MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Lurrus and Wear/Tear

Whenever I sideboarded Wear/Tear into my deck Lurrus was not declared as my companion (as if it counted wear/tear as a permanent).

65 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Wizards of the Coast
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

In Progress  ·  5 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cannot embalm Vizier of Many Faces

Vizier of Many Faces was in my graveyard. I paid the 3UU to embalm it, and clicked Massacre Wurm as my choice to be copied. The prompt on the left then told me to pick a creature, and instead of the Yes / No buttons, there was only a No button. I clicked on different creatures a few times to see if anything would change. The art on Vizier changed, but it still wouldn't let me click Yes. With no other option, I eventually gave up and clicked No. The Vizier then went to the graveyard without copying anything.

34 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Aether Gust doesn't tell where players put the card either on the top or bottom of their library

I cast 2 aether gusts targeting my opponent's spells (lightning helix and lightning bolt). I did not know where he put them (whether top or bottom) and had to guess.

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Trinisphere and X spells.

When a spell with X in it's mana cost is cast with Trinisphere on the battlefield, MTGO requires the user to pay 3+X mana in total. To reproduce:
    1) Have a Trinisphere on the battlefield.
    2) Cast Green Sun's Zenith
    3) Pay 4 mana.

Actual: MTGO reports that X is 1.
    Expected: Trinisphere's effect should apply after a value of X is chosen, so we should see that we have paid 3G for Green Sun's Zenith, the total amount of mana paid is 4, and Trinisphere should not affect it. Therefore we should have X=3.

Note that this issue was…

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  2 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Obosh

Obosh doesn't allow a split card with an odd cmc. I can't put DIscovery/Dispersal in my deck (2cmc/5cmc splitcard = 7cmc card)

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  2 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Aether Gust on Klothys does not indicate where opponent puts card

I cast Aether Gust on Klothys at the end of my opponent's turn, he activated relic in response, then it didn't indicate to me whether he put it on top or bottom. It just disappeared and I had no way to know.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Oko + ability bug

I used my oko planeswalker + ability to elk a 3/3 marit lage and it retained indestructible and flying and would not die to lethal damage from being in combat with another elk

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Booby Trap

Hey y'all.

Booby Trap's "name a card" ability doesn't work.

Expected: Name any card that is not a basic land.

Actual: Only allows me to name a non-basic land.

:(

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  4 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Oko Thief of Crowns does not remove the abilities of Questing Beast

My opponent plus'd on my Questing Beast with their Oko, Thief of Crowns. It set the P/T for the Beast to be a 3/3 but did not remove it's abilities. It had vigilance, deathtouch, haste and it's triggered ability remained. So instead of being a 3/3 Legendary Creature - Elk with no abilities named Questing Beast, it was a 3/3 Legendary Creature - Elk with Deathtouch, Haste, Vigilance and with it's abilities. This includes it's triggered ability and it's inability to be blocked by creatures with power 2 or less.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Laboratory Maniac doesn't make me win

I had both Griselbrand and Laboratory Maniac in play. I activated Griselbrand ability with 22 life points and 3 cards in my library and i got a loss because I was drawing from an empty library

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  1 comment  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. questing beast

how is the questing beast still retain its abilities after i had +1 with oko's ability?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Oko is bugged. Chalice and Ensnaring bridge kept working after they got elked.

Oko is bugged. Chalice and Ensnaring bridge kept working after they got elked.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. scrap trawle

scrap trawler's trigger just always says that theres no legal target for its ability

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Underworld Breach does not allow you to casting zero mana spells

Underworld Breach not allowing you to cast Zero mana spells such as crashing footfalls, ancestral visions, and restore balance. Text on cards read that cost was zero and required to exile 3 cards, but did not allow us to select the card to cast.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Confusion in the Rank causes a restart of the game

I played confusion in the ranks in a Norin commander deck. When Norin came in under my control it gave my opponent the ability to trigger it. But before he could even do that the game froze and then started from the beginning, replaying each turn we had like a replay.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base