MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Magic: The Gathering Arena Mobile Game Will Not Download To My Android Devices

I have been trying to install the new mobile Arena and have been very unsuccessful. The Article at https://magic.wizards.com/en/mtgarena says that the app is android friendly, but it will not install on either of my android devices; see attached screenshots.

Super excited to be possibly playing on my mobile's soon.

Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Computer freezes at "Loading Initial Scene"

For the past two weeks, MTG Arena will not open. It sits at "Loading Initial Scene" and will not go further than that.

This has occurred ever since the Strixhaven update was launched. Do I have to wait until the next set before this program works?

Or am I permanently locked out of Arena? If I'm permanently locked out, I'd like a refund for the gems I have bought, and for my collection of wildcards.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Computer freezes at "Loading Initial Scene"

For the past two weeks, MTG Arena will not open. It sits at "Loading Initial Scene" and will not go further than that.

This has occurred ever since the Strixhaven update was launched. Do I have to wait until the next set before this program works?

Or am I permanently locked out of Arena? If I'm permanently locked out, I'd like a refund for the gems I have bought, and for my collection of wildcards.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Computer freezes at "Loading Initial Scene"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Mtga direct challenge

I am not able to play or see my friends on mtga. On my iPhone and iPad I can’t even see my list of friends. On my MacBook, I can see my friends but not challenge then

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. error login

i cant identify my account in the game database..I can only play on the mobile .

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. long time to log in

after an update on mtgo, there is a long time , hours, to log in, it says there are connection problems, but instead the connection is there and it goes fast for the rest. I have already tried to reinstall

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Interface issue

Interface issue, I can't see my daily quest and friend's menu anymore. It desapear yesterday. This morning I was able to see again the icone, but it was gone after a match. I desinstall the client, ddl the new one, and nothing change. Mobile and comptuer. (I'm using PC and phone android.)
    I can't see what the daily request... I'm loosing opportunity to earn exp and coins !

Please help.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. every player lagging 10-20 seconds each action

Playing commander, each player is complaining about how there is serious wait time after every action, making games unplayably slow. One player said its been happening for over 10 hours. (right now its 7:11 am pst 4/16/21)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. MTGO glitch

Hello. Long time player here. I love the game. Check out this glitch on MTGO. I created a highlight on my twitch for your review. I hope this helps. Keep up the great work on my favorite game! Glitches happen and I understand.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/988981648

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. MTGO Running very slowly

every time the phase is passed to MTGO to process, it takes FOREVER. Everything is running slower than usual

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Can't connect to the App on Iphone -

Hi,

The app doesn't start...
    I deleted the app... and new install. No more starting...

Thank's for your help.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Friend’s status becomes offline when their phone is locked

I’m using an iPhone 11 Pro Max and my girlfriend uses an iPhone 7 Plus. We both open the game and I see her on my friends list as online. She leaves her phone for a while, it locks, and she becomes online on my friends list. She unlocks her phone with the game still active but she still appears offline in my friends list. She sends a challenge invite to me and I receive it, but when I tap on it (bottom left corner of the screen), the challenge disappears and she stills appear offline. She has to restart…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. MTGO Servers are Lagging compared to any online game, it appears there is a Server Optimization problem in 2021

People online are claiming Arena and MTGO run on the same servers... which to me as a 2007 computer science minor from NYU, this suggests a mangement problem as they should not be on the same servers given MTGO should be running on whatever servers they had back in 2015 or so... MTGO is not Unity.. the two will have issues trying to be on the same servers.

Arena runs fine... MTGO looses me seconds on a clock and I find myself being distracted by the lag issues that were not a problem back in 2012-2017...

I have no idea…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. retrieving asset manifest

The game just doesn’t start.
    Its stuck on „retrieving asset manifest“.
    The problem occurs on every device: iPad, iMac, Macbook.
    Workaround: Using a Phone-Hotspot.. but i wont spent any more money on extra-mb on my phone. Already spent too much on it for a „free to play“ game. This has to be possible via normal internet connection (wifi).
    Wish this bug could be fixed finally. No gaming until then.
    Sad & angry!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Startup Black screen after today last update

Good Afternoon, i need to report a bug after today last update. On start MTGArena it still showing black screen after files load, I see also this bug on my friends computers that i play MTGArena everyday.

My system info:
    Windows 10 pro 64bits
    Intel i5 10400F
    GTX 1660 Super

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. blackscreen after loading screen

After downloading the new version of magic today on my smartphone and PC it showing the loading screen but after this the overview doesnt load and stays black, music is playing in the background and pressing esc giving you a sound feedback but nothing is showing up

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. problem 2146233088

i cant enter in the mtgo due to this problem

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base