MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. game crashes without window error

the game closes without explaining, you cannot have a normal game. Since the update of the M21 I can not go platinum because it closes and when I enter it resumes the game and closes again, I do not get any error window or anything. The black screen was solved, but nothing else, the game has a greater problem and they do not give it importance. I don't even dare to play a draft, let alone spend a penny on something flawed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Playing on Parallels (MAC) Virtual Machine

Lag, disconnects, and other connection based errors related to playing Magic Online using a Virtual Machine running Windows OS on a Mac.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I can't get in the game says my account is inactive but I played every day

I can't get in the game says my account is inactive but I played every day

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Desconecccion sin causa

Se cierra el juego sin causa durante una partida, no tira ningun error y luego no te deja volver a entrar ya que se vuelve a cerrar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. mtga leaves during the game

mtga leaves during the game and I can't return, when I opened the game again I enter the last game and leave again. no error message is displayed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. MainNavigation.exe Has Stopped Working

For when Mainnavigation.exe stops working.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Personal info not saving/ not possible to make purchases on the game

I cannot save my address info on the game, therefore it is not possible to purchase the account upgrade kit since everytime I click on Checkout pops up the address info

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. whole game is dissappointing

I have been playing magic the gathering since 2010 and i have invested alot of money in the game and recently i decided to play online versus actual cards try different style and i have never been so dissapointed with all the lag in the game and the unfriendly userface and how far behind the cards are tried to upload some of mine from theros and ikoria and would not upload for there is no reason i should buy cards twice for offline and online and tried to upload a mutate deck and would not accepy them and there is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Offspring's revenge bugged? (Plus report page is bug)

EDIT: Your report page is bugged and doesn't give me the option to pick the category game play report bug. See Screenshot.

I also wanted to report on the card. Offspring's revenge on a possible bug.

Opponent has offspring's Revenge with a lot of creatures in their graveyard.

Like a drakuseth dragon. I used a Elspeth nightmare to eventually empty their graveyard. The opponent is still able to access their grave yard exile to use their offspring's Revenge. Is this bugged? They didn't target any card from their graveyard. There's nothing there.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Installer not working

I've been trying to install MTGO for a while now and every time it goes through the process of downloading the files but every time at the end it says that the application validation has failed. I attached the full error details but here's the relevant part:
    Activation of http://mtgoclientdepot.onlinegaming.wizards.com/MTGO.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
    + File, Home_Image.png, has a different computed hash than specified in manifest.
    It seems like the error is happening because an image is different than what the installer expects?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Locked out/no connection to Magic Online

I have been locked out of my MO and have been unable to log in since around 23:30 on 5 June (JST).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Connection

I keep getting a login issue, it says that there is a system deployment issue and that I should contact the vendor which would be you.... What do I do?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I can't create an account

I can't create an account! Please help me!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Game crashing after connecting

So when I start MTGO, I get the normal "computer is communicating with server" then after it presumably connects, it immediately crashes after yesterday's update. The start-up sound is not heard. This is both and after I uninstalled then reinstalled MTGO.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Magic Online "Out of Date" Error Message in Client

MTGO won't allow sign on saying "out of date version. please close client and restart to downloaded latest version" which is followed and no new version has been downloaded. I've attempted uninstalling and re-installing and still run into the same error while attempting to sign in. I've tried rebooting the computer and the same issue happens.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. game crashes everytime i try to reconnect after i lose connection,and then reconect. causeing me to time out multiply time

anytime I lose connection while in a match and then reconnect the game become unresponsive and crashes and logs me out, this has cause me to lose multiply game

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Critical error on startup

Steps Performed:
    - Client restart
    - Clean uninstall reinstall

First clean uninstall/reinstall resolved issue. Error message appeared again on second launch of client

Error message received:
    Error reading XML card data. This usually means that you have a corrupted install folder or registry. Please uninstall MTGO from the add/remove programs menu, and then reinstall the application from the MTGO website.

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. cierre de el sistema

el programa se reinicia, se cierra en plena partida

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. High CPU usage

After the release of Ikoria the CPU usage is constantly on a 100% , making the game unplayable. It was totally fine with a smooth experience before Ikoria. I have two drafts I can not even complete. I can not play the game at this time

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base