MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shuffle bug

ogni volta che mescolo il mazzo ripesco la stessa identica carta. Questa cosa non solo mi ha fatto perdere infiniti soldi ma anche salute. facciamo qualcosa velocemente che già il gioco sta diventando hearthstone se poi anche le carte normali non funzionano come dovrebbero facciamo prima a smettere tutti.
    sperando che prima o poi ritorni un gioco normale...

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Wizards of the Coast
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Oko + ability bug

I used my oko planeswalker + ability to elk a 3/3 marit lage and it retained indestructible and flying and would not die to lethal damage from being in combat with another elk

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. As Foretold not working with spells with X in their mana cost

The card As Foretold with two charge counters on it (or more than 2 counters on it) is not working with Electrodominance or Finale of promise. I can't cast those spells for X equal to 0.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  4 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bolas's Citadel and Rakdo's Return

I had out Bolas's Citadel. Rakdos's return was on top and game would not allow me to cast it.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  3 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. sages of the anima locks draw step

Sages of the Anima reads that noncreature cards in the top three go to the bottom of my library, but MTGO only gives me the option to keep them on top, so every draw step I eventually am just seeing the same three cards (and not drawing them!)

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Pia's Revolution does not deal damage if opponent desision is to put in into graveyard

Pia's Revolution "Whenever a nontoken artifact is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, return that card to your hand unless target opponent has Pia's Revolution deal 3 damage to them."

1. Opponent chooses to give it back to your hand. -THIS WORKS.

2. Opponent chooses to keep it in graveyard. They take 0 damage.

Problem: They are supposed to take 3.

And I do understand, that the card can't be exiled or removed during this process, and that is not the case. I've tested it several times today and 0 damage is always the output :D

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  5 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Zirda, the Dawnwaker can't be companion with Parcelbeast

1. Have Zirda, the Dawnwaker in the sideboard

2. have Parcelbeast maindeck

3. Actual: On hover Zirda indicates : 'Companion's deck requirement not met'
      3a. Right clicking on Zirda and clicking on 'Show cards incompatible with companion' highlights Parcelbeast

4. Expected : Zirda, the Dawnwaker indicating 'This creature can be this deck's companion' with no option to show cards incompatible with companion

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Gyruda, Doom of Depths doesn't work with leyline of the void/rest in peace

Filing here just to let mtgo staff know about this bug. Gyruda tracks where the milled cards go, so leyline/rest in peace should not affect the ability. I don't need reimbursement but I would like this fixed because it's an important interaction and there are several large events this weekend.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. If you control Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet, you get a Zombie token when a creature you control owned by an opponent dies

When I cast Crux of Fate to kill all creatures Kalitas exiled the Birds of Paradise I owned that they controlled, when Kalitas specifies it only triggers on creatures of my controlling dying. The Zombie Token resulting from this trigger was then able to attack and kill a planeswalker next turn when that zombie shouldn't have been in play

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Game Replay loop

Game restarted and looped a replay when I cast Granted and chose Casualties of War from my Sideboard. it will not allow me to replay the game footage.

Event# 228325646 Game 2

1. Cast Granted

2. Select Casualties of War

3. Actual: Game Completely restarts and automatically replays from beginning at increased speed; Opponent says it happened to them as well.

4. Expected: Casualties of War to go into hand and continue the game.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. manamorphose doesn't give option to select color

i casted a manamorphose and i haven't the possibilty to chose the colors to add in my pool.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Heartless Act does not remove counters on Stonecoil Serpent

1. opponent has stonecoil serpent with 3 counters

2. I play Heartless Act attempting to remove its counters and kill it

3. After selecting it, prompt dissapears and counters do not fall off :(

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. ffa player leaving ( from inactivity) before game stats causes all players to keep hand

a player leaving ( due to 4 min of inactivity) an stops the "mulligan" options from happening and starts the game

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Current Vintage Major Bug List- Yawgmoth Will, Crucible of Worlds, Repeal

Crucible of Worlds - Lets you play lands from the OP graveyard. Note: It let me play a 2nd land one time due to inventors fair sacing to the legend rule

Yawgmoth's Will- Lets you play cards from the OP graveyard.

Repeal- Can not be cast for X=0 off the top of the library with Bolas Citadel in play.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Kaheera marks Changelings as ineligible during Deck Construction

If you have Changelings in your deck, Kaheera says that her companion requirements are not met during deck construction.

However, if one actually starts a game, it does work, so it's not a big issue.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Issue with Gyruda, Doom of Depths effect not working properly with Leyline of the void/ Rest in Peace effects

The new car from Ikoria "Gyruda, Doom of Depths" is not working properly when there is a Leyline of the Void/Rest in Peace face up on the field. Gyruda's effect is supposed to work and track cards even if they are exiled by replacement effects like Rest in Peace. Card is supposed to return any creature even if they are not in the graveyard. Mtgo is not letting this effect resolve as It was supposed to do.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Tree of Perdition and Tree of Redemption cause match to glitch.

Tree of Perdition and Redemption cause the match replay from turn one whenever you select a player after their ability is activated.
    Steps are:

1. Play either Tree of Perdition or Tree of Redemption.

2. On any turn after they're played use their ability to exchange their toughness for opponents/your life total.

3. Actual: Causes game to replay from turn on multiple times.

4. Expected: Toughness and life total to exchange.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Soul-Scar Mage is bugged

I cast lava dart onto arcbound worker as a control a soul scar mage. When it dies it has no counters on it but it did trigger its modular ability still

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base