MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Strixhaven Lessons make game logs go nuts

When using learn cards and / or playing lessons, there seems to be something that makes the game logs wrgon, though there are no impact on gameplay. The examples attached will be clearer

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. autoskipped turns

At first, I got sent into the last game I played, that game ended with a bug and replayed itself over and over. When that game finally concluded in a draw, ( everyone in it lost 1 vote for some bizarre reason) I got sent into the new game and it restarted itself for everyone (they told me in chat).

The game then proceeded to auto skip everyone's turn until 1 player figured it stopped by setting a stop at one's main phase. At this point, we had skipped multiple turns and I was 2 turns behind when the dust…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. chat

In match chat not working. I receive messages but are unable to view them in match with other players. IDK how to restore this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. MTGO going slower after playing - Memory leaking

PLEASE fix this. MTGO have some problem with memory leaking, me and a lot of players complain about this issue. We can't play more than 3 matches, because the game goes slower and slower, and we need to restart MTGO. This already makes me lose a lot of leagues, and have a lot of money loss. My computer is able to process a lot of heavy games very very well, but this keeps happening to MTGO. Send at least an answer if this is an issue that you are investigating. Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Daily quest keeps counting down but doesn't give any new quests, only resets timer.

How about give me back my daily quests! It's hard to level up when you haven't gotten any daily quests in over a week!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Won Match - Lost A Bar From Gold Tier 2

1. Started match at Gold Tier 2, 5 Barr
    2. Won match and dropped to Gold Tier 2, 4 Bars
    3. Should have increased to Gold Tier 1, 1 Bar
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Won Match - Lost A Bar From Gold Tier 2

Started match at Gold Tier 2, 5 Bars, won match and dropped to Gold Tier 2, 4 Bars.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Won Match - Lost A Bar From Gold Tier 2

Started match at Gold Tier 2, 5 Bars, won match and dropped to Gold Tier 2, 4 Bars.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 3/3 pelt collector does not trigger when 4/4 hexdrinker dies

if i have a 3/3 pelt and a hex leveled to 3 ( 4/4 ) if hex dies pelt should trigger and become a 4/4.. it does not

i believe this is a bug

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Cant play a land

when trying to play MTG on my desktop i cant play any lands.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I played Expressive Iteration (Part 2)

When playing this card, if you make your 2nd decision and take it back, there is a chance that it will "restart" the game and force both you and your opponent to go to cleanup step. (check game actions)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. MTGO Game rewinded

It was G3, while I would like to undo the lion eye diamond ability to get back the cards from graveyard, the game suddenly rewind to the beginning asking me keep or not to keep my hand.....seems it's bug

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. MTGO Game rewinded

It was G3, while I would like to undo the lion eye diamond ability to get back the cards from graveyard, the game suddenly rewind to the beginning asking me keep or not to keep my hand.....seems it's bug

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. MTGO Rewinded

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mtgo legacy cube draft game restarted a turn before I was about to win

The entire game froze and then went through a play by play rerun of the entire match up to that point before giving both me and my opponent new hands and restarting the game. However, the only game actions we can take are discarding to hang size at cleanup, it automatically yields through our whole turn. I attached the game log, as you can see nobody conceded yet the match began again. Can I get my tix back? This automatically gave me a match loss.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mtgo legacy cube draft game restarted a turn before I was about to win

The entire game froze and then went through a play by play rerun of the entire match up to that point before giving both me and my opponent new hands and restarting the game. However, the only game actions we can take are discarding to hang size at cleanup, it automatically yields through our whole turn. I attached the game log, as you can see nobody conceded yet the match began again. Can I get my tix back? This automatically gave me a match loss.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. opponent pairing

I just don't understand how a deck that in standard play can be at 68+% win rate and in any ranked event or ranked play drop to less than 20%. Don't tell me it is the caliber of player because I have written down most of the players that have beaten me in Ranked play and I have once in a while have run across them in standard play and have beaten them and gon on to win in standard but the minute I enter ranked anything I get stomped? How does pairing work and is it truely random or…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Legacy Cube Draft tecnical issue

I was playing my last round of Legacy Cube Phantom Draft league and I wad about to win and then it glitched or something and restarted the game and re did all the plays and then me and my opponent couldn't play and could only discard. I believe other people are having this problem. I would like my tixs back and the playpoints I was going to win. Please fix this issue because it was unfair for all involved.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Game restarted and self-played

3 pod in Commander Open Play

I play Golos superfriends, against Sisay Legendary, against Meren. It started to get buggy mid-game when the Monarch was introduced (which messed up the card alignment).

My board became insane with multiple walkers, enchantments, and creatures. There were about 60 permanents on my field including emblems, then I ultimate'd Sorin, Grim Nemesis, after Primeval's Glorious Rebirth, multiple instances of Ajani, the Greathearted proliferating as well as Nicol-Bolas, Dragon-God proliferating too using that same effect. Sorin's ulti would have created about 60 vampire tokens.

The game then stalled, then restarted, and began to replay the…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  3 comments  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Draft cards all stuck in one pile + Draft Lag

Hi Guys, no idea what has caused these issues but they happened at the same time (even though they seem unrelated). My system was working perfectly up until about 3 weeks ago.

Problem 1). My draft layout video (while drafting cube) has changed to stack the entire pack of cards. Now I only see the top of each card (the name and CC) as they are all stacked together off to the side. They no longer layout side-by-side. I can't find an option anywhere in settings to change this. Help please! I will attach a screenshot.

Problem 2). After playing…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base