MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. victim of night

The game does not allow me to cast the card at any point of the game.
    I played 3 games where I was unable to select it to cast it.
    Please look into this.

Thank you :)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dungeon of the Mad Mage Runestone Caverns won't play 2nd card

When I got into the dungeon level of "runestone caverns", it says "exile 2 cards, you may play them. MODO used to let me play them even the turn after, but it seems to be fixed.

Although this time it doesn't let me play the 2nd card. When I click on the card I want to play, I can cast it, but cannot ever play the land in this case (land being the 2nd card) which led me to not be able to cast the spell in my hand. Dungeon level says "you may play them" so both of the…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. thrilling discovery did not require discard step

my oponent plays a card that gives him the option to discard two cards and draw trhee cards hi didnt discard the cards but he or she draws three anyways

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. unable to join queue

Since the update today I am "Unable to Join Queue". I've tried every mode and none of them work.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Esper Sentinel spent mana even when choosing 'No'

I was playing at the end of my opponent's turn and they owned an Esper Sentinel. I had 4 mana in my pool and played Eledamri's Call at the end of the turn, Esper Sential triggered and i pressed 'No' to Esper Sentinel's trigger to let my opponent draw a card. I did and it happened to not only spend my mana but my opponent also drew the card so that caused for me to lose that game.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Tainted Adversary ability won't trigger even after paying required mana cost

When I played my Tainted Adversary I tapped three mana so I could use the ability but it wouldn't let me pay for it. the only option I had was to press the ok button but I never got the ability.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Expressive Iteration won't Undo action properly

Attempting to Undo the choice of what card a player would like to add to their hand with CTRL+Z, doesn't work to undo the action. Instead, it puts the mistakenly chosen card back into a player's hand. Then, it doesn't allow the player to make a decision on putting the intended or different card into the player's hand.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Portent doesn't work

When I cast Portent targeting my opponent, I received a "Look at the cards" prompt and then had to wait for my opponent while he rearranged the cards. I asked in chat and confirmed that he received the opportunity to rearrange the cards. This bug didn't allow me to cast the card properly and ruined two of my games. I would appreciate a reimbursement, and it would be great if this bug could be fixed. It seems to happen every time. Thank you.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Rootha's ability does not work

During my match Rootha's ability did not allow me to activate it to copy the spells... It was this match
    https://c2n.me/4bISjfX.png

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. game restarted

game restarted and replayed every turn since turn one, this repeated a few times then the game restarted with new hands, fresh clock, but kept the old game log. while making this report the game ended in a draw.... (was played in commander legends draft) no one got votes and that was it.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ozolith and Inkmoth Nexus with counters

When an animated Inkmoth Nexus with +1/+1 counters dies, The Ozolith does not trigger

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. angel's grace

i played Angel's Grace off a Duathi Voidwalker. my opponent then cast Thassa's Oracle, and was able to win.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Sunset revelry doesn't draw card

1. Opponent has more life, more creatures in play, and 5 cards in hand to my 3.
    2. While sunset revelry was resolving, I had 3 cards in hand and opponent had 5.
    3. Did not draw a card from sunset revelry
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. rakdos showstopper

rakdos showstopper does not trigger when he enters the battlefield

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Promoted to Mythic during AFR Premier Draft, am now Tier 0 beginner and wins are being ignored

As described in the title. Rank got bugged and now I end up in somewhat appropriate matchups (diamond opponents in constructed and limited - should be diamond 4 constructed, mythic limited ATM), but there aren't any results. I won the 4th game of the draft I encountered the bug in, and I'm still 3-0 according to the event page.

Uploads show the promotion during game 3, my profile afterward, and the following game 4 of the draft (which I won and the result was ignored).

My account is effectively unusable right now... was hoping to grind over this long weekend…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. worship

worship does nothing

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Auto skip

If I take more than five seconds to do an action in my main phase it will skip to the end of the turn.

165 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Crypt Incursion - Stalling game

When casting Crypt Incursion (targeting my opponent) the creature cards are exiled, I gain life, but then the game stalls. The spell never seems to resolve.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Approach of the Second Sun will keep on automatically casting itself once put on the stack

Casting Approach of the Second Sun in a Pioneer game, through the ability of omniscience having less than 7 cards in my library makes approach never leave the stack, and repeat casting the original copy. This makes me unable to do anything on my turn, and eventually time out.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Shepherd of Heroes remains on stack

Serious, MTGO breaking bug:

I cast shepherd of heroes and the life gain ability goes on the stack. Both players pass priority, I gain two life, and then... the same ability goes immediately back on the stack! We both pass priority, and it goes on the stack again... my opponent and I begin chatting about what could be happening while I gain infinite life. I get to around 100 when I try auto passing (f6), which breaks the chain. Our game continues, but he bounces the angel to my hand. At that point, I know I can f6 to get…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base