MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Downloading Visual Studio crashes MTGO client

I have been playing MTGO for a long time and very frequently, so I'm quite sure it was downloading Visual Studio that caused the problem. The very next time I opened MTGO it did this. When I open the program, that verification pop up displays as I can hear the opening sound of the program. I have never got this verification pop up in the past when starting the program. Then it crashes immediately and I get the main navigation error. I have since tried playing Arena (which has also worked in the past, I just prefer MTGO) and the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. brought to debug screen on reconnect

I was in a draft game and my computer rebooted. upon relaunching Arena, it said there may be asset corruption and it needed to do a check. After the check, I was brought to a debug screen (screenshot attached).

I closed Arena and relaunched and was brought to the home screen but I had lost my game (timed out most likely)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can't start the Game, only black screens

Game is not strating properly, sometimes only blackscreen or inatiating and loading an dblackscreen then.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. update and install

Hello.
    My problem begun july 16 2020 when an update showed to install.

I start my MTGArena then it says it will download the update, then when finished it says that will begin to install then the window disapear suddely. The execution stops without any warning or error message.

Then I uninstalled the Game and I'm trying to instal it again but it just do almost the same, it begin to execute the executable file than stops suddely without any warning or maessage.

Then I can't play since.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I can't create an account

I can't create an account! Please help me!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. game crashes everytime i try to reconnect after i lose connection,and then reconect. causeing me to time out multiply time

anytime I lose connection while in a match and then reconnect the game become unresponsive and crashes and logs me out, this has cause me to lose multiply game

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. game crashes without window error

the game closes without explaining, you cannot have a normal game. Since the update of the M21 I can not go platinum because it closes and when I enter it resumes the game and closes again, I do not get any error window or anything. The black screen was solved, but nothing else, the game has a greater problem and they do not give it importance. I don't even dare to play a draft, let alone spend a penny on something flawed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Mtg Online will not let me login

I made my account and then tried to login. When i hit login after entering my information it pops up a message saying "Please verify your screen name and password are correct,d then try again. If this issue persists please try resetting password then contact support". Well I tried to reset my password then it pops up and says " something has gone wrong. Please try again".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. cannot download client after an update

performed every suggestion at this article: https://mtgo-support.wizards.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037665192

Error:
    + Downloading http://mtgoclientdepot.onlinegaming.wizards.com/3.4.114.4042.20200428090330/Audio/General/UIZOOMIN.wav did not succeed.
    + The operation has timed out.

Operating System: Windows 10

Troubleshooting Steps Performed
    - Uninstall/reinstall
    - Reset Winsock

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Cannot open client

Entered a double masters draft, in pack 1 pick 1 computer blue screened. restarted computer, cannot open mtgo client. will not even make error message, just will not open. Restarted computer, same thing happened. Un installed and Re installed client, still does not work. I just want to know what I drafted and i can't log in at all.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. cierre de el sistema

el programa se reinicia, se cierra en plena partida

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. mtg arena não instala

amiugo estou com o mesmo problema. fui acessar o jogo hoje e me apareu a tela que eu deveria atualizar o jogo.. baixei no site oficial, mas na hora de executar para atualizar o joigo, clico no executável e nada acontece. já desbloquiei o arquivo, já executei como administrador mas nada resolveu.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Playing on Parallels (MAC) Virtual Machine

Lag, disconnects, and other connection based errors related to playing Magic Online using a Virtual Machine running Windows OS on a Mac.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Desconecccion sin causa

Se cierra el juego sin causa durante una partida, no tira ningun error y luego no te deja volver a entrar ya que se vuelve a cerrar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Personal info not saving/ not possible to make purchases on the game

I cannot save my address info on the game, therefore it is not possible to purchase the account upgrade kit since everytime I click on Checkout pops up the address info

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. whole game is dissappointing

I have been playing magic the gathering since 2010 and i have invested alot of money in the game and recently i decided to play online versus actual cards try different style and i have never been so dissapointed with all the lag in the game and the unfriendly userface and how far behind the cards are tried to upload some of mine from theros and ikoria and would not upload for there is no reason i should buy cards twice for offline and online and tried to upload a mutate deck and would not accepy them and there is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Offspring's revenge bugged? (Plus report page is bug)

EDIT: Your report page is bugged and doesn't give me the option to pick the category game play report bug. See Screenshot.

I also wanted to report on the card. Offspring's revenge on a possible bug.

Opponent has offspring's Revenge with a lot of creatures in their graveyard.

Like a drakuseth dragon. I used a Elspeth nightmare to eventually empty their graveyard. The opponent is still able to access their grave yard exile to use their offspring's Revenge. Is this bugged? They didn't target any card from their graveyard. There's nothing there.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. continuously wasting time organizing cards in deckbuilder just to have them all piled back together wasting the hours I just spent, twice

This is pretty frustrating considering how old magic online is. The UI is super laggy and makes using it take way longer than it should. I have a core I7 a gtx 1070 and 16gb ram....... why is just building a deck so laggy? It's not user friendly and hasn't seemed to be updated in years, looks just like it did the last time I had it installed. Then the main problem, on top of taking forever to organize cards due to the extremely slow UI. Took a rough 1st draft with lots of cards........separated into definite keepers and the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. High CPU usage

After the release of Ikoria the CPU usage is constantly on a 100% , making the game unplayable. It was totally fine with a smooth experience before Ikoria. I have two drafts I can not even complete. I can not play the game at this time

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base