128gb ram, win10 pro all up to date, nvidia gtx 2060. No reason it should be doing this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. how to fix lag issues?

I have been playing MTGO for years without an issue - now I'm having a problem where after a couple of games my client becomes unbearably laggy. Every click will take 5 or more seconds to register. This adds up very very quickly and makes it nearly impossible to keep up. I've deleted MTGO, reinstalled from scratch - this will fix the problem temporarily, but then after a few games it will return to the same state. Can someone help me here?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. MTGO crashing all the time, unable to launch the software again

The software is crashing all the time, can't stay online, automatically crashes after launching.
    I tried to reinstall MTGO but it didn't work (same problem)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. game crashes without window error

the game closes without explaining, you cannot have a normal game. Since the update of the M21 I can not go platinum because it closes and when I enter it resumes the game and closes again, I do not get any error window or anything. The black screen was solved, but nothing else, the game has a greater problem and they do not give it importance. I don't even dare to play a draft, let alone spend a penny on something flawed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Can't read questions on email address change section.

I can't read what information your looking for to change my email address. Anybody know what needs to be in the three boxes?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Client Not Connecting

8:30 am EST on 8/30, I am getting a message saying MTGO cant connect, Im getting a message saying check my connection to the internet which is definitely working fine. I also see a messages saying MTGO is under going maintenance but nothing is showing is on the schedule

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Locked out/no connection to Magic Online

I have been locked out of my MO and have been unable to log in since around 23:30 on 5 June (JST).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. pauper 2 player queue

playing queue: after first game, and subited sideboard, mtgo ***** and close the software.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. WIll NOT LOAD

Does anyone know the fix from Tuesdays the 16th's issue? I can not log into my account. I flushed my DNS and Winsock reset, as well as reinstalling MTGA on my laptop. This is a high grade machine and has had no issue running Arena before the 16th. I dropped some cash on the K-Remastered set and am annoyed I can not get in. Please help!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base