MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Wall of Roots cannot be activated during mana payment steps, only at instant speed.

Wall of Roots cannot be activated during mana payment steps, only at instant speed.

Have Wall of Roots, Raging Goblin, and Giant Growth in hand

Cast Wall of Roots and Raging Goblin

Go to combat and attack with Raging Gobin

Left-click Giant Growth and select the Cast action

Actual: Cannot activate Wall of Roots to pay for Giant Growth
    Expected: Can activate Wall of Roots ability to put a -0/-1 counter on it to pay for Giant Growth

Notes: You can use Wall of Roots to add mana to your mana pool before trying to cast a spell to mitigate…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Open  ·  2 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Death triggered abilities trigger when Hushbringer dies

Abilities that trigger upon a creature dying trigger when Hushbringer dies.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Wish for and play Hushbringer, Nightmare Shepherd.
    2. Destroy Hushbringer.

Actual results:
    Nightmare Shepherd's ability triggers.

Expected results:
    Abilities do not trigger when Hushbringer dies.

Notes:
    Abilities also trigger for creatures that die at the same time as Hushbringer, such as Garrison Cat dying with Hushbringer.
    According to the ruling for Hushbringer: "A creature entering the battlefield or dying at the same time as Hushbringer (including Hushbringer itself entering or dying) won’t cause abilities to trigger."
    This issue does not occur when Hushbringer enters the…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  2 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Calix interaction with Elspeth Conquer's death

Play Calix.
    Play Elspeth Conquers death, exile something( Example Nissa)
    Have Calix -3 an enchantment or creature and target Elspeth Conquers death.
    When Elspeth Conquers Death leaves the field the card Elspeth Conquers death exiled that was cmc 3 or more will return to the battlefield along with the enchantment or creature from Calix's -3.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Casting Fire Covenant and Bond of Agony for X=0 causes a GSR

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Begin casting Fire Covenant, choosing not to select any target.
    2. Pay the mana cost of Fire Covenant.

Actual Result:
    The game appears to hang, the prompt box prompts the user to pay one extra mana (whichever color was the last mana paid for Fire Covenant's mana cost). Performing any actions other than casting Fire Covenant again will result in a Game Server Reset. Casting Fire Covenant again will prompt the user to select any number of targets again.

Expected Result:
    Fire Covenant is cast and goes to the graveyard. The user loses no life.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. simic Ascendacy triggers even if no counters actaully were put on creature

simic ascendancy on field with protean hydra, protean hydra dies.. but at end step the trigger of it "getting counters" still puts counters on simic even though hydra was dead so no counters were actually given to it so simic should not trigger

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Crovax the Cursed reduced to 1/1

Sac a creature to Crovax the Cursed and he becomes a 1/1 instead of a 5/5

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  3 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Finale of Devastation/Aven Mindcensor

Finale of Devastation can search the entire library when an opponent's Aven Mindcensor is in play. When it does, it only shows legal targets to find, no lands or spells.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ichthyomorphosis doesn't remove all abilities

I enchant my opponent's creature with Ichthyomorphosis, which removes all abilities. That creature was previously enchanted with my opponent's Staggering Insight. However, it still has the "Whenever this creature ..., draw a card" ability.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Mogg Assassin does not let more than one player select a target

Mogg Assassin lets your opponent select a target but not you. Winning the flip has no result, losing the flip results in your creature being destroyed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Calculating Lich causes loss of life

When I atacked with a lot of creature of mine, with calculating lich in my table, I was getting life loss instead of my opponent.
    I was supposed to win, but I lost cause of the bug, and I had already won first game...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Making Changes to a Deck Isn't Reflected in Play Lobby

PLayers report that if they join an event with one version of a deck, drop from it, make changes to that deck, then re-join the event, the game incorrectly uses the older version of the deck.

We don't yet have confirmation whether players are stopping to check changes are reflected in the Play Lobby before re-joining. We also don't know if players are only changing the sideboard, or changing both side and main, or just main. Usually players report not changing the name of their deck prior to re-joining.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  2 comments  ·  Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 154 155 156 158 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base