MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Merfolk Trickster does not remove "lord" effects

Merfolk Trickster is not removing "lord" effects from other creatures when the lord is targeted by its ETB ability. This has happened to me twice, with two different lords.

1. Opponent has Kaheera, the Orphanguard and attacks with several 1/1 cat tokens that are 2/2 and have vigilance because of Kaheera's effect. In declare attackers, I cast Merfolk Trickster and target Kaheera. It becomes tapped and loses abilities. But the cat tokens are still 2/2 and I can't make a good block.

2. Opponent has several rats and Piper of the Swarm, which gives rats menace. In declare attackers, I cast Merfolk…

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Wizards of the Coast
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Locked out/no connection to Magic Online

I have been locked out of my MO and have been unable to log in since around 23:30 on 5 June (JST).

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. sages of the anima locks draw step

Sages of the Anima reads that noncreature cards in the top three go to the bottom of my library, but MTGO only gives me the option to keep them on top, so every draw step I eventually am just seeing the same three cards (and not drawing them!)

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ozolith not Triggering

i encountered a bug with the interaction between the cards Wheel of Sun and Moon and The Ozolith. The ozolith didn't trigger on creatures with counters on them leaving the battlefield with wheel in play as it should ("leaves the battlefield" trigger).

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Buried Alive does not allow you to selet the graveyard order

When Buried Alive is resolved, it does not allow you to select the order of cards placed in your graveyard. As the card does not specify this one way or the other, according to:

404.3. If an effect or rule puts two or more cards into the same graveyard at the same time, the owner of those cards may arrange them in any order.

This affects the interaction of Buried Alive and Corpse Dance in Vintage Cube.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Prismatic Strands automatically chooses the color of mana instead of the user

The problem occurs when you click to use the card Prismatic Strands without have the mana in the pool, and then you add the mana with a bounceland and click on the symbol of mana to pay the cost (I'm not sure if the problem it's just with the mana generated by bouncelands). Then the game automatically choses the colour of the last mana clicked as the choice of colour for the Prismatic Strands hability. On the attachments that occured with the black colour, it was not a miss click, the colours to choose come to appear but then disappear…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Skipped through my turn because I used "Yield Until Next End Step" in a different game

When playing the 3 MOCS events today, I encountered this bug two times:
    When playing two matches at the same time, I used "Yield Until here" in one game, and skipped until that point in another game. However, the first time it happened, I won the affected (Standard) match.
    Later, the same thing happened again when I misclicked on the "Yield Until Next End Step" option in the Standard Showcase Qualifier, MTGO skipped my first turn in the Modern Showcase, and caused me to lose the Modern game&match.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  2 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Pack Leader

Pack Leader's stated ability during combat does not apply, allowing Pack Leader to take damage.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Game keeps crashing

After todays update the game crashes after a few seconds in a match.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Decks and Binders disappear

Today I logged in after a week (same pc and same location) and all my decks and binders were gone. Anybody else had this nightmare occur to them? Is there a fix, can decks be restored? I had dozens of them :(

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Emergent ultimatum does not let you cast spells

I played emergent ultimatum and nothing happened

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Soul-Scar Mage is bugged

I cast lava dart onto arcbound worker as a control a soul scar mage. When it dies it has no counters on it but it did trigger its modular ability still

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Dega Sanctuary does not gain a player 4 life instead of 2, even if you control the right color permanents

Dega Sanctuary does not gain a player 4 life instead of 2, even if you control the right color permanents

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. "Application cannot be started" error whenever I download an update

Whenever I open the exe, and there is an update, after install, it can never open MTGO. I have to uninstall all of MTGO and reinstall. Please fix this! It has been going on for at least a year. Look at attached error file.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bug Zirda

I wanted to tap Cavern Whisperer but my Zirda targeted itself.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Gyruda, Doom of Depths doesn't return a legal target from the graveyard

Bug prevented Gyurda, Doom of Depths from returning a legal target from the graveyard, leading to a significant game disadvantage.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Phantasmal Image off Show and Tell

My opponent played Show and Tell, they put in Emrakul, I put in Phantasmal Image. I wanted to copy my Venser to bounce Emrakul but I couldn't choose any creature with my Phantasmal image. They were all highlighted(other than Emrakul which is an illegal target) by clicking did nothing.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Tempt With Discovery does not work right

Tempt With Discovery, and the Other Tempt cards from the cycle do not work properly. I believe the bug occurs off of whatever the last person decides to do before the caster.

Reproduction Steps:
    1. Start a multiplayer game of commander
    2. Cast a tempt with discovery (or other tempt card)
    3. Have the first 2 opponents choose Yes to the tempt.
    4. Have the 3rd opponent choose no to the tempt.

current results: Tempt with discovery's caster will not get to search 2 additional lands.
    expected results: tempt with discovery's caster should be able to search for 2 additional…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. While Tabernacle of Pendrell Vale is in play, permanent turned into Elk by Oko don't pay 1 extra during their upkeep or destroy the creature

Permanents turned into elk by Oko after a Tabernacle of Pendrell Vale is in play do not actually gain "Pay 1 during your upkeep or destroy this creature."

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  2 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Wall of Roots cannot be activated during mana payment steps, only at instant speed.

Wall of Roots cannot be activated during mana payment steps, only at instant speed.

Have Wall of Roots, Raging Goblin, and Giant Growth in hand

Cast Wall of Roots and Raging Goblin

Go to combat and attack with Raging Gobin

Left-click Giant Growth and select the Cast action

Actual: Cannot activate Wall of Roots to pay for Giant Growth
    Expected: Can activate Wall of Roots ability to put a -0/-1 counter on it to pay for Giant Growth

Notes: You can use Wall of Roots to add mana to your mana pool before trying to cast a spell to mitigate…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base