MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Falha de autenticação

Estou com problemas pará fazer.o login ,está apresentando falha na autenticação

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Launcher

Hi. I'm trying to connect to MOL, but when I run the icon, the program doesn't follow the command. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling numerous times, but it still doesn't work. I updated NETframwork, disabled antivirus, but nothing works. A Message appears: "Verifying application requirements. This may take a few minutes". However, it all ends like that. Nothing happens. Also, I can't find any directory where the program was installed, so try to run the launcher in the source folder.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Activation code not received

After registering I was asked to enter activation code, but unfortunately I didn't receive any. Forgot password option works fine and allows me to change password (I've received notification), however activation code is still missing. I don't see any option to resend it. I would be very grateful for the help.
    Regards

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. My account is no longer active

I tried to log in mtgo and a message appear saying my account is no longer active, i did not recive any email or anything to.
    What went wrong?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Unable to login

I am currently unable to login to MTG Online. Used to work, then 3 days ago got a "unable to login" message. I have reset my password multiple times, and it is not my end (I'm logged in here with my current user/pass, so obviously it's not that). What next?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Humble Defector

Game restarted after Humble Defector trigger, and when a player concedes on their turn

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Unable to Login

That’s the message I get when I launch the app on any of my devices. It offers a log out option, which I do, and still get the same message.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. MOL Server time response to low, impossible play a game

Yesterday and today i cant play to MOL.
    Is it possible solve these performances issues?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. game crash when player concedes

Over the last couple weeks, every commander game that I have played that has ended with: A player conceding with a spell on the stack. Has resulted in a game crash. The game freezes... then tries to repro the game state... then fails to do so and repeats in a loop.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. cant login

I have downloaded and installed a new client
    but i cannot log in or create a new account

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Critical Error after latest update

I am getting a critical error on 6/20/2021 after the latest mtgo update. I am able to log in and then when the game tries to load the home page, it crashes. The first time, my entire computer shut down. Now just MTGO crashes.

The site won't let me upload the jpeg or png?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. After latest update can't start the game

After the latest update of the game I've been playing on my S-10 with no problems thus far I try to start the game thru the app on my phone. Makes it thru all the "checks" and then it crashes on "Loading Initial Scene". I've had zero problems up to this point. Some help on this would be nice, thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Disconnected from game 1

Was about to concede game 1 in my third league match, to be greeted by a connectivity error, asking me to discard to 7 cards, and not being able to do so. Reconnected, had the whole match up until that point replay before me, and it again crashed. And I can't join the league q again. Can someone assist? It says my current match is pending, and I can't rejoin that match either. thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Magic Online slows down over time

for several months now my MTGO account is slowing down the more time I am logged in, which means that it takes more and more time until an action is executed (tapping lands, casting a spell, everything).

It's already at a stage, which makes it kind of unplayable within given time. Closing the program and reopen it sets the delay to 0 again, but it immediately starts to get slower and slower again.

By the way some friends had the same problem, but it disappeared at some point, but not for me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Unable to Uninstall/Install and Launch

Game crashed and would no longer allow me to start. Attempted to do the usual deleteing of the 2.0 folder and reinstalling but it will not work. Attempted to uninstall the MTGO from the control panel, but the prompts for uninstallation never appear. ANy ideas what my next step should be?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Your client is garbage

I hope you guys fix your garbage client soon. I am so exhausted with it crashing mid-game I am thinking about taking up Pokemon. That's how bad your client is.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can't play any games... I get this error

Whenever I click to play a game I get an error stating that "I cannot Resign from event, Network Error"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Game restarting

I was playing a Modern League on mtgo, but i had the same problem in 3 different matches. At some point the game crashes and show a loop of that game played until that moment. Then it restarts a new game, changing the time left on the clock of both players. In this moment the game is no more playable because it goes straight to cleanup every turn

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I cant play the first pvp game green vs ??? wehn i start it the loade screen comes (Waiting for the Server)

I cant play the first pvp game green vs ??? wehn i start it the loade screen comes (Waiting for the Server) and it never ends

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base