MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A bugged Kresh with 400 (maximum) counters

Hi!

I've attached a name-sanitised screenshot of a gamestate which happened tonight. There was a lot of +1/+1 counter stuff happening so we're not sure what caused this, but 400+ creatures definitely did not die...

The match and game details are in the screenshot too if that's of any help.

Thankyou,
    -- r10pez10

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Wizards of the Coast
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. fortune's favor is bugged

i didnt get to chose which pike was face up and face down when my opponent cast fortunes favor

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. erratic mutation is bugged

I cast erratic mutation on my opponents blitz leech. It died, but mtgo did not reveal any cards or let me see what was put on the bottom.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. uro escape and not escaped both on battlefield same turn

I played a uro from my hand while having escaped one in the same turn and I was unable to tell which one was escaped and which one was not and ended up having both be killed after legend rule and the sac trigger when I wanted to keep the untapped one I had just escaped.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Rat Colony

Text on card is "A deck can have any number of cards named Rat Colony", but I am capped at 4 copies.

Actual: Creation of any deck with (4) copies of Rat Colony (regardless of format).

Expected: Creation of any deck with any number of cards named Rat Colony (regardless of format)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Tournament time is an issue.

How do you want MOL to grow if time is an issue? The program is VERY slow.
    The program keeps crashing, wasting a lot of time. I can't play tournaments for 25 min. It is very little time due to the slowness of the program.
    I ask you to review this, as I will not continue to play at MOL (or Arena) if I continue with such a short time for the tournament.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Playing on Parallels (MAC) Virtual Machine

Lag, disconnects, and other connection based errors related to playing Magic Online using a Virtual Machine running Windows OS on a Mac.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mind Bend

Mind Bend's color word changing doesn't work, only it's basic land type changing.
    I cast it, targeting my commander, Momir Vig, Simic Visionary.
    I expect to be able to change the word blue to green, like when I use Alter Reality or Glamerdye (this isn't a widespread problem), but instead I am only able to change land types mentioned.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Melek Izzet Paragon Test

Melek, Izzet Paragon did not work for me.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. expansion

Cannot target Eldritch Evolution on the stack

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ram Through does not cause creature removal from caster

my opponent cast Ram Through mid combat targeting his 2/4. I had 2 different creatures with more than 2 toughness. I lost both of mine and he did not lose his creature.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Windswept Heath does not fetch properly

II'm in the middle of a game and when trying to search for land (using a fetch land), the land to select

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Stand or fall piles returned incorrectly

During an invasion block draft league, I cast the enchantment Stand or Fall.

• On the combat step of the same turn, the trigger went onto the stack and I sorted my opponents creatures into two piles.

• My opponents creatures never left the piles and did not return to his side of the board, remaining in the piles windows after the combat step had finished.

• This continued for multiple turns, with subsequent triggers on my combat step placing my opponents creatures in the piles each turn, where they remained for the rest of the game.

• This was very confusing for both…
    2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast

The Construct created by Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast says "Defender" and "This creature gets +1/+1 for each artifact you control", even though Daretti's +1 ability does not say to create a 0/0 Construct, it just says create a 1/1 Construct with Defender.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Gorm the Great Cannot Be Blocked When Attacking Multiple Players

The following happened in a 4-player game of multiplayer commander. Screenshot is attached for reference.

Repro steps:

1) Active player (P1) attacks P3 with Glissa, the Traitor and Solemn Simulacrum, and attacks P4 with Gorm the Great and Virtus the Veiled.
    2) During declare blockers step, P3 attempts to block only Solemn Simulacrum. This should be a legal block as Gorm is attacking P4.
    3) Actual: No configuration of blockers allows P3 to assign blockers, every configuration is given a warning: "Illegal blocking - Gorm the Great must be blocked if able."
    4) Expected: P3 is able to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. "always yes(or no) to this triggered ability" no longer an option in right click context menu

Cards with triggered may abilities used to have a option to automatically yes or no the trigger, this option is no longer avalible and with decks that stack many of these triggers the result can be several minutes of time loss in a match as the result of having to click yes to each trigger. Did work about a week ago in early/mid june and is no longer working as of june 28th.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Season Pyromancer stopped working

Opponent attacks while I have seasoned pyromancer in graveyard

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Crypt Rats Not Affected by Mutagenic Growht

As you can see in the screenshots, my opponent had a Crypt Rats on the field.
    During his main phase he pays 5 mana for Crypt Rats but puts zero damage on the stack(That is weird already).
    I let it resolve, and after that he uses all the 5 mana and puts 5 damage on the stack(now is for real).
    I had a 4/4 creature on the field that I wanted to survive that with my mutagenic growth.
    I cast Mutagenic Growth, it resolves making my creature 6/6 and the 5 damage from Crypt Rats resolve, killing everything but Akroan…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. MOCS point

After the end of the modern challenge today, my MOCs points (64) of my collection have disappeared. After that, I did 4-1 in a Modern League and the MOCS qualifier points are not appearing in my collection.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The wrong player controls the delayed trigger abilities for flickerwisp and charming prince

If I own flickerwisp or charming prince, and I play it from my hand, then I control the ETB trigger. Therefore, I should also control the delayed trigger that the ETB trigger creates. That is not the case on mtgo in situations where my opponent somehow gains control of flickerwisp or charming prince by the time the delayed trigger is about to be put on the stack. This affects stacking order.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base