MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Leyline Tyrant

Leyline Tyrant mana ability is bugged. I had 5 mana in the pool, when oponent killed tyrant. I wanted to pay 5 and hit my oponent, but instead 11 mana was counted?! You have to investigate that.

12 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Wizards of the Coast
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stonework Packbeast

Turn 9 in game one I had a stonework packbeast in addition to another warrior, two rogues and two clerics, one of which was archpriest of Iona, yet my party counter was still at 3 and I didn't get my full party trigger

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sheltering Ancient doesn't continue to put counters

Sheltering Ancient was played on my opps side; I had a creature in play. The first cumulative update put a counter on my creature, but all subsequent turns saw the effect not take place.

Did not place counters on eligible creatures on my side of the battlefield after the first cumulative upkeep trigger was performed.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Landfall Mechnanic not working

Opponent played Moraug, Fury of Akoum and played a land in his first main phase. Even though Moraug's landfall ability grants a combat step after this phase, and untaps creatures at the beginning of that combat phase, the opponent attacked with a creature during this bonus attack phase and then the creature untapped at the beginning of his normal attack phase, instead of only untapping at the beginning of the bonus attack phase only. It seemed the way to get the desired result for the opponent would have been to make his land drop in his second main phase instead…

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Game stuck on the loading screen

just spinning. forever. I tried a fresh installation. I tried with a VPN connected to NY and that worked.

39 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. confounding conundrum

confounding conundrum made my opponent bounce his first land entering off a ghost quarter

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. moraug

Morag, Fury of Akrom not working properly. My opponent played a land during their first main phases, but got their additional combat where they untap after their second main phase.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Necra Sanctuary

Necra Sanctuary trigger abillity doesn't work properly.
    When it triggers, and i have a white permanent and a green permanent, my opponent loses only 1 life, but he should have lost 3 life instead. Even if i have a multicolored permanent, that have both colors, green and white, it still doesn't work properly.
    I try to build a deck around this card, but i can't play with the deck properly because of this problem,

45 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Game crashing after connecting

So when I start MTGO, I get the normal "computer is communicating with server" then after it presumably connects, it immediately crashes after yesterday's update. The start-up sound is not heard. This is both and after I uninstalled then reinstalled MTGO.

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Massacre Wurm death triggers do not cause loss of life.

1. Massacre Wurm death triggers do not cause loss of life.

2. Opponent(s) loss of 2 life trigger(s) are put on the stack appropriately.

3. ACTUAL: Trigger(s) resolve without opponent(s) losing any life.

4. EXPECTED: Trigger(s) resolve with opponent(s) losing 2 life per trigger.

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Tajuru Paragon does not allow player selection

My opponent kicked a Tajuru Paragon, 6 cards were revealed with 3 possible targets but i was not informed by the client which card was selected

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. sideboard

Hi,

I cannot sideboard between games. After i press submit i get to the vs screen and then it waits for the clock to tick down to full time. Just before the screen changes from sideboard to the waiting screen the sideboard "changes back". Just a quick flash. This i sooooooo anoying. Have been trying to climb the ladder but without beeing able to sideboard im at a slight disadvantage... On the pic you see the mistcallers i boarded out for game 2...

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Lithoform Engine not giving priority to copy a permanent

I played a Swarm Shambler card to copy the permanent spell with Lithoform Engine, priority was skipped I was with control pressed, aso I was with "no possible play yield all".

To search the problem and read the card I missed time, I won that game but miss the match.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Trinisphere + X Cost Artifacts

I had Trinisphere in play and the client was not allowing me to cast Chalice of the Void for X =1 and pay the aditional cost. It kept just allowing 'Cancel' or 'Adjust' and Never 'Done'. It would only allow adjustments to X = 2 or greater.

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Skyclave Apparition

Op blocked with skyclave appartion and i did not get a token when 4 cmc creature was exiled.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ceta Sanctuary does not recognize second state

Ceta Sanctuary does not recognize second state

27 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Cast Down Playable in Pauper

quando estava faltando no meu relógio 14:20 o oponente usou a carta Cast Down que não pode ser usada.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Mystical Dispute Card Issues

I cast a 3 mana spell (uro) with 4 lands up. My op cast mystical dispute and I tapped my island and clicked my own mystical dispute. Instead of casting my spell, it asked me if I wanted to pay 3 for their mystical dispute (I could not ).

It would not let me untap my island so I floated a blue and had to burn it.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Volrath's Shapeshifter causes a game reset

I activated a Volrath's Shapeshifter and went to click the Hellkite Overlord in my hand. The game stalled, and rebuilt twice before stopping at Turn 1 with our original hands. At that point, the game forced us to yield about five turns each, including discarding to hand size.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  6 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base