MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Collected Company not allowing targeting of creatures of mana cost 3 or less

I casted Collected Company, and one of my 6 cards is "Klothys, God of Destiny," but it wasn't selectable as one of the creatures with converted mana cost 3 or less. According to the rules:

"The type-changing ability that can make a God not be a creature functions only on the battlefield. It’s always a creature card in other zones, regardless of your devotion to its color. It’s always a creature spell while it’s on the stack."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unable to Trade

I was hacked and had several cards stolen. I've obviously changed my password but have since been unable to Trade.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. witness the future doesn't work

had 3 wreched throng on my deck
    Casted "witness the future" targetting 2 wreched throng and another card
    then I exploited the one that was on the battlefield but I couldn't find the 2 I had re-shuffle into my deck, or even on the exile zone. They disapeared.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. consuming tide doesn't work

Cast Consuming Tide with a (blood) token in play. Permanents are chosen and then the rest return to hand. I failed to draw a card even though my opponent had more cards in hand than me. I believe this was maybe because the blood token was counted as card in hand when the card resolved?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. worldpurge

Worldpurge with return everything, then not resolve and just sit there waiting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. login fail

Repeatedly tried to login to MTG Arena, gets to the loading of the localization data then I get dumped back to the original login screen and having to reinput the password. Have reset the password and the same thing happens. It was working fine yesterday, autologin was working (21 November), now it doesn't. Anybody have any idea what's happening ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. This issue is very severe, the bug is that us MTG users cannot scan our real life decks. nd insert them in the game.

Ok big thing here, I'm not going to play the electronic game at all. Reason being I can't use my tribal minotaur deck that I have in person not online. So say there was a way to scan personally decks to upload them into the game. 1, the game would be that much better. 2, I'm positive that you'll have more people downloading the app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Containment Priest

The creatures that were exiled along with the Containment Priest by Yorion, Sky Nomad effect were exiled when they returned on the end step.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Cant log in

When I try to log in on my Android I keep getting an error msg that I have lost connection with the server. I cleared my browsing cache and data and restarted my Andoid device.. I still get this message. Can you provide any advice? Please send response to photorob52@gmail.com. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Problem

I can't connect for hours. I already uninstalled and installed the game but I can't conceive it always has the same error when trying to connect. Can someone help me

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Problem connecting

I can't connect for hours. I already uninstalled and installed the game but I can't conceive it always has the same error when trying to connect. Can someone help me

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Problem connecting

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Login problems

Cannot log in always connection lost even tho, all servers are up. Tried reinstal,PC and phone. Another internet connection all fails.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Connection Lost

"You have lost your connection to the server."

On my iphone mid game in a draft my game dropped and I got a Connection Lost error. I tried restarting my game, my device, checked for updates, tried a different network connection, used wifi and celluar, relogged on multiple times, and nothing helped. I then jumped on my PC and tried the same thing and the issue was on my PC as well. All the servers are listed as online on MTG arena status. Please assist me in getting this fixed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Conspicuous Snoop

Conspicuous Snoop has all activated abilities of all cards on top of the library

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. MEMORY'S JOURNEY DOESN'T SHUFFLE ANYTHING

The card Memory's Journey (Innistrad) Does not shuffle anything into library. Cards dissappear. Please fix this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Outland liberator

Outland Liberator reset game

Played outland liberator off cavern of souls and it reset the game.

league ID: #6277

match: # 244277598

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Heron of Hope copy created with Dollhouse of Horrors does not increase lifegain

Have a Heron of Hope in your graveyard. Have a Dollhouse of Horrors in play.

Activate Dollhouse of Horrors, exiling Heron of Hope and creating a copy of it.

Gain life by any means.

You will gain one less life than you should. The ability of Heron of Hope copy "If you would gain life, you gain that much life plus 1 instead." does not do anything.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. (BUG) Winter Orb & Storage Matrix Cause Game Crash / Error

It appears Orb effects like Winter Orb when paired with Storage Matrix (or multiple Storage Matrix) cause an error that won't let you untap anything and resets the game or causes a win by timeout

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base