MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Trade window won't show up

Trade window simply won't show up, I can't trade with people for some unknown reason.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Images are not displayed correct (all black)

The images of cards, binders and players avatars are not displayed correct. Card images are black. This effects the collection as well as the duel scene.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve Trade Spam Protection With A "Trade Requests: Block Trade Requests While In Match" Option

The current trade spam protection is inadequate, as detailed on Twitter in this thread: https://twitter.com/anzidmtg/status/1363668366091636740

Currently the burden is on many players to toggle their "Trade Requests: Allow Only From Buddies" setting proactively before participating in an event, and the Block feature is not simple to use when someone is disrupting a game with trade requests.

Therefore, I suggest improving trade spam protections with a setting that blocks trade requests while a player is in a match. If possible to implement, this feature would allow players to protect themselves from this out-of-game interference, while still letting them seamlessly trade in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Decks and Binders disappear

Today I logged in after a week (same pc and same location) and all my decks and binders were gone. Anybody else had this nightmare occur to them? Is there a fix, can decks be restored? I had dozens of them :(

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 99 Playpoints

Hello,

I dont know how this happened, but i have 99 Playpoints, i thought this is impossible because u always get at least 5 Play points. Because of that i cant play a new cube game.

Best Regards
    Schnauz

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Can't complete trade

I tried trading with multiple MTGO bots, but every time we go to complete the trade, we both confirm but it says "Trade declined or cancelled". I tried both restarting and reinstalling MTGO, but neither worked. Trading worked great earlier this evening.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Lost new player packs

Hey I recently had 3 new player packs (I did not have time to read the name on it) and when I tried to open one I got disconnected. After I relogged in MTGO I have no longer had any of those packs. Could you please tell me what's happened or give them back? Highly appreciated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Qualifier Points Disappeared

Last week my QPs for season 3 disappeared but since i didn't need them i just waited a while and sure enough a few days after they showed up again in my collection. However, yesterday they disappeared again and even though i played a league and got 1 QP prize, both the old QPs and the newly acquired one don't show in my collection and i might need them for tomorrow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Cards not added to collection after draft

Played the "Quick Draft Theros Beyond Death". None of the cards I drafted with were added to my collection.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bug in commander

Bonjour je n'arrive pas à finaliser la construction d'un de mes decks commander (Bant : Livio/Thrasios partner)... on me précise qu'il est "too small" où "too large" si je change une carte et je ne peux pas le jouer du coup.
    Merci

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. golgari thug not available

I bought a ticket for eternal weekend. All cards I've tried are ok, except Golgari Thug. It says not in collection when added to a deck.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Collection shows unavailable

When I go to edit my decks my collection is all foils and alternate art versions of the cards I own in my collection. When I try to add cards to my decks they show up with the yellow boarders as if I don’t own them. If I take a card out of my deck I can no longer access it and it becomes a foil also. Certain cards such as blood moon change from different arts or foil/full art versions of the card depending on what deck or binder I am in and I can’t use them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Making Changes to a Deck Isn't Reflected in Play Lobby

PLayers report that if they join an event with one version of a deck, drop from it, make changes to that deck, then re-join the event, the game incorrectly uses the older version of the deck.

We don't yet have confirmation whether players are stopping to check changes are reflected in the Play Lobby before re-joining. We also don't know if players are only changing the sideboard, or changing both side and main, or just main. Usually players report not changing the name of their deck prior to re-joining.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  2 comments  ·  Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Mac Touchpad Tap To Click Support

The trackpad on Macbooks is only partially supported. Sometimes tap-to-click works, sometimes it doesn't.

Tap to click should work exactly like a hard left click on the track pad everywhere a left-click event is supported.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Difficult to add cards to a deck in my collection tab

If i only own 3 copies of a card in my collection, and all three copies are in my deck, i cannot add a 4th copy by right clicking on the card and 'add 1 to deck'. I have to manually search for a different version of the card and add it.

Also, if i own 3 copies of a card in my collection, but all 3 are different versions, if i add a 4th copy to my deck, all 4 copies of the cards are displayed as if i do not own any of them. It should display the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. lands

The full art basics that I bought are not showing in my collection. And if i remove them from my current deck back to my collection that change the image that of a bordered basic.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Uploading cards

There should be a way Users can take photos of their physical cards and upload into the library, maybe with some other criteria to avoid 6 friends all uploading a black lotus one of them has (hypothetical scenario)
    I have an Ur dragon deck I've built and put a lot of time and effort into, it's absurd that I would have to repurchase everything to now have it online. Aren't there card codes that are printed on the cards? I remember a Yu-Gi-Oh game used to use the actual card codes that would then allow you to import your cards…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Draft rewards

i won 4 games in Amonkhet remastered and never received my rewards.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. My collection is bugged

after the update i can't find certain cards within my collection even if i have then, crop roation is a exemple i have it in a deck, the mtgo know that i have but i can't find her in the search collection

ps: you can see in the img that in the deck bottom left corner i have crop in the deck, he says that i have the card, but in all the collection on the 1 drop part there is no copy of crop

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Versions of cards in trade

it is annoying that in MTGO trade if the person you are trading with has a different version of a card (same card from a different expansion) it does not tell you that the card you are trading for is already in your collection. I have made so many trades and then ended up with more than 4 of the cards.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base