MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. WIll NOT LOAD

Does anyone know the fix from Tuesdays the 16th's issue? I can not log into my account. I flushed my DNS and Winsock reset, as well as reinstalling MTGA on my laptop. This is a high grade machine and has had no issue running Arena before the 16th. I dropped some cash on the K-Remastered set and am annoyed I can not get in. Please help!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Can't start the Game, only black screens

Game is not strating properly, sometimes only blackscreen or inatiating and loading an dblackscreen then.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. scute

I had 500+ Scute Swarms and it crashed the client (6 land drops in a turn). I just wanted more lotus mana so I could give haste and swing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. mtga leaves during the game

mtga leaves during the game and I can't return, when I opened the game again I enter the last game and leave again. no error message is displayed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I can't access my account !!!

I have an old account (lukinhaas25 # 37902) and I want to go back to playing, but when I try to login it appears that my password or sogin is incorrect, and asks to reset the password if the error persists, but when I put it to reset, the error, and send contact support, so please fix my account so I can get back to playing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. CardDataException

Hello,

I have a CardDataException when i launch MTGO. If i reinstall MTGO, i can launch the software the first time, play, exit MTGO. But when i try to launch MTGO a second time, i have this exception.

Thanks a lot

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Unable to sign in or reset password in app.

Unable to sign in or request to reset password in the MTG Online (PC)app.

No more to say other than what the app tells me. Contact support, I know my password and display name is correct, so I need your help on this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. No Acteivation email

I have to re-activate my account, and the code sent in the activation email wont work. I requested a new activation code, and nothing happened. No new email with a new activation code in my inbox, nor my spam folder.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. MTGO download link does not work in modern browsers

The current MTGO downloader is located here: https://magic.wizards.com/en/mtgo#download-now

The "download now" button downloads an exe, which is widely regarded as a security flaw and modern browsers do not allow it unless workarounds are employed. You need to test this page with modern browsers to make sure people can download the game.

This issue was discovered on Windows 10 x64, Chrome version 86.0.4240.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. compte vide apres bug java

bonjour, après avoir réinstaller mtgo, car il planter sur un bug java a l'ouverture. je me reconnecte et j'ai plus rien mon compte est complément vide

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Cannot create account

I cannot create my account. I fill in my date of birth and country and it says, "This account cannot be created. Please contact Wizards Customer Support for assistance." I am over 13 and eligible as far as I can see. This is very frustrating and I would appreciate help.
    Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Cannot create account

I cannot create my account. I fill in my date of birth and country and it says, "This account cannot be created. Please contact Wizards Customer Support for assistance." I am over 13 and eligible as far as I can see. This is very frustrating and I would appreciate help.
    Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. game crashes without window error

the game closes without explaining, you cannot have a normal game. Since the update of the M21 I can not go platinum because it closes and when I enter it resumes the game and closes again, I do not get any error window or anything. The black screen was solved, but nothing else, the game has a greater problem and they do not give it importance. I don't even dare to play a draft, let alone spend a penny on something flawed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. MagicExceptionType: MagicException Severity: Fatal

MagicExceptionType: MagicException
    Severity: Fatal
    ActionToTake: The application will now close.
    ExtraDetails:
    InternalDetails: The task 'Initializing card data' failed to complete.
    em WotC.MtGO.Client.Model.Core.TaskManager.<>cDisplayClass28_0.<RaiseCompletedEvent>b0(Object <p0>) na C:\CM\workspace\releasenext\source\windows\clients\Shiny\Model\WotC.MtGO.Client.Model.Core\TaskManager.cs:linha 339
    em System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
    em System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
    em System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
    em System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    em System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    em System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    em MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    em System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
    em System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
    em System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Could you please put a reconnect to server button in the settings screen. That way when we know the game is unresponsive we can press.

Please make a "Reconnect to Server" button in Settings... If game becomes unresponsive we can press to reconnect without having to wait and lose a turn and the game we are playing...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I can't get in the game says my account is inactive but I played every day

I can't get in the game says my account is inactive but I played every day

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. MainNavigation.exe Has Stopped Working

For when Mainnavigation.exe stops working.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base