MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Markov Purifier doesn't work

hello on the end step trigger the ablity of markov purifier but my oponent dont win life because i block that creature but receive a removal and markov purifier ddotn have trample

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Toxrill + Dollhouse of Horrors Bug

I brought back a Toxrill with Dollhouse of Horrors while opponent's creatures still had ***** counters on them and yet they didn't receive -1/-1 for each of them, nor did they when additional ***** counters were put on them; however, they did still trigger the creation of slug tokens when they died.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. greater gargadon can't cast

when greater gargadon is suspended,gargadon can reduce time counter by sacrifice.And normally,time counter get 0,gargadon can cast.
    but actually,gargadon can't cast.The window for cast don't appeared.I think its bug.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Abrade vs. Cradle of Safety causes crash

I was casting Abrade on a flying 2/3 of my opponent. Opponent answered with Cradle of Safety on the creature. That resolved, but when Abrade was going to resolve, my game got an error which forced me to restart the game. Upon relaunching the game (several times) I still get the same error, so I am unable to re-enter the game and will not concede due to my time running out.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ordering cards no longer works with undo

I'm describing what I have experienced with specifically recross the paths, but I believe it impacts other cards as well, mostly scry. However it does not impact augur of bolas.

If you can order a set of cards, undo no longer undoes the last card placed in that order.

I know it happened sometime during the point where recross was broken, but I don't know when it happened for other cards with similar issues

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Gisa, Glorious Resurrector

Gisa returned all creatures from exile on the upkeep instead of the ones she exiled, it ended the game right there.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Account is no longer active after making purchase

After making a purchase on my account, I was kicked out.

When trying to login, I receive a message that states my account is no longer active and that I should contact customer support.

The online chat support has shown as offline for a couple of days and it seems nobody has viewed my support request.

what's the way forward if I cant get a hold of anyone?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Problème counterspell

Bonjour,
    Pourquoi mes counterspell comme « Déclencher La machine » (carte bleue 3 mana) n’envoie pas la créature de l’adversaire au cimetière (par exemple ça n’a rien fait contre la créature licorne céleste (créature blanche)). J’ai eu le même problème avec d’autres contresort comme syncope)
    Merci de votre retour.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. i was playing and become an Error Game id ; 77986854 Match id: 244151522

i was playing and become an Error Game id ; 77986854 Match id: 244151522

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Dollhouse of Horrors + Weaver of Blossoms (double-sided cards) copy token did not have haste

I used dollhouse to make a token copy of weaver of blossoms (which is double-sided with Blossom-Clad Werewolf on the reverse side) and it did not have haste. Single sided cards did have haste as expected.

Reproduction Steps:
    Use Dollhouse of horrors to make a token copy of a double faced card. The token does not have haste.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Jacob Hauken, Inspector undo ability causes game to freeze/become unable to progress

Activate Jacob Hauken's ability, exile card, then game ask you if you want to pay 4uu to transform the card. Then I pressed undo because clicked on wrong card. After that the yes or no buttons have disappeared and i could not do nothing. Please return my expenses.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Grolnok, the Omnivore crashes game after attacking then exiling

I attacked my opponent with Grolnok, and the game crashed after exiling the cards with counters. I restarted MTGO and got the same error window with none of the game info displaying and ended up conceding due to inactivity since I couldn't do anything.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. tickets missing

I had two event tickets in my trading binder. then I sold a card, grolnok for 4.03tix. I took 4 tickets from the MTGOTRADERSBUYINGBOT and when the the deal was through I only had 4 tickets total instead of 6. what am I suppose to do now? then I was not able to login at wizard of the coast with my mtgo email. when I tried to change the password, becasue I thought that was the problem, I did not recieve an email to do so. now I m logged in with my mtg arena account to write this message.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Auto Yield Did not Turn Off

During the Modern Challenge, the client started auto yielding through all my turns, this cost me the match. I was not pressing on my keyboard and I tried turning off Auto Yield but nothing worked. Eventually I pressed the 1 key and it pressed a bunch of 1's in the chat and stopped. As I said this definitely cost me the match.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Grolnok the Frog!!

There is an issue w Grolnok. When his ability to exile permanents from library triggers when he attacks, instead of exiling these permanents w croak counters…the game shuts down

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Faithbound Judge crashes the game

Any time Faithbound Judge or Sinner's Judgment triggers, the game gives an error message and crashes. This immediately makes it impossible to continue playing the match, and seems to consistently occur every time the trigger resolves.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Grolnok, the Omnivore doesn't work

During my final match of the final, I milled 3 cards with the frog, and while exiling them MODO gave me this error attached. Since the game is at that point, when I re-connect, it continued to give the same error and closed again and again.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. patchwork crawler can't use abilities of cards that were exiled

hello, the patchwork crawler from the new set doesnt work. He cant use the abilities of the cards he exilded

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. MTGO Crashing on using Wedding Announcement

Cast Wedding announcement in MTGO sealed and mtgo immediately crashed. It crashed 2 more times on reopening. The weird thing is it clearly crashed my opponents client as well, because they ended up timing out and gave me the win.

Spoke to some other players and it happened to another player with wedding announcement as well. Note I successfully used the card before so I'm not sure exactly what caused it, but it was played turn 3 this time.

236 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Howlpack Piper puts multiple Werewolves into play

When activating Howlpack Piper to put a Werewolf from hand into play, after the ability resolves, the ability is still shown to be on the stack.
    Priority is given as if the stack was empty.
    Any game action causes the ability to disappear from the stack and the Piper to untap.
    When simply pressing 'OK', however, the game prompts me to put another creature into play.
    I have found that this only occurs with Werewolves, not Wolves.
    Using this, it is possible to put any number of Werewolves from hand into play.
    Testing was done in a 1-player game, so…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base