MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Toxrill + Dollhouse of Horrors Bug

I brought back a Toxrill with Dollhouse of Horrors while opponent's creatures still had ***** counters on them and yet they didn't receive -1/-1 for each of them, nor did they when additional ***** counters were put on them; however, they did still trigger the creation of slug tokens when they died.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Disconnection/Dropped

Play Lobby Disconnection/Dropped

353 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Client Crash/Unresponsive

When there is either an error message, or the client is unresponsive, and you must force close the client.

355 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Replaying entire match Loop

The game kept reseting and replaying the entire game up until the point of the bug.

284 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Promoted to Mythic during AFR Premier Draft, am now Tier 0 beginner and wins are being ignored

As described in the title. Rank got bugged and now I end up in somewhat appropriate matchups (diamond opponents in constructed and limited - should be diamond 4 constructed, mythic limited ATM), but there aren't any results. I won the 4th game of the draft I encountered the bug in, and I'm still 3-0 according to the event page.

Uploads show the promotion during game 3, my profile afterward, and the following game 4 of the draft (which I won and the result was ignored).

My account is effectively unusable right now... was hoping to grind over this long weekend…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Auto skip

If I take more than five seconds to do an action in my main phase it will skip to the end of the turn.

167 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. MTGO memory leak

PLEASE fix this. MTGO have some problem with memory leaking, me and a lot of players complain about this issue. We can't play more than 3 matches, because the game goes slower and slower, and we need to restart MTGO. This already makes me lose a lot of leagues, and have a lot of money loss. My computer is able to process a lot of heavy games very very well, but this keeps happening to MTGO. Send at least an answer if this is an issue that you are investigating. Thanks.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Color Challenge V - Waiting for the Server... forever

Ever since the last update a couple of days ago, I can't do stage V of any of the color challenges (the ones I haven't done are red, green, and black). Instead, the screen says "Waiting for the server forever".

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Match results are incorrect

My wins in the Sealed League are not accurately reflected in the client. My match one win is displaying as a loss (while my game wins do display). My match two record is very incorrect (match loss shown with a game record of 1-0-2 , which didn't happen).

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 2hg, 3hg, FFA and Emp

I want to play Legacy because those are the cards I have. Now legacy is mostly 0 cards (which I have) and storm. That sucks.

Why can't I have 2 head giant and 3 head giant and EMP back? MTGO was packed with players. Now it is just a bunch of Commander players. I just want to play casual and have a good time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. black screen on some accounts for macos and IOS

Since the last update, and while it worked very well, as soon as I connect to my account whether on macos or IOS ipad and iphone, I have a black screen and impossible to do anything.
    I tried to recreate an account and connect to it, on ipad and iphone it works and the new account can play without problem, but on macos, it always displays a black screen

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Florian Trigger causes hand to shuffle back into deck

The Florian legendary creature from Innistrad: Midnight Hunt causes a strange interaction with burgeoning and potentially Cursed Totem. The player with Burgeoning, myself, had their hand shuffled back into their library. I have a png imagine of this that I cannot open with this form, but it was match #242900026 in the Commander open play lobby. It happened after Florian, Voldaren Scion had its trigger placed on the stack.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. game reset

I won game 1, lost game 2, game 3 my opponent was at 3 HP and had only 2 cards in hand. He cycled a Raugrin Triome and it COMPLETELY reset game 3 and we are currently starting over from the beginning... I have no idea how this happens. Attaching screenshot with match information. League #5802, Match #239096059, Game #759753156. Unsure if the game % reset on the game reset.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Karn, Liberated in Commander does not reset Commander Damage

Match # 241994750 - Game # 771342340
    I restarted the game using Karn, Liberated's ultimate ability. Everything worked and the game restarted except that the commander damage totals for all players was not reset. According to the rulings on Gatherer they should be reset as it is a "new game"

Additionally the Commander Tax did not reset, and this is explicitly stated in the Gatherer that it is supposed to reset this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Blood Moon is bugged with abundant growth.

I'm playing a deck with both, and blood moon shuts down my abundant growth which makes my deck really hard to play. Please fix it :)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Brawl doesn’t allow selection of legal decks in direct challenge

In a direct challenge with a friend. It doesn’t allow selection of legal brawl decks. Now one day of it is understandable but as a paying client I feel like this is theft of gameplay time. I feel you should give something to make up for you failure of product support.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Lukka, Coppercoat Outcast

When activating Lukka´s -2 ability it gives a creature with same or higher mana value and not only higher. I am playing a combo deck what wants to play a quickly Emrakul and when I acctivated Lukkas second hability it gives a creature with same mana value not only higher.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Waiting Screen for Matches does not show all waiting matches

The new lobby is killing MTGO playership. For example, people waiting to play Legacy games do not see Modern games waiting to fire unless they click over to the Modern games tab. Not being able to see all games waiting is killing MTGO. I assume this is on purpose to boost Arena playership. Same thing with the chat not opening when the program opens. This kills playership and the community.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base