MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Undo companion bug

During one of my matches after losing a game i accidentally chose that i didn't want to go first. So i tried to undo it when choosing companions the action as a result neither player got their companion, i went first, and my opponent skipped his draw step.

Steps
    1. Lose game 1
    2. hit no
    3. undo
    4. hit yes
    5. actual: losing player goes first, opponent does not get card, and neither gets to choose a companion
    6. expected: players get to choose companions and opponent does not skip the draw step

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. life and limb & arcane adaptation

Infinite combo didn't work well.

1. I controlled three enchantments - "Life and Limb", "Arcane Adaptation" (Saproling was chosen), and "Retreat to Hagra".
    2. I cast "Scute Swarm". In this situation, "Scute Swarm" is a Saproling creature in addition to its type (Arcane Adaption). And Sapoiling creature is a Forest in addition to its type (Life and Limb). So Landfall ability of "Scute Swarm" should be caused, and the created token is also a Forest. Then infinite Landfall combo is completed. A lot of tokens should have been created and tokens were all lands, so the Landfall ability of "Retreat to Hagra"…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Match recorded as a draw instead of as a win or draw

I won the first game of my Ikoria draft match and then I won game 2, yet the Client said the last game was a draw and that I have lost the match despite winning game 1 and apparently drawing game

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Terrarion should add additional mana while Kinnan is in play

Terrarion should add additional mana while Kinnan is in play, but did not do so.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. While Tabernacle of Pendrell Vale is in play, permanent turned into Elk by Oko don't pay 1 extra during their upkeep or destroy the creature

Permanents turned into elk by Oko after a Tabernacle of Pendrell Vale is in play do not actually gain "Pay 1 during your upkeep or destroy this creature."

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  2 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Skipped through my turn because I used "Yield Until Next End Step" in a different game

When playing the 3 MOCS events today, I encountered this bug two times:
    When playing two matches at the same time, I used "Yield Until here" in one game, and skipped until that point in another game. However, the first time it happened, I won the affected (Standard) match.
    Later, the same thing happened again when I misclicked on the "Yield Until Next End Step" option in the Standard Showcase Qualifier, MTGO skipped my first turn in the Modern Showcase, and caused me to lose the Modern game&match.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  2 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Unable to cast Liquid Fire's additional cost

Casting Liquid Fire didn't let me choose a number for its additional cast and defaulted it to 0

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Tapped Gold Tokens Can't Be Sacrificed

If a Gold token becomes tapped, you cannot sacrifice it for mana.

Steps to Reproduce
    1. Resolve Chapter 4 of The First Iroan Games to create a Gold token
    2. Opponent freezes it, most often with Kiora Bests the Sea God (leaving it tapped on your turn)
    3. On your turn, attempt to sacrifice the Gold.

Expected: Choose a mana of any color
    Actual: Left-click on Gold has no effect, right-click on Gold doesn't show mana-producing options

Also tested with Gild and its token with different art

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. erratic mutation is bugged

I cast erratic mutation on my opponents blitz leech. It died, but mtgo did not reveal any cards or let me see what was put on the bottom.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Selvala's Stampede lets the caster put any number of permantens on the battlefield regardless of the votes

Regardless of how many "free" votes (see rules text below) a player receives, they can put as many permanent cards from their hand onto the battlefield as they want.
    The "wild" part works as expected though.

" Selvala's Stampede {4}{G}{G}

Sorcery

Council’s dilemma — Starting with you, each player votes for wild or free. Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a creature card for each wild vote. Put those creature cards onto the battlefield, then shuffle the rest into your library. You may put a permanent card from your hand onto the battlefield for each…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  5 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Squandered REsorces

Squandered Resources doesnt work for City of BRass and Undiscovered paradise

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  3 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Stacking Tabernacle Ordering Issue

Couldn't stack my creature's triggers for tabernacle in the order I wanted.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ephemerate's Bug

When Ephemerate comes back from rebound but I have no target, the card's window stays open and there isn't any way to close it. It's very annoying and makes me lose a lot of time, and timer is pretty an important factor in Magic Online.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. sages of the anima locks draw step

Sages of the Anima reads that noncreature cards in the top three go to the bottom of my library, but MTGO only gives me the option to keep them on top, so every draw step I eventually am just seeing the same three cards (and not drawing them!)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Dega Sanctuary does not gain a player 4 life instead of 2, even if you control the right color permanents

Dega Sanctuary does not gain a player 4 life instead of 2, even if you control the right color permanents

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Exile zone not able to scroll

In a 4 player game of EDH while using Pako to exile cards, the exile zone would not scroll down or move when using the down button to move the cards in exile. This makes it impossible to see cards that have been exiled past a certain point and prevents one from casting the spells exiled this way. Another player using Pako in the same game said they had the same issue.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. With Harmonic Sliver under your control, tokens created by Sliver Hive don't gain Harmonic Sliver's triggered ability

-Activate sliver hive (5, tap: put a 1/1 colorless sliver creature token onto the battlefield...)
    -Ability resolves with a harmonic sliver(all slivers have "when this permanent enters the battlefield, destroy target artifact or enchantment") on board.
    -ETB trigger does not trigger. Nothing on board to prevent the trigger from triggering.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Unable to assign Proud Wildbonder damage as if it wasn't blocked

There's a bug with the trigger of Proud Wildbonder. In this attack, after blockers were declared, I tried to NOT assign damage from Proud Wildbonder as if it were blocked, meaning that I tried to assign damage from it as regular trample damage 1 to the blocker to kill it and the rest to my opponent. When I finished this assignment. Immediately, it gave me a text saying that there is a Illegal damage assignment and state that my other creature with trample Pyrocerotops is not doing damage when 3 is expected, EVEN THOUGH I have not even been asked…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Command Zone Not Visible in Multiplayer

when i watch a game of 4 player commander i cannot see the other player's command zones

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  3 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base