MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Promo Llanowar Elves #35934 exports as #31379

A deck with the old-frame promo Llanowar Elves #35934 gives a .dek export with a row having CatID=31379. When this .dek export is presented for trading, the card is not pulled automatically into the trade, which inhibits correct collection management for the card in question.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Commander zone change bugged with Commit/Memory

Hello

Situation:
    Commander game, I have my commander (Polukranos, Unchained) in my graveyard. I checked the zone-change settings, I have "Command zone, instead of library" selected.

My opponent casts the Aftermath-half of Commit/Memory which says:
    "Each player shuffles their hand and graveyard into their library, then draws seven cards."

What should happen:
    Polukranos goes to command zone. I draw 7 cards.

What happened:
    Polukranos went to my library, I drew 7 cards, one of which was Polukranos .

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mogg Assassin does not let more than one player select a target

Mogg Assassin lets your opponent select a target but not you. Winning the flip has no result, losing the flip results in your creature being destroyed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Calculating Lich causes loss of life

When I atacked with a lot of creature of mine, with calculating lich in my table, I was getting life loss instead of my opponent.
    I was supposed to win, but I lost cause of the bug, and I had already won first game...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Tie results in wrong player getting win

My opponent and I each won a game, and then we tied game three. He cast char and in response I cast two burn spells, which meant that both of us were at 0 life upon resolution. That put us at 1-1-1. So we played another, which i won. It then took us to another game, which my opponent won. It then gave my opponent the match.

I could be wrong, but I thought it was first to 2 wins. If that is not the case, my opponent should not have won the match when they only won as many…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Yorion destroys stonecoil serpent when blocking

Cast stonecoil serpent
    block Yorion
    Stonecoil dies

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Phyrexian Metamorph failed to copy Gyruda

When my Opp played Show and Tell I put a Phyrexian Metamorph into play I attempted to copy Gyruda wouldn't work logged out and back in didn't work tried to copy other things didn't work hit no to copy anything then it became a chrome mix and I lost the game shortly after.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bug for mutate

Had a hexproof 3/6 (Wingfold Pteron) that had 3 mutates on it, at the end of my op's Turn I flashed mutate a pouncing shoreshark onto the bird, drew a card for Dreamtail, targeted Luris with bounce and fetched a swamp for Greathorn, and this interaction killed my creature

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Problemas de cadastro

Não consigo cadastrar meu endereço completo pois a tela para cadastro da cidade esta travada. Por isso não consigo comprar o "upgrade kit".
    Meu email: le.carreira10@gmail.com

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Territorial Hellkite didnt work....

Territorial Hellkite didnt work....cast it and it attacked as normal on first turn, but in a 1-1 duel it was tapped.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Training Grounds and Mirror Entity

The interaction between training grounds and mirror entity is broken.

When activating mirror entity with a training grounds in play, the client loops between adjusting the cost reduction and paying mana costs. The done button to accept the mana payment loops back into setting an adjustment. As such, mirror entity does not work when training grounds is in play.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. bug utilisé pour triche

il existe un moyen de tricher en faisant de l'anti-jeu...Le joueur "Müptozan" l'utilise quand il perd la partie...à un moment dans mon tour d'attaque, il cesse tout le jeu, et la partie se retrouve bloquée sans qu'aucun sablier ni temps limite ne se déroule...il ne se retrouve même pas déconnecté de la partie en cours, là ça fait déjà 15 mn qu'il me bloque dans ma partie, et ce pour la deuxième fois...que faire contre une telle facilité de triche?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Skinrender and Hangarback Walker

I played a skinrender targeting a hangarback walker with 3 +1/+1 counters once the hangerback walker hit the graveyard opponent got 3 thopters causing me to lose the game.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Whim of the fates came out of suspend and locked the game

I have no idea!! I play a chaos EDh deck and this is my second bug in 2 days.

It was supposed to be my turn to pick piles, but it said waiting on another player.
    Then when I quit, it gave me priority to split my opponents piles!!
    I had to restart to go back to normal!!
    It was wild!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Whim of the fates came out of suspend and locked the game

I have no idea!! I play a chaos EDh deck and this is my second bug in 2 days.

It was supposed to be my turn to pick piles, but it said waiting on another player.
    Then when I quit, it gave me priority to split my opponents piles!!
    I had to restart to go back to normal!!
    It was wild!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Email address with special characters checkout

When I attempted to purchase the account upgrade I received an error message stating my email address was not formatted properly. Not wanting to give my exact email but it is along the lines of: "emailaddress-_-@live.com". I changed my account email address to one that doesn't have special characters and was able to purchase the upgrade. I would attach a picture but I am unable to change my email address back so I assume it can't handle the special characters either.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Myr battlesphere tapping

I had played a Myr Battlesphere a few turns earlier to hold off some attackers of my opponent, but on one turn I finally drew a spell that allowed to me attack in, so when I was attacking I decided I wanted to tap down only 2 of my Myr tokens to get in some extra damage and stay alive for next turn, so I highlighted them (I thought)..it was very tough to tell because of how lite the green is when selecting, I made sure to go back and reselect them because it looked like I had only tapped…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Only having one match in tournament practice

I concede game one to save time and they give me a loss with no game two. This has happened several times now across all the formats and it needs to be addressed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Obosh, The Prey Piercer and Boros Reckoner

I blocked my opponent's Boros Reckoner with a Scarab God created copy of a Boros Reckoner. They had an Obosh, the Prey Piercer out. At the damage step, the boros reckoner abilities went on the stack, first their Boros Reckoner targetted me for the 4 damage it took from my scarab god copy, then I targetted their obosh with my token copy of boros reckoner's ability to deal 6 to obosh. Obosh died due to my ability, then their ability did 8 damage to me. Because Obosh was no longer on the battlefield, their Boros Reckoner's ability should only have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Soul-Scar Mage and Arcbound Worker

Soul-scar Mage on the battlefield, I Seal of Fire their Arcbound Worker and the mage's effect doesn't remove the -1/-1 counter and the opponent was able to use modular to add another counter.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base