MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Implement trade spam prevention timer and default setting to opt out of trades from unknown parties

Creating new request due to "UNABLE TO REPRO" preventing engagement with https://feedback.wizards.com/forums/926092-mtgo-issues/suggestions/40138990-players-using-trade-requests-to-kick-oponent-out-o

When streamers are broadcasting events using magic online, their opponent's name is unintentionally leaked without either streamer's or their opponent's consent. Malicious parties can (and have, are) using that information to spam trade requests to opponents, impacting their game experience and creating a negative association with the streamer and experience for all with the game client.

There is a feature for individuals to disable trade requests from unknown parties, but this option is set to most open possible by default, and opponents don't necessarily know they need to…

15 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Wizards of the Coast
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Crown-Hunter Hireling not added to collection

1. I opened a Crown-Hunter Hireling in a set of Treasure Chests I opened. Crown-Hunter has not appeared in my collection, and is not searchable even with quantity set to 0.

2. I opened the Crown-Hunter Hireling then tried to look for it.

3. I couldn't find it, even with quantity set to 0 or browsing through my red commons.

4. I should be able to find it given I opened it.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  6 comments  ·  Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Decks and Binders disappear

Today I logged in after a week (same pc and same location) and all my decks and binders were gone. Anybody else had this nightmare occur to them? Is there a fix, can decks be restored? I had dozens of them :(

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. deleted collection upon update

Recent game update restarted MTGO and when I signed back in it deleted my entire collection.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. trade binder

mtgo just forever freezes when attempt to access collection and navigate binders

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Can't Submit Deck in Limited Preliminary

I submitted by deck multiple times but MTGO did not recognize the most recent submission and my lands were all off-colour.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. deck deleted

5-0d and my client deleted my decklist from collection

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1. Trying to move Crown-Hunter Hireling into my trade binder.

I get a "This card is not available in MTGO" message when I try to move it it to trade binder.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  0 comments  ·  Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Crusade

Deck editor shows Crusade as "not legal in this deck format." But it's totally legal... and I've even played with this deck before.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Cards disappeared from collection

I wanted to trade some Shark Typhoons I have in a trade binder but they can't be seen during the trade and it looks like I don't have them in the collection (but they're in a trade binder!!). I had 4 of them, I tried putting 1 back from the binder on the top side of the screen and it vanished. What happened?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I have not received my GenCon Vintage point from the Saturday Preliminaries.

I still have not received the Vintage point needed to enter the tournament today. It is not in my inventory or available on the sign up sccreen for the event today.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Gatherer

When I do a search for legendary dogs on the gatherer, it's not spewing the correct results.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. THB Redemtion request

I try to buy THB redemtion premium and encounter this. please help me fix.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Couldn't enter Super Qualifier with Gyruda, didn't know it was banned

Couldn't enter Super Qualifier with Gyruda, didn't know it was banned

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Making Changes to a Deck Isn't Reflected in Play Lobby

PLayers report that if they join an event with one version of a deck, drop from it, make changes to that deck, then re-join the event, the game incorrectly uses the older version of the deck.

We don't yet have confirmation whether players are stopping to check changes are reflected in the Play Lobby before re-joining. We also don't know if players are only changing the sideboard, or changing both side and main, or just main. Usually players report not changing the name of their deck prior to re-joining.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. MOCS point

After the end of the modern challenge today, my MOCs points (64) of my collection have disappeared. After that, I did 4-1 in a Modern League and the MOCS qualifier points are not appearing in my collection.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Cannot use Jegantha as commander

I have Jegantha in my sideboard as my commander for a deck which does not meet the companion requirements. I don't want Jegantha as my companion though, I want it as my commander and it won't let me use it that way since it's in the sideboard it automatically tries to use it as a companion.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Navigation of the Collection

Please add hotkeys to navigate the collection so that the owner can go from beginning to end, as well as switch to colors without filtering

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. All my cards gone !

Today I tried return to play mtgo, but then I had to create a new account using the same e-mail I used before in my mtgo account, the when I logged in all my cards had gone ! Please, someone help me.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base