Restore Balance and Balance count Adventure cards as two cards in a player's hand
When discarding cards while resolving Restore Balance, Adventure cards are counted as two cards in the user's hand. The opponent is prompted to choose which cards to keep in their hand, however as the spell resolves, the user instead discards random cards until they have one less card in hand than the opponent.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. P1: Wish for and play One With Nothing.
2. P1: Wish for Fae of Wishes, Crashing Footfalls, Mountain, and Grizzly Bears
3. Proceed to P2s pre-combat main phase.
4. P2: Wish for and play One With Nothing.
5. P2: Wish for Mountain x3 and Restore Balance.
6. P2: Play Restore Balance.
7. P1: When prompted which cards to keep, choose Fae of Wishes, Crashing Footfalls, and Mountain.
P1 discards two cards at random.
P1 discards Grizzly Bears and the remaining cards are kept in P1's hand.
This issue occurs with both Restore Balance and Balance. Testing multiple times shows the cards that end up being discarded appear to be random, as the cards kept in the user's hand are not consistent.
This issue is also affecting the number of cards in hand check of Wolfcaller's Howl.
Gumption and Gusto#83058 commented
I encountered this with Balance. I selected to keep Brazen Borrower and Wall of Blossoms, but discarded all but Wall of Roots.