MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Obosh

Obosh doesn't allow a split card with an odd cmc. I can't put DIscovery/Dispersal in my deck (2cmc/5cmc splitcard = 7cmc card)

10 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Wizards of the Coast
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

In Progress  ·  2 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. AS FORETOLD ELETTRODOMINANCE

1.i have as foretold into the battlefield with 3 counter
    2.it's not possible cast Elettrodominance any way with as foretold as istant or sorcery

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Aether Gust on Klothys does not indicate where opponent puts card

I cast Aether Gust on Klothys at the end of my opponent's turn, he activated relic in response, then it didn't indicate to me whether he put it on top or bottom. It just disappeared and I had no way to know.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Spellskite and Assassin's Trophy

Had a spellskite, tried to redirect an Assassin's Trophy, and it failed to do so. As such I lost my permanent, and also paid 2 life for no effect.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fractured Identity copies +1/+1 counters from Hangarback Walker

1. Opponent casts Fractured Identity on my Hangarback Walker with 4 +1/+1 counters on it.

2. Expected: Fractured Identity resolves, exiling my Hangarback Walker and creating a 0/0 Hangarback Walker with no counters under my opponent's control, which dies after Fractured Identity resolves (first two rulings under Fractured Identity in Gatherer).

3. Actual: Fractured Identity resolves, exiling my Hangarback Walker and creating one with 4 +1/+1 counters under my opponent's control.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  3 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Lotus Field can't be targeted by owner spells

Lotus Field can't be targeted by spells like Twiddle, Dream's Grip and Psychic Puppetry (neither with splice onto arcane) casted by the OWNER. Now I have an entire legal modern deck that became useless. Please, fix it rapidly.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. planar die button will not roll planar die

button for planar die does nothing
    the die works when using fractured power stone

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Counters not put on Ozolith when creatures are put in library

1. Have Ozolith on the Battlefield

2. Have Attacking creatures with +1/+1 counters

3. Opponent casts Aetherspouts

4. Crearures are removed from the battlefield but no counters can be put on Ozolith

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  2 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Skipped priority to copy spells with Lutri, the Spellchaser

Play a deck with Lutri, the Spellchaser as a companion.
    Play a spell you want to copy with Lutri.
    Never receive priority to copy the spells even with Auto-Yields off.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Doubling cube

doubling cube doesn't do anything when tapped

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  4 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Extreme lag when Casualties of War is in deck

I face the same bug in standard leagues: if my opponent has casualties of war in their deck, the game becomes incredibly laggy for both players to the point where it's not really playable.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  3 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Crypt of Agadeem doesn't function

Crypt of Agadeem's second ability does not add any mana.

1. Activate Crypt of Agadeem's second ability with one or more black creature cards in my graveyard.

2. Actual: No mana is generated.

3. Expected: Generate B equal to the number of black creature cards in my graveyard.

Believe this bug was in the old database too. For reference, see Match #227073977, Game # 711553372, jwanders turn 7.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  5 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Yorion Companion condition doesn't work properly in draft and sealed

I have a 60 card draft deck with Yorion in the sideboard and it's telling me that I haven't met the companion condition

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. cards don't work

On MTGO online, there are cards that are not working in standard. Narset's Reversal, Lutri the Spellchaser, and Expansion. I play an instant or sorcery but it's not letting me copy the spell. It only let's me copy if an ability triggers first then i can add it to the stack. But it should let me copy it right after I cast the spell. Please fix these issues as these cards are worth playing in tournament. I've tested it time and time again. Please respond back when you have time.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Game crashed I restart and info not there

I started up the client fresh to play round 2 of the vintage cube and the game client crashed with no input but my clock was ticking down and the button in the client window to pass priority was lit up but unclickable. I restarted the client and the revealed cards and the settings are gone. My clock also shows that I wasn't losing time do to the error.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Issue with Jace, Wielder of Mysteries Win condition

Opponent used Jace, Wielder of Mysteries and used its ability to draw a card and then it caused the player to win the game even though the player had 46 cards left in their library.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Unable to cast Liquid Fire's additional cost

Casting Liquid Fire didn't let me choose a number for its additional cast and defaulted it to 0

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Volrath's Shapeshifter becomes invisible when changing shape, can't be used

When Volrath's Shapeshifter takes on a new shape due to the top card in the graveyard being a creature card, it becomes invisible and cannot be used to attack, block or otherwise interact with.

As can be see in the attached chatlog, the etb ability of the creature in the graveyard still triggered (that creatures being Vendilion Clique).

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bola's Citadel and Repeal

I could not cast repeal from the top of my library with bolas's citadel, I controlled a 0 mana artifact so there was a legal target for x=0

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base