MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Chainer, Nightmare Adept did not give creatures haste that entered with Rise of the Dark Realms

first i cast Chainer, Nightmare Adept. Then I cast Rise of the Dark Realms. 34 creatures entered the battlefield, and I did not cast them from my hand, so they should have had haste. There were no effects on the battlefield that would have prevented it. I don't know what creatures all ETBed, as everyone scooped and I didn't have time to look at them all, but I was playing against a mono-red deck, and 2 Dimir decks, and I was playing a Rakdos deck. Nothing that came in prevented the Altar of the Brood triggers, so I don't think…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Heroic Intervention was unplayabe

Couldn't play Heroic Intervention, had 12 mana, it wouldn't light up, not even an option to use on either players turn.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 2nd+ Morphs do not trigger Guardian Project

Guardian Project should trigger whenever a creature with morph is cast face down. Each morph beyond the second should draw a card but does not currently do so.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. VIto, Thorn of Dusk Rose

I activated my Vito's , Thorn of de Dusk Rose ability so that my creatures had lifelink. After combat as I gained 1 life, Vito's triggered ability activaved and dealt 1 damage to my opponent, but Chandra's Incinerator ability did not trigggered as my opponend had been damaged by a non-combat ability, then I could not deal 1 more damage to my opponent Trufllesnout with Chandra's Piromancer triggered ability.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Stolen Identity can't encode

When Stolen Identity is cast and you use the Cipher ability on it, you are unable to choose a creature to encode onto. Since you have already bypassed the yes/no box to use the ability, you are forced to concede the match.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Words of Waste

Words of Waste isn't triggering when I pay for 1 on my upkeep and not drawing for turn.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord not chekcking for different land sacrifice

Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord is not checking to ensure two different lands are sacrificed to return him to hand.

This is easy to reproduce
    Have either a forest and an Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth OR An Overgrown Tomb on the field
    Get Jarad in the grave
    Sacrifice the Overgrown Tomb for both the swamp and the forest condition
    Or Sacrifice the Forest for both if you have Urborg on the field. You can do this multiple times for each land with both swamp and forest types you have.

According to gatherer you should still have to sacrifice a second land…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. dowsing tyrannodon can attack with warded battlements

With warded Battlements in play, you can attack with a base 3-power creature alongside dowsing tyrannodon. Steps are 1:

1. Have Dowsing Tyrannodon, a 3-power creature, and warded battlements in play
    2. in declare attackers step, click on the 3-power creature to declare it as an attacker
    3. Actual: warded battlements sets that creature's power to 4, allowing you to attack with the tyrannodon
    4. Expected: the creature's power doesn't change until attackers are actually declared and tyrannodon can't attack
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Unpredictable Cyclone

Cast Unpredictable Cyclone and cycled an artifact didn't trigger Crystaline Giant.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Rancor doesn't allow Kaya's Guild to exile graveyard

player 1 attaches rancor to slippery bogle.
    player 2 casts kaya's guile selecting sacrifice creature and exile opp gy.
    player selects slippery bogle to sacrifice. rancor triggers and goes to player 1's hand. graveyard doesen't exile.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. phyrexian metamorph mutate

I had used phyrexian metamorph to copy my opponent's commander (atraxa praetors' voice) I then Mutated it using chittering harvester choosing over, I twice attempted to attack my opponent the creature removed itself from combat and advanced through my combat step.

event number 228944064

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Volrath's Shapeshifter coming into play as a Meddling Mage doesn't prevent opponent from casting named card

When Meddling Mage is the top card of the graveyard and Volrath's Shapeshifter comes into play, the shapeshifter becomes a Meddling Mage and you get to name a card with it.

However, during a game yesterday my opponent was able to play the named card even if I had Shapeshifter in play as a copy of Meddling Mage with the played card as the named one.

It should not be possible for the opponent to play the named card as long as the Shapeshifter is a Meddling Mage.

In this example, the named and played card was Day's Undoing.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Chandra Acolyte of Flame's -2 Loyalty Ability doesn't work with some alternate casting costs

Instants and Sorceries in the graveyard with Spectacle, Surge, and Overload cannot be cast for their alternate cost after being targeted with Chandra, Acolyte of Flame's -2 Loyalty ability.

Steps to Reproduce
    1. Mel and Vorthos start a 2-player Test game.
    2. Mel puts Fervant Champion, Light Up the Stage, and Chandra, Acolyte of Flame into hand.
    3. Mel casts Fervant Champion and Light Up the Stage before combat.
    4. Mel attacks Vorthos with Fervant Champion. Vorthos takes 1 damage.
    5. Mel casts Chandra, Acolyte of Flame, then activates its third ability targeting Light Up the Stage. The ability begins…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Death triggered abilities trigger when Hushbringer dies

Abilities that trigger upon a creature dying trigger when Hushbringer dies.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Wish for and play Hushbringer, Nightmare Shepherd.
    2. Destroy Hushbringer.

Actual results:
    Nightmare Shepherd's ability triggers.

Expected results:
    Abilities do not trigger when Hushbringer dies.

Notes:
    Abilities also trigger for creatures that die at the same time as Hushbringer, such as Garrison Cat dying with Hushbringer.
    According to the ruling for Hushbringer: "A creature entering the battlefield or dying at the same time as Hushbringer (including Hushbringer itself entering or dying) won’t cause abilities to trigger."
    This issue does not occur when Hushbringer enters the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  2 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. hush bringer bug MTGO

hush bringer stops ETB and Dying Triggers

hush bringer is stopping "put into graveyard" effects

bridge from below does not trigger with hush bringer in play the rule is as folows

An ability that triggers when a card is put into a graveyard “from anywhere” may still trigger even if a creature dies. It will trigger if the ability is of a dying creature that triggers only when that creature is put into a graveyard from anywhere, if Hushbringer is the card being put into a graveyard, or if Hushbringer leaves the battlefield at the same time as the dying…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Crumble to Dust

After casting Crumble to Dust, I was prompted to exiling the last land that I tapped to cast it, instead of asked for a target.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Rules Engine Problem:

Rules Engine issue:
    I tried to cast a fused card (turn//burn) on a creature with protection from monocolored - the rules engine would not let me cast the spell, claiming illegal targets, even though to my understanding, the fused card is multicolored so this should work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Death Hill Cobra ability

My opponent was attacking and it was the declare blockers step. I had a Death-Hood Cobra with Reach. Each time I tried to select the Death-Hood Cobra to block the game brought up the option to select one of the two abilities and I couldn't assign it as a blocker.

I know I had a small chance of victory prior to this point, but after not being able to select the cobra as a blocker I feel that my chances of winning went to nil. I conceded the game after this step and this was the second loss in the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Outflank

I was doing a eldraine draft, and lost because I am unable to cast outflank. as an instant on my opponents turn and on my own turn.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base