MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Millikin causes lock while casting a spell

Activating Millikin while casting a spell will cause one to be locked into casting that spell. If There are not enough lands untapped to finish casting the spell one will time out because there is no way to stop casting the spell once Millikin is tapped.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Game restarted and self-played

3 pod in Commander Open Play

I play Golos superfriends, against Sisay Legendary, against Meren. It started to get buggy mid-game when the Monarch was introduced (which messed up the card alignment).

My board became insane with multiple walkers, enchantments, and creatures. There were about 60 permanents on my field including emblems, then I ultimate'd Sorin, Grim Nemesis, after Primeval's Glorious Rebirth, multiple instances of Ajani, the Greathearted proliferating as well as Nicol-Bolas, Dragon-God proliferating too using that same effect. Sorin's ulti would have created about 60 vampire tokens.

The game then stalled, then restarted, and began to replay the…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  3 comments  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Prismari Command issue

Opponent casts Prismari command choosing the 2 modes of deal 2 to any target, and target player draws 2 cards then discards 2. Opponent targeted me with the deal 2 damage, and himself with the draw 2 discard 2. I took 2 damage, opponent drew 2 cards, but I was forced to discard two cards.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Athreos, Shroud-Veiled's Death/Exile triggered abilities doesn't work.

During several games in commander, i noticed Athreos, Shroud-Veiled ability not working when a creature died or was exiled.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Confounding Conundrum and Field of Ruin

Confounding conundrum recognizes the first land entering the battlefield as a result of field of ruin as if it was the second land, forcing you to return 1 land to your hand.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  4 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Trinisphere + X Cost Artifacts

I had Trinisphere in play and the client was not allowing me to cast Chalice of the Void for X =1 and pay the aditional cost. It kept just allowing 'Cancel' or 'Adjust' and Never 'Done'. It would only allow adjustments to X = 2 or greater.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Volrath's Shapeshifter becomes invisible when changing shape, can't be used

When Volrath's Shapeshifter takes on a new shape due to the top card in the graveyard being a creature card, it becomes invisible and cannot be used to attack, block or otherwise interact with.

As can be see in the attached chatlog, the etb ability of the creature in the graveyard still triggered (that creatures being Vendilion Clique).

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  5 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Breathless Knight ability not triggering properly

The card breathless knight did not have it's ability trigger when any creatures returned to the battlefield from the graveyard. This happened with multiple spells and multiple times.

Expected: Whenever Breathless Knight or another creature enters the battlefield under your control, if that creature entered from a graveyard or you cast it from a graveyard, put a +1/+1 counter on Breathless Knight.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Phase stops sometimes skips turn

My turn gets skipped sometimes when i put stops at upkeep.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. God-Pharoah's Gift not granting haste

Tokens generated by god-pharoah's gift are affected by summoning sickness since last MTGO update.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fiery Confluence does not display modes

Whilst fiery confluence is on the stack, neither the card nor game log indicates what modes have been selected.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Wall of Roots cannot be activated during mana payment steps, only at instant speed.

Wall of Roots cannot be activated during mana payment steps, only at instant speed.

Have Wall of Roots, Raging Goblin, and Giant Growth in hand

Cast Wall of Roots and Raging Goblin

Go to combat and attack with Raging Gobin

Left-click Giant Growth and select the Cast action

Actual: Cannot activate Wall of Roots to pay for Giant Growth
    Expected: Can activate Wall of Roots ability to put a -0/-1 counter on it to pay for Giant Growth

Notes: You can use Wall of Roots to add mana to your mana pool before trying to cast a spell to mitigate…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  2 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Crovax the Cursed reduced to 1/1

Sac a creature to Crovax the Cursed and he becomes a 1/1 instead of a 5/5

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  3 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Dauthi Voidwalker doesn't exile

Have an opponents creature cast with effect Dauthi Voidwalker die while you control another copy of Dauthi Voidwalker. I did this and my opponents Lurrus when to the graveyard instead of being exiled with a counter.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Goblin Charbelcher & Recross the Path don't work

Step 1: Casting Spells and resolves
    Step 2: Cards will be revealed.
    Step 3: All cards are shown in the temporary zone.

Issue and Step 4: The only card you can order once any of the two spells get resolves is the first one, so THE PROBLEM is you can't order the cards that were revealed in the order you want back into the library.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Vengeful Pharaoh doesn't trigger when player takes damage

Vengeful Pharaoh should trigger when YOU take damage, not when YOU deal damage to an opponent. This bug resulted in one of my creatures being buried which effected the play of the game in a substantial way. Vengeful Pharaoh is currently in the main board of my deck and impacted my first game of the first match of the league I joined.

Attack with 1 or more creatures with Vengeful Pharaoh in graveyard
    After damage is dealt Vengeful Pharaoh trigger is put on the stack
    Trigger must select a creature in play

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. If you control Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet, you get a Zombie token when a creature you control owned by an opponent dies

When I cast Crux of Fate to kill all creatures Kalitas exiled the Birds of Paradise I owned that they controlled, when Kalitas specifies it only triggers on creatures of my controlling dying. The Zombie Token resulting from this trigger was then able to attack and kill a planeswalker next turn when that zombie shouldn't have been in play

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  4 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Architects of Will doesn't let player order cards

My hp was 4 at the moment.
    Architects of Will entered the battlefield as the Living End resolved, I was able to look at my opponent's 3 top cards.
    Nevertheless, I was not able to put them back in any order, as it is told in the text of Architects' ability. I assume this ability is lagged.
    Subsequently my opponent was somehow able to topdeck lightning bolt (which i saw from the Architects' ability, but was not able to put it third or second from the top), which was lethal for me. Any other topdeck of the three cards i…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. lag/timeout/crash missed picks while drafting

draft begins and draft window close reload magic online but lose several first picks

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base