MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. compte vide apres bug java

bonjour, après avoir réinstaller mtgo, car il planter sur un bug java a l'ouverture. je me reconnecte et j'ai plus rien mon compte est complément vide

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can't create account

I cannot create my account. I fill in my date of birth and country and it says, "This account cannot be created. Please contact Wizards Customer Support for assistance." I am over 13 and eligible as far as I can see. This is very frustrating and I would appreciate help.
    Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cannot create account

I cannot create my account. I fill in my date of birth and country and it says, "This account cannot be created. Please contact Wizards Customer Support for assistance." I am over 13 and eligible as far as I can see. This is very frustrating and I would appreciate help.
    Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cannot create account

Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. can' t start mtgo

i don t have any connection problem, but most of the times i open mtgo on my laptop it gives me a fatal error and close the app. i can only disinstall and reinstall but it s sooo annoying.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. MagicExceptionType: MagicException Severity: Fatal

MagicExceptionType: MagicException
    Severity: Fatal
    ActionToTake: The application will now close.
    ExtraDetails:
    InternalDetails: The task 'Initializing card data' failed to complete.
    em WotC.MtGO.Client.Model.Core.TaskManager.<>cDisplayClass28_0.<RaiseCompletedEvent>b0(Object <p0>) na C:\CM\workspace\releasenext\source\windows\clients\Shiny\Model\WotC.MtGO.Client.Model.Core\TaskManager.cs:linha 339
    em System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
    em System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
    em System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
    em System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    em System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    em System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    em MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    em System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
    em System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
    em System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. MTGO Game slows down after running for a game or so

On my desktop PC which is far above the requirements the game slows down dramatically after playing for more than 10 minutes. There is huge lag between taking an action and the game updating.

This started happening maybe 3 weeks ago.

I have tried reinstalling MTGO, it is not a connection issue, I can play on my surface pro far inferior to the desktop with no issues.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Disconnection/Dropped Game Loss

I was going to win game3, no doubt, and the game suddenly crashed. I wasn't able to rejoin in time, and lost th egame. There is no reason for the game to crash like that, since I'm always playing and that never happend.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. lag/timeout/crash missed picks while drafting

draft begins and draft window close reload magic online but lose several first picks

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. lag/Timeout while drafting

lag/timeouts while drafting

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. access issue

Hi,
    Actually I've this problem, even if uninstalling and reinstalling:

MagicExceptionType: MagicException
    Severity: Fatal
    ActionToTake: The application will now close.
    ExtraDetails:
    InternalDetails: The task 'Initializing card data' failed to complete.
    in WotC.MtGO.Client.Model.Core.TaskManager.<>cDisplayClass28_0.<RaiseCompletedEvent>b0(Object <p0>) in C:\CM\workspace\releasenext\source\windows\clients\Shiny\Model\WotC.MtGO.Client.Model.Core\TaskManager.cs:riga 339
    in System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
    in System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
    in System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
    in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    in MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    in System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Could you please put a reconnect to server button in the settings screen. That way when we know the game is unresponsive we can press.

Please make a "Reconnect to Server" button in Settings... If game becomes unresponsive we can press to reconnect without having to wait and lose a turn and the game we are playing...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Laggy client since Zendikar Rising

Since the Zendikar Rising update the client has been lagging constantly, making it almost impossible to play. I am a hardcore MTGO fan and I am thinking about leaving the platform because of this.

My configuration is way above the recommended requirements and I have to restart the client BETWEEN games in order to reset the lag.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. can not play

Today I playing Modern league.
    The screen suddenly switches and does not move from this screen shot.
    I also tried uninstalling it, but it didn't work.
    I want to know how I can play mtgo again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Downloading Visual Studio crashes MTGO client

I have been playing MTGO for a long time and very frequently, so I'm quite sure it was downloading Visual Studio that caused the problem. The very next time I opened MTGO it did this. When I open the program, that verification pop up displays as I can hear the opening sound of the program. I have never got this verification pop up in the past when starting the program. Then it crashes immediately and I get the main navigation error. I have since tried playing Arena (which has also worked in the past, I just prefer MTGO) and the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. brought to debug screen on reconnect

I was in a draft game and my computer rebooted. upon relaunching Arena, it said there may be asset corruption and it needed to do a check. After the check, I was brought to a debug screen (screenshot attached).

I closed Arena and relaunched and was brought to the home screen but I had lost my game (timed out most likely)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can't start the Game, only black screens

Game is not strating properly, sometimes only blackscreen or inatiating and loading an dblackscreen then.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. MTGO crashing all the time, unable to launch the software again

The software is crashing all the time, can't stay online, automatically crashes after launching.
    I tried to reinstall MTGO but it didn't work (same problem)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I can't access my account !!!

I have an old account (lukinhaas25 # 37902) and I want to go back to playing, but when I try to login it appears that my password or sogin is incorrect, and asks to reset the password if the error persists, but when I put it to reset, the error, and send contact support, so please fix my account so I can get back to playing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. CardDataException

Hello,

I have a CardDataException when i launch MTGO. If i reinstall MTGO, i can launch the software the first time, play, exit MTGO. But when i try to launch MTGO a second time, i have this exception.

Thanks a lot

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base