MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. MTGO crash after login

very often after a login i have a client crash, if y close and relog the problem seems solved, but next time i log it crashses again.
    I tried to re-install the client several times, even a clean reinstall with your guide.
    https://mtgo-support.wizards.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037665192-How-do-I-reinstall-or-perform-a-clean-installation-of-MTGO-

in last league i had to relog during a match and almost timed out.

please, would need a solution to don't have the crash anymore

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Client gets progressively slower

Every match i play, the client gets slower to the point where every action takes several seconds to register. I have to close the client and restart it. I am running on a monster of a machine, 32 cores, 128gb ram, win10 pro all up to date, nvidia gtx 2060. No reason it should be doing this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. how to fix lag issues?

I have been playing MTGO for years without an issue - now I'm having a problem where after a couple of games my client becomes unbearably laggy. Every click will take 5 or more seconds to register. This adds up very very quickly and makes it nearly impossible to keep up. I've deleted MTGO, reinstalled from scratch - this will fix the problem temporarily, but then after a few games it will return to the same state. Can someone help me here?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Client Unresponsive during matches

The client constantly freezes when I receive priority. The freezes get longer and more frequent the longer the client is open. I have lost from timeout multiple times do to this issue, with some turns losing up to a whole minute do the periodic freezing when receiving priority. So that can be, and has been, 2 minutes lost per turn cycle because of client issues.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Memory Leak

I am getting horrible memory leaks. the client starts at about 1200 MB of RAM usage, and gradually climbs to about 1600 where it becomes very slow

it takes about a match to a match and a half to result in this

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. stuck in game

Stuck in a match. Whenever I re-log in to MTGO the match resume even though the match was a few days ago. I have to concede to just close out the window. Even in the constructed menu under commander (which is where the match was), it shows that we are "joined".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Can't read questions on email address change section.

I can't read what information your looking for to change my email address. Anybody know what needs to be in the three boxes?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Client crashes upon start up with with "critical error"

When I start up the mtgo client, I receive an error message stating that there is a critical error and the client must restart. When I attempt to reopen the client, the same error comes up. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the client, but it did not fix the issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. mtgo crashes between games

this has been happening for the past 2 weeks even after several clean installs

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Dargo causes a looping crash when cast for various reasons.

I have had a gamebreaking bug twice now in the commander phantom draft league. One while I was casting Dargo from command zone and Once while an opponent was. The first time it looped for a while and since I was the active player I lost due to inactivity since it was using my time. Fine whatever the table got points and could vote. The second time Just occurred. I had lethal for the table, an opponent portent of betrayaled one of my commanders, swung with it and then tried to sacrifice it to dargo but did not have the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. game restarted

game restarted and replayed every turn since turn one, this repeated a few times then the game restarted with new hands, fresh clock, but kept the old game log. while making this report the game ended in a draw.... (was played in commander legends draft) no one got votes and that was it.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Cannot download MTG Online

Moved to a new PC and need to redownload modo. Pressing the download now button on the MTG Online Home page briefly opens a new page but does not actually download a file. Tons of other programs download fine, so it is not some sort of browser or pc issue. Mousing over the button shows that it links to an executable (.exe) file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Client download doesn't work

I have a new pc, buy I cannot download the MTGO client.
    Link doesn't work

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Unable to change installation location

I am unable to change where my game is installed. It will automatically install onto my C: drive however it needs to be on my D: drive as it has the most space free.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Cannot download or install mtgo

I cannot install mtgo i have this problem in image 1).
    If i try to download it from the link suggested in image 1 i have this problem in image 2).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. pauper 2 player queue

playing queue: after first game, and subited sideboard, mtgo ***** and close the software.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base