MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Scute Swarm causes massive lag

Massive lag due to Scute Swarm, couldn't end game due to timer went down

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Wizards of the Coast
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Volrath's Shapeshifter becomes invisible when changing shape, can't be used

When Volrath's Shapeshifter takes on a new shape due to the top card in the graveyard being a creature card, it becomes invisible and cannot be used to attack, block or otherwise interact with.

As can be see in the attached chatlog, the etb ability of the creature in the graveyard still triggered (that creatures being Vendilion Clique).

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  5 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fiery Confluence does not display modes

Whilst fiery confluence is on the stack, neither the card nor game log indicates what modes have been selected.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Iceberg Cancrix bugged

Target opponent with iceberg cancrix when they only have 1 card left in deck.
    It doesnt resolve for some reason.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Shifty Doppelganger Bug

I was playing the Cultic Cube and played an Eldrazi off of Shifty Doppelganger leaving them at 11 life. EoT the Eldrazi went away but Shifty Doppelganger did not return to the battlefield. Instead I got a face down card next to my lands that did nothing and Shifty Doppelganger was still showing in exile.

Next turn they tapped out of mana and creatures but I could not play my 12/12 in hand with Shifty Doppelgangers to finish the game and subsequently lost the match. Kind of frustrating when you have to pay to enter and can win play points…

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Anticognition

Opponent is casting Vanquish the Weak on my crab at the end of my turn and I have Anticognition in hand with 2 lands up and I am not able to try to cast it.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. party

Party calculation doesn't work properly, as seen in the screenshot attached

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Magic Online "Out of Date" Error Message in Client

MTGO won't allow sign on saying "out of date version. please close client and restart to downloaded latest version" which is followed and no new version has been downloaded. I've attempted uninstalling and re-installing and still run into the same error while attempting to sign in. I've tried rebooting the computer and the same issue happens.

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. If you control Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet, you get a Zombie token when a creature you control owned by an opponent dies

When I cast Crux of Fate to kill all creatures Kalitas exiled the Birds of Paradise I owned that they controlled, when Kalitas specifies it only triggers on creatures of my controlling dying. The Zombie Token resulting from this trigger was then able to attack and kill a planeswalker next turn when that zombie shouldn't have been in play

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  3 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. trade binder

mtgo just forever freezes when attempt to access collection and navigate binders

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Confusion in the Ranks Not Triggering Properly

Confusion in the Ranks is not triggering properly. Steps are:

1. A creature, artifact, or enchantment enters play while Confusion in the Ranks is on the battlefield AND there are legal targets.

2. Upon entering, that permanent MUST be swapped with another of the same type that another player controls.

3. Actual: The trigger does not activate properly and no swap occurs.

4. Expected: The permanent entering the battlefield should be swapped with another of the same type that another player controls.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Lithoform Engine unable to activate modes

In my previous league I drafted the card Lithoform Engine, but it didn't work. I could cast the card, but couldn't activate any modes of the artifact.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Failure to Submit/Missing or Extra Cards in Sideboard

When a player is unable to submit their sideboard due, often giving an error message, and often for having having 14 or 16 cards in their constructed sideboard.

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Coveted Jewel triggers when opponent's attack is blocked

Coveted Jewel triggered when I blocked my opponent's one attacking creature with one of mine

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Laggy client since Zendikar Rising

Since the Zendikar Rising update the client has been lagging constantly, making it almost impossible to play. I am a hardcore MTGO fan and I am thinking about leaving the platform because of this.

My configuration is way above the recommended requirements and I have to restart the client BETWEEN games in order to reset the lag.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Karn Liberated in Double Master drafts cause game restart

During a Double Masters Sealed League I activated the -14 ability of Karn Liberated. This did not end well. First the entire game up to that point was auto-replayed twice, taking several minutes. Then, a new game was started, with none of the permanents exiled by Karn in play, and both players' timers reset to 25:00. Our stops also didn't work, and priority auto-passed for me and my opponent to our cleanup steps for the first 20-30 turns of the game (before eventually working again).

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Folio of Fancies second ability in multiplayer

Folio of Fancies imills each opponent equal to the number of cards in ALL opponents hands, not the amount for each opponent in each opponents hand.

4 player game, each player has 10 cards in hand. Folio of Fancies second ability activated, 3 players mill 30. Should be each player mills 10.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base