MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Necra Sanctuary

Necra Sanctuary trigger abillity doesn't work properly.
    When it triggers, and i have a white permanent and a green permanent, my opponent loses only 1 life, but he should have lost 3 life instead. Even if i have a multicolored permanent, that have both colors, green and white, it still doesn't work properly.
    I try to build a deck around this card, but i can't play with the deck properly because of this problem,

44 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Wizards of the Coast
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Massacre Wurm death triggers do not cause loss of life.

1. Massacre Wurm death triggers do not cause loss of life.

2. Opponent(s) loss of 2 life trigger(s) are put on the stack appropriately.

3. ACTUAL: Trigger(s) resolve without opponent(s) losing any life.

4. EXPECTED: Trigger(s) resolve with opponent(s) losing 2 life per trigger.

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. lag

I've been playing vintage cube last week and I've been met with an annoying problem. Sometimes when I pass priority or want to click OK, the client lags but my timer goes down. This usually takes 20-30 seconds before going on. It happens several times in a match which can cost me up to 4-5 minutes of my clock.

41 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Game crashing after connecting

So when I start MTGO, I get the normal "computer is communicating with server" then after it presumably connects, it immediately crashes after yesterday's update. The start-up sound is not heard. This is both and after I uninstalled then reinstalled MTGO.

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Regular crashing

MTG Arena regularly crashes but unable to obtain any details from the log on next sign in. Crash occurs at least once per match, most times when attempting to access the store and every time attempting to access the mastery tree. Further if the crash occurs mid-match I can restart the software and rejoin the match but at the end of match the game stalls at the victory/defeat screen which is only resolved by ALT+F4 and restart.

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ceta Sanctuary does not recognize second state

Ceta Sanctuary does not recognize second state

25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Shifty Doppelganger Bug

I was playing the Cultic Cube and played an Eldrazi off of Shifty Doppelganger leaving them at 11 life. EoT the Eldrazi went away but Shifty Doppelganger did not return to the battlefield. Instead I got a face down card next to my lands that did nothing and Shifty Doppelganger was still showing in exile.

Next turn they tapped out of mana and creatures but I could not play my 12/12 in hand with Shifty Doppelgangers to finish the game and subsequently lost the match. Kind of frustrating when you have to pay to enter and can win play points…

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Extreme lag when Casualties of War is in deck

I face the same bug in standard leagues: if my opponent has casualties of war in their deck, the game becomes incredibly laggy for both players to the point where it's not really playable.

30 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  6 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Cruel Reality doesn't cause cursed player to lose 5 life

Summary of the problem:

Cruel Reality is expected to have cursed opponent to lose 5 life if they can't sacrifice a planeswalker or creature during their upkeep.

A list of steps that led to the problem:

Used Academy Rector's dies ability to put Cruel Reality into play. Waited until upkeep.

The actual result:

No loss of life

What you expected or should have happened:

Loss of life

See game: 726576052 from match: 230815941

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The game skipped my turn.

The game just skipped the rest of my turn after it drew my card. I didn't auto yield through it or click through it. I lost that match.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. If you control Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet, you get a Zombie token when a creature you control owned by an opponent dies

When I cast Crux of Fate to kill all creatures Kalitas exiled the Birds of Paradise I owned that they controlled, when Kalitas specifies it only triggers on creatures of my controlling dying. The Zombie Token resulting from this trigger was then able to attack and kill a planeswalker next turn when that zombie shouldn't have been in play

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  2 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Crown-Hunter Hireling not added to collection

1. I opened a Crown-Hunter Hireling in a set of Treasure Chests I opened. Crown-Hunter has not appeared in my collection, and is not searchable even with quantity set to 0.

2. I opened the Crown-Hunter Hireling then tried to look for it.

3. I couldn't find it, even with quantity set to 0 or browsing through my red commons.

4. I should be able to find it given I opened it.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Trinisphere + X Cost Artifacts

I had Trinisphere in play and the client was not allowing me to cast Chalice of the Void for X =1 and pay the aditional cost. It kept just allowing 'Cancel' or 'Adjust' and Never 'Done'. It would only allow adjustments to X = 2 or greater.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Counters not put on Ozolith when creatures are put in library

1. Have Ozolith on the Battlefield

2. Have Attacking creatures with +1/+1 counters

3. Opponent casts Aetherspouts

4. Crearures are removed from the battlefield but no counters can be put on Ozolith

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  2 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ana Sanctuary doesn't recognize when player control both a blue and black permanent

Ana Sanctuary's 5/5 effect did not work even with both blue and black permanents on the battlefield.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Unable to cast Lutri as Companion

Simply unable to cast my companion, the card itself isn't showing up and when I click the companion space that my mouse is hovered over in the pic, nothing shows up anywhere.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base