MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dega Sanctuary does not gain a player 4 life instead of 2, even if you control the right color permanents

Dega Sanctuary does not gain a player 4 life instead of 2, even if you control the right color permanents

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Wizards of the Coast
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Thrun and equipment

Ok, so I built a vultron commander deck with Thrun the Last Troll as the commander but whenever I try to equip him, the whole point and strategy of the deck, it will not allow me to select Thrun as a target even though he has hexproof and not shroud. Please help me.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Swallow Whole

Swallow Whole is not working.

In the game, it came back to my turn, so everything is untapped and I have creatures. I went to cast Swallow Whole and it wouldn't do anything. I had the mana and the creature for the additional cast, but it was like clicking on empty space. No acknowledgement of even trying to cast a spell, like pay W or pick target.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Once my opponent cast Phyrexian Metamorph copying Lavinia, Azorius Renegade the game reset itself and we were stuck

Once my opponent cast Phyrexian Metamorph copying Lavinia, Azorius Renegade the game reset itself and we were stuck so that we both took our turns but moved immediately to discard and so we were both stuck.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Buried Alive does not allow you to selet the graveyard order

When Buried Alive is resolved, it does not allow you to select the order of cards placed in your graveyard. As the card does not specify this one way or the other, according to:

404.3. If an effect or rule puts two or more cards into the same graveyard at the same time, the owner of those cards may arrange them in any order.

This affects the interaction of Buried Alive and Corpse Dance in Vintage Cube.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Yorion, Sky Nomad bugs out the replay system

I watched a replay of a Pioneer match I played where I and my opponent both had a companion (Lurrus of the Dream-Den for me, Yorion for my opponent). Neither companion appeared for the duration of the match in the replays. When someone cast their companion, the replay shows that player floating mana and then passing the turn. When I put Auras on my Lurrus, the chat replay reported inaccurate game actions (ie. putting a creature aura on a History of Benalia that wasn't even in play).

Steps to reproduce:

Start a game where one player has Lurrus as their…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Game restarted and self-played

3 pod in Commander Open Play

I play Golos superfriends, against Sisay Legendary, against Meren. It started to get buggy mid-game when the Monarch was introduced (which messed up the card alignment).

My board became insane with multiple walkers, enchantments, and creatures. There were about 60 permanents on my field including emblems, then I ultimate'd Sorin, Grim Nemesis, after Primeval's Glorious Rebirth, multiple instances of Ajani, the Greathearted proliferating as well as Nicol-Bolas, Dragon-God proliferating too using that same effect. Sorin's ulti would have created about 60 vampire tokens.

The game then stalled, then restarted, and began to replay the…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Evra, Halcyon Witness - Bug

I had the rewind bug happen to me right after I switched life totals with Evra during the 'declare attackers' step. The game-mode was normal Commander with 4 players.

I was at a normal health (40), and have more than enough RAM to run MTGO (16Gb). I suspect the card is bugged.

Edit #1: I managed to reproduce it in another game, where I activated her when there was a single opponent left, during the first main phase. The game still crashed.

This confirms that the card has an error, and must be fixed ASAP.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  3 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. tidal warrior ability bug

Tidal warrior does not grant the Island type when used on lands.

Example:
    1: Opponent has a basic Plains.
    2: Use Tidal Warrior's ability to turn it into a Island.
    3: Land loses Plains type, does not gain Island type.
    4: Land can not be used for mana, and does not generate mana.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Emergent ultimatum does not let you cast spells

I played emergent ultimatum and nothing happened

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Crucible of Worlds - Opponent access to my Graveyard

Opponent played my strip mine out of my graveyard whilst we both had crucible of worlds in play (screenshot is from start of turn after it occurred).

Game was Game 3 of Event #230018003. Was my fourth round of league.

Edit: Crucible of Worlds text 'You may play lands from your graveyard' so he should not have been able to play my land.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Mythos of Iluna copy creature with counters

My opponent cast a Mythos of Iluna to copy my Ivy Elemental (with 4 +1/+1+ counters and a menace counter). From my understanding this should have given them a 0/0 Ivy Elemental that died immediately.

Instead they got an Ivy Elemental with 4 +1/+1 counters. Interestingly they did not get the menace counter, so they got one type of counter but not the other.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Booby Trap

Hey y'all.

Booby Trap's "name a card" ability doesn't work.

Expected: Name any card that is not a basic land.

Actual: Only allows me to name a non-basic land.

:(

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  4 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Breaching Leviathan

The card Breaching Leviathan does not work properly on MTGO. I have cast it twice now and both times it has not worked as written.

1. Cast Breaching Leviathan

2. All nonblue creatures become tapped and DO NOT untap during their next untap step.

3. Actual: Nonblue creatures tapped with Breaching Leviathan DO untap during their next untap step.

4. Expected: Nonblue creatures tapped with Breaching Leviathan DO NOT untap during their next untap step.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mystical Dispute not letting me cast

My opponent cast a spell that I responded to with Aether Gust and they responded and cast mystical dispute on the gust, I went to click my own dispute to counter back on the opponent's dispute but it wouldn't let me cast it and my opponent's spell resolved

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Oko doesn't turn off abilities on Kaheera

I have a Kaheera, the Orphanguard, and a Shifting Ceratops on the battlefield. My opponent played Oko, Thief of Crowns, and turned Kaheera into an Elk. This did not remove the tribal bonuses Kaheera would normally grant to my Ceratops; it still had +1/+1 and vigilance from Kaheera's abilities. Screenshot attached.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  2 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Volrath's Shapeshifter causes a game reset

I activated a Volrath's Shapeshifter and went to click the Hellkite Overlord in my hand. The game stalled, and rebuilt twice before stopping at Turn 1 with our original hands. At that point, the game forced us to yield about five turns each, including discarding to hand size.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Godsend

Godsend does not prevent the opposing player from casting the exiled spell

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  7 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. "Application cannot be started" error whenever I download an update

Whenever I open the exe, and there is an update, after install, it can never open MTGO. I have to uninstall all of MTGO and reinstall. Please fix this! It has been going on for at least a year. Look at attached error file.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Command Zone Not Visible in Multiplayer

when i watch a game of 4 player commander i cannot see the other player's command zones

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  2 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base