MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unable to join queue

Keep getting the "unable to join queue due to current match pending" message in a commander legends draft. It's been happening for an hour now

217 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

55 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. game restarted and made us discard tell i was out of cards and lost.

we was in game 3 when in middle of game it froze and restarted us both gave us 8 cards and told us to discard tell we decked our self now i'm starting a league as 0-1.
    league# 5392
    Game# 743970254
    Match# 235151301

Game 3

204 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 11/18 Update or Install Error

11/18 Update or Install Error after Downtime

200 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Auto skip

If I take more than five seconds to do an action in my main phase it will skip to the end of the turn.

167 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. cards don't work

On MTGO online, there are cards that are not working in standard. Narset's Reversal, Lutri the Spellchaser, and Expansion. I play an instant or sorcery but it's not letting me copy the spell. It only let's me copy if an ability triggers first then i can add it to the stack. But it should let me copy it right after I cast the spell. Please fix these issues as these cards are worth playing in tournament. I've tested it time and time again. Please respond back when you have time.

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Game replays and starts a new match

The game replayed itself then started match again with new hands. Also there was no priority neither for me or my opponent.

124 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Academic Dispute

Cast Academic Dispute. It makes the creature have to block. Then it asks if you want to "use the ability." So I hit no, assuming it was asking about reach, because not a single other Learn card has asked me that question. Then it didn't let me Learn, and it also didn't prompt me about giving reach. So I assume, if I hit "yes" that it would either give reach and let me learn together as one option, or simply never have the option of giving reach.

120 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  5 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Faerie Miscreant Drawing Card without a second miscreant on field

When I played a faerie miscreant it's trigger activated and I drew a card even with it being the only card named Faerie Miscreant on the field.

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. First Response not triggereing

First Response, the reprint in Commander Legends was not triggering. I was playing Liesa as my commander. I lost life each of my turns after casting First Response without it triggering once during my or any other upkeeps.

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  6 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Unable to Sideboard in multiple Limited Games.

I've had multiple Cube Events where the Sideboarding into Game 2 is just skipped altogether. Game 1 ends, and immediately before any action is taken, both players are thrown into Game 2.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  21 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Distant Memories

When my opponent cast distant memories on me it gave me no option whether to put the card in their hand forcing me to concede to end the game without fully conceding the match.

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  4 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Deathtouch creatures destroys Indestructible creatures

watch replay. Turn 8 of opponent, my skyclave sentinel was given indistructible with oblivion's hunger and blocked his deathtouch enabled expedition skulker, but it still died at the end of the turn. Not only did this bug cost me the game, but unfortunately also my 8th competitive trophy to unlock the ZNR mythic avatar.

Unsure if avatar can be released to me via back end, but if not, requesting full reimbursement for the entry fee. will not accept game reset as draft queue ends in 12ish hours from now and I will not be able to play another game

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Icehide Troll dies at end of turn to nothing

hey, i just played my game 3 vs matti. i attacked with icehide troll, he blocked, i activated the ability to make it indestructible. Then used my fightspell to kill my opponents creature and passed the turn. End of turn my troll randomly died to nothing.
    Even opponent didnt see a reason for that.

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Commander Legends game replays itself and restarts

About 1 hour into my first commander legends draft game and after confiscate is played on Merchant Raiders, the game restarts and replays itself very quickly until completion, then restarts again. No game actions can be taken and chat does not work. After two full replays, the game fully restarts to a new random game, but my opponents have already left.

Update: after waiting for another 7-8 minutes or so, the game declared itself a draw and we were not given the chance to award votes. The match summary displays us each as having -1 votes

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Critical error on startup

Steps Performed:
    - Client restart
    - Clean uninstall reinstall

First clean uninstall/reinstall resolved issue. Error message appeared again on second launch of client

Error message received:
    Error reading XML card data. This usually means that you have a corrupted install folder or registry. Please uninstall MTGO from the add/remove programs menu, and then reinstall the application from the MTGO website.

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Doomsday soft locks game

1. I played Doomsday.
    2. Resolved Doomsday and chose 5 cards from my library and graveyard.
    3. Opened Temporary Zone Window, i executed Undo.
    4. Magic Online rolled back and couldn't progress the game.
    73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Manamorphose automatically chooses color of mana instead of player

I cast a manamorphose for double red, cast the second pay it with the 2 manas of the first manamorphose and automatically add other 2 red mana without the possibility to choose the color (I would add red and black)

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Morbid Opportunist not triggering when creature dies for first time that turn

A creature died and I didn't get the trigger off of Morbid Opportunist.

Note ability:
    Whenever one or more other creatures die, draw a card. This ability triggers only once each turn.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Client Crash/Unresponsive in Duel Scene

I was playing and Magic Online suddenly crashed and I pressed the buttons in an attempt to get back. It turns out that the game recorded what I pressed and still crashed. When I came back to the game, after reopening Magic Online, he understood that I "pressed" the buttons even with him frozen and that cost me the game.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Katilda, Dawnhart Prime ability not tapping human creatures for mana

Katilda's ability is not working correctly. instead of allowing you to tap humans for mana it is instead acting as if it adds flavor text. I have had multiple turns where I could have done many things on my turn (Including using the other ability) but instead it is just flavor text that does not work

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base