MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Soulflayer

Soulflayer Hexproof from [quality] is not working.
    If you cast the cost of Knight of Malice hexproof from white on the cost, you should get hexproof from white.
    But there is no such keyword.
    This is the same for other cards.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Wizards of the Coast
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. sideboard

Hi,

I cannot sideboard between games. After i press submit i get to the vs screen and then it waits for the clock to tick down to full time. Just before the screen changes from sideboard to the waiting screen the sideboard "changes back". Just a quick flash. This i sooooooo anoying. Have been trying to climb the ladder but without beeing able to sideboard im at a slight disadvantage... On the pic you see the mistcallers i boarded out for game 2...

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Connection

I keep getting a login issue, it says that there is a system deployment issue and that I should contact the vendor which would be you.... What do I do?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Lotus Field can't be targeted by owner spells

Lotus Field can't be targeted by spells like Twiddle, Dream's Grip and Psychic Puppetry (neither with splice onto arcane) casted by the OWNER. Now I have an entire legal modern deck that became useless. Please, fix it rapidly.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Game Crashes and Replay Begins When with Many Triggers on the Stack from a Wheel

This issue has occurred multiple times with various cards:

Nekusar the Mindrazer
    The Locust God
    Xyris, the Writhing Storm

On multiple occasions, placing multiple triggers onto the stack from a wheel effect such as Megirm, Lilliana's Caress, Waste Not, etc or the afformentioned creatures, the game client crashes and a replay of the game begins.

Most recently it was a crash from Xyris and Purphoros on the field, followed by a Time Reversal. This led to my opponents drawing 7 cards and 21 snake tokens being generated, with Purphoros triggering after ever snake ETBs. The game crashed after about 12…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ozolith and Terminus

Ozolith does not trigger when Terminus is played (at least from miracle).

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Crucible of Worlds - Opponent access to my Graveyard

Opponent played my strip mine out of my graveyard whilst we both had crucible of worlds in play (screenshot is from start of turn after it occurred).

Game was Game 3 of Event #230018003. Was my fourth round of league.

Edit: Crucible of Worlds text 'You may play lands from your graveyard' so he should not have been able to play my land.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Undo companion bug

During one of my matches after losing a game i accidentally chose that i didn't want to go first. So i tried to undo it when choosing companions the action as a result neither player got their companion, i went first, and my opponent skipped his draw step.

Steps
    1. Lose game 1
    2. hit no
    3. undo
    4. hit yes
    5. actual: losing player goes first, opponent does not get card, and neither gets to choose a companion
    6. expected: players get to choose companions and opponent does not skip the draw step

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Volrath's Shapeshifter causes a game reset

I activated a Volrath's Shapeshifter and went to click the Hellkite Overlord in my hand. The game stalled, and rebuilt twice before stopping at Turn 1 with our original hands. At that point, the game forced us to yield about five turns each, including discarding to hand size.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  2 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Soul Scar Mage and Hangarback Walker

I cast bolt on hangarback walker while controlling a soul scar mage. A token was created but there should not be any.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Laquatus's Creativity doesn't discard

My opponent cast Laquatus's Creativity, they drew 3 and didn't have to discard anything.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Replaying entire match Loop

The game kept reseting and replaying the entire game up until the point of the bug.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Breaching Leviathan

The card Breaching Leviathan does not work properly on MTGO. I have cast it twice now and both times it has not worked as written.

1. Cast Breaching Leviathan

2. All nonblue creatures become tapped and DO NOT untap during their next untap step.

3. Actual: Nonblue creatures tapped with Breaching Leviathan DO untap during their next untap step.

4. Expected: Nonblue creatures tapped with Breaching Leviathan DO NOT untap during their next untap step.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Phantasmal Mage causes Game Restart

Game restarted after I cast Phantasmal image, then Game 2 neither me or my opp were able to do anything, the program auto drew and auto passed for us with no ability to make any moves.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Heartless Act can target creatures even with counters

My opponent was able to target and destroy my dreamtail heron that had been mutated on to a boot nipper with a lifelink counter.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Unable to Reveal Zirda, the Dawnwaker as Companion

Overview: I never had an opportunity to reveal my companion, even though the deck I submitted fit the criteria for Zirda.

Steps to Repro:
    - Load a deck that fits the criteria
    - Start a match
    Current Behavior:
    - Zirda never has the opportunity to be revealed
    Expected Behavior:
    - Zirda is revealed and I start with a companion in exile

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. i have problem error unity 2018.3.12f1_8afd630d1f5b

After starting the session and entering a game, starting, mid-game or at the end I get an error and automatically closes the game, preventing me from winning the ranked, as a result of the game closing I lose the game

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Swallow Whole

Swallow Whole is not working.

In the game, it came back to my turn, so everything is untapped and I have creatures. I went to cast Swallow Whole and it wouldn't do anything. I had the mana and the creature for the additional cast, but it was like clicking on empty space. No acknowledgement of even trying to cast a spell, like pay W or pick target.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. While under Yield All:Diable Bluffing (F8/8), Tapping Last Land for Mana Auto-Resolves Opponent's Mystical Dispute

Also seen with Lookout's Dispersal and similar spells with conditional cost reductions and counter-unless-you-pay-X

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Mindbreak Trap will not let you target spells on the stack

It seems like Mindbreak Trap is bugged. Twice I attempted to cast it and target opponent's spells on the stack, but no matter how many times I clicked on the spells, nothing happened. Note, sometimes Mindbreak trap does allow targeting and I am not sure if there is a pattern. I saw this problem though 50% of the times I tried to cast it.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base