MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Necra Sanctuary

Necra Sanctuary trigger abillity doesn't work properly.
    When it triggers, and i have a white permanent and a green permanent, my opponent loses only 1 life, but he should have lost 3 life instead. Even if i have a multicolored permanent, that have both colors, green and white, it still doesn't work properly.
    I try to build a deck around this card, but i can't play with the deck properly because of this problem,

44 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Wizards of the Coast
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Disconnection/Dropped

Play Lobby Disconnection/Dropped

32 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cannot embalm Vizier of Many Faces

Vizier of Many Faces was in my graveyard. I paid the 3UU to embalm it, and clicked Massacre Wurm as my choice to be copied. The prompt on the left then told me to pick a creature, and instead of the Yes / No buttons, there was only a No button. I clicked on different creatures a few times to see if anything would change. The art on Vizier changed, but it still wouldn't let me click Yes. With no other option, I eventually gave up and clicked No. The Vizier then went to the graveyard without copying anything.

34 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. tree of perdition restarted the game

tree of perdition restarted the game

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  2 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. lag

I've been playing vintage cube last week and I've been met with an annoying problem. Sometimes when I pass priority or want to click OK, the client lags but my timer goes down. This usually takes 20-30 seconds before going on. It happens several times in a match which can cost me up to 4-5 minutes of my clock.

36 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ceta Sanctuary does not recognize second state

Ceta Sanctuary does not recognize second state

25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Aether Gust doesn't tell where players put the card either on the top or bottom of their library

I cast 2 aether gusts targeting my opponent's spells (lightning helix and lightning bolt). I did not know where he put them (whether top or bottom) and had to guess.

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Shifty Doppelganger Bug

I was playing the Cultic Cube and played an Eldrazi off of Shifty Doppelganger leaving them at 11 life. EoT the Eldrazi went away but Shifty Doppelganger did not return to the battlefield. Instead I got a face down card next to my lands that did nothing and Shifty Doppelganger was still showing in exile.

Next turn they tapped out of mana and creatures but I could not play my 12/12 in hand with Shifty Doppelgangers to finish the game and subsequently lost the match. Kind of frustrating when you have to pay to enter and can win play points…

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Magic Online "Out of Date" Error Message in Client

MTGO won't allow sign on saying "out of date version. please close client and restart to downloaded latest version" which is followed and no new version has been downloaded. I've attempted uninstalling and re-installing and still run into the same error while attempting to sign in. I've tried rebooting the computer and the same issue happens.

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Selvala, Explorer Returned Parley Resets the Game

Since the new update with Companions and Ikoria. Selvala, Explorer Returned Resets the Game when you activate her parley ability. After activating her tap ability the game pauses for a moment, and then crashes showing you everything that has progressed through out the game. If you wait through the entire replaying of the game to try and activate her again. It again restarts the game and you have to try and watch the game once more.

This is very troublesome since this is my commander.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  8 comments  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. spillskite cannot change the target of triggered ability from ravenous chubacabra

Opponent played Ravenous Chupacabra which resolved.
    Opponent targets my Walking Balista with the etb trigger from Ravenous Chupacabra.
    I activate the ability on Spellskite to redirect the trigger from Ravenous Chupacabra to target my Spellskite.
    The ability from Spellskite resolves.
    Chat log read "Spellskite cannot change the target of Triggered ability from Ravenous Chupacabra".
    Trigger from Ravenous Chupacabra resolves.
    My Walking Balista dies to the trigger from Ravenous Chupacabra

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  5 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Client Crash/Unresponsive in Duel Scene

I was playing and Magic Online suddenly crashed and I pressed the buttons in an attempt to get back. It turns out that the game recorded what I pressed and still crashed. When I came back to the game, after reopening Magic Online, he understood that I "pressed" the buttons even with him frozen and that cost me the game.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Trinisphere and X spells.

When a spell with X in it's mana cost is cast with Trinisphere on the battlefield, MTGO requires the user to pay 3+X mana in total. To reproduce:
    1) Have a Trinisphere on the battlefield.
    2) Cast Green Sun's Zenith
    3) Pay 4 mana.

Actual: MTGO reports that X is 1.
    Expected: Trinisphere's effect should apply after a value of X is chosen, so we should see that we have paid 3G for Green Sun's Zenith, the total amount of mana paid is 4, and Trinisphere should not affect it. Therefore we should have X=3.

Note that this issue was…

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  2 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Tree of Redemption causes Game Lock

I was playing a draft and my game has been bugged from Tree of Redemption, after playing it and actived the ability my game start doing crazy things and I can't lay nopthing after this...

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Receiving "maintenance" message when servers are up

I'm unable to log in to MTGO, I'm receiving a message that says MTGO is down for scheduled maintenance or is otherwise unavailable and I'm unable to log in to the client. I've checked the server status page and can see that the server is live.
    So far I've tried updating the client, uninstalling and reinstalling the client but I'm still encountering the same issue.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ana Sanctuary doesn't recognize when player control both a blue and black permanent

Ana Sanctuary's 5/5 effect did not work even with both blue and black permanents on the battlefield.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Unable to cast Lutri as Companion

Simply unable to cast my companion, the card itself isn't showing up and when I click the companion space that my mouse is hovered over in the pic, nothing shows up anywhere.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Tree of perdition/Biomass Mutation Glitch

game glitches out when exchanging life total with tree of predition to 1 life.

Steps to Reproduce
    -Tree of perdition in play
    -Play Biomass Mutation for 3, causing all creatures I control to have base stats of 1/1
    -Tap Tree of perdition to switch its toughness of 1 with other players life total
    -Game begins to replay the entire match in fast forward twice until the match restarts

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  6 comments  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base