MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cannot create account

I cannot create my account. I fill in my date of birth and country and it says, "This account cannot be created. Please contact Wizards Customer Support for assistance." I am over 13 and eligible as far as I can see. This is very frustrating and I would appreciate help.
    Thank you!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. game crashes without window error

the game closes without explaining, you cannot have a normal game. Since the update of the M21 I can not go platinum because it closes and when I enter it resumes the game and closes again, I do not get any error window or anything. The black screen was solved, but nothing else, the game has a greater problem and they do not give it importance. I don't even dare to play a draft, let alone spend a penny on something flawed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. game crashes without window error

the game closes without explaining, you cannot have a normal game. Since the update of the M21 I can not go platinum because it closes and when I enter it resumes the game and closes again, I do not get any error window or anything. The black screen was solved, but nothing else, the game has a greater problem and they do not give it importance. I don't even dare to play a draft, let alone spend a penny on something flawed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. mtga leaves during the game

mtga leaves during the game and I can't return, when I opened the game again I enter the last game and leave again. no error message is displayed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Installer not working

I've been trying to install MTGO for a while now and every time it goes through the process of downloading the files but every time at the end it says that the application validation has failed. I attached the full error details but here's the relevant part:
    Activation of http://mtgoclientdepot.onlinegaming.wizards.com/MTGO.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
    + File, Home_Image.png, has a different computed hash than specified in manifest.
    It seems like the error is happening because an image is different than what the installer expects?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. crash

Mtgo in game #803954306 crashed and i need to restart the program.
    One i've restarded it opens with a white board and couldn't let me join the league

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. email activation

Hello, I created a new account but I do not receive the activation email. I have checked spam. How do I request a new shipment?
    cordially

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Unable to log in

Tried logging in today, but it just spins

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. MTGO Shuffler

This shuffler is the worst I have ever seen. I have played paper magic for 20 years and your shuffler is NOT RANDOM.

This shuffler is severely skewed to group 3 or 4 copies of the same card. This happens on a daily basis sometimes several times a day.

Your land fetches often do not shuffle the deck! As the same card will be drawn from the top again! WOW! Not Random!

Your lands also come in 3 or 4 copies at a time! Every day I get 1 land in 13-15 cards! EVERY DAY! What are the odds? This…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I cannot log in to my account

I cannot log in to my account. I tried the "Forgot my Password" option and gave the correct information but it still gave my the error message and asked me to contact customer support.

Granted, I haven't used this account in several years, but I'd like to get back into the game.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I can't log into Magic the Gathering Online

I have tired logging into my Magic The Gathering Online Account and I can in browser but not in game. It's happened many times, I have verified my account and I've tired using my email and display name both and my password but nothing is working.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Can't reset password

I can't reset my password because mtgo and mtga share the same email. Since they both use wizards support it changes the password for arena.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. server disconnect

I got into a draft with others and by pick 5 i kept getting "disconnected from the server" pop ups. tried logging out and in but that didnt resolve anything so the game picked the cards for me i guess. Now i cant log in back to the game.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Servers Down again

So...have you noticed your servers are down again? despite the fact it says they're up on your status webpage...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Loggin in

Sono connesso con l'accout sul sito Wizards, ma il gioco Magic non mi fa connettere usando gli stessi dati ( ho cambiato PSW 2 volte per provare, e il risultato è sempre lo stess)
    Sono iscritto almeno da 6 mesi e questo tipo di problema non mi era mai capitato

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. My account is no longer active

I tried to log in mtgo and a message appear saying my account is no longer active, i did not recive any email or anything to.
    What went wrong?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Critical Error after latest update

I am getting a critical error on 6/20/2021 after the latest mtgo update. I am able to log in and then when the game tries to load the home page, it crashes. The first time, my entire computer shut down. Now just MTGO crashes.

The site won't let me upload the jpeg or png?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. After latest update can't start the game

After the latest update of the game I've been playing on my S-10 with no problems thus far I try to start the game thru the app on my phone. Makes it thru all the "checks" and then it crashes on "Loading Initial Scene". I've had zero problems up to this point. Some help on this would be nice, thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base