MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I can't create an account

I can't create an account! Please help me!

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Wizards of the Coast
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Creature cards entering the battlefield as non-creature permanents gain riot with Rhythm of the Wild

Rhythm of the Wild gives riot to creature cards entering the battlefield as non-creature permanents, such as the Theros gods.

Steps to reproduce:

P1: Wish for and play Rhythm of the Wild.
    P1: Wish for and play Nylea, God of the Hunt.
    Actual result: P1 is prompted to choose to have Nylea enter with a +1/+1 counter or haste.

Expected result: Nylea does not have riot.

Notes:

Issue occurs with all God cards from Theros Beyond Death, Theros, Born of the Gods, and Journey into Nyx, as well as Arixmethes, Slumbering Isle.
    From the rules for Rhythm of the Wild…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. tabernacle at pendrell vale pay issue

My opponent and I both were unable to pay for our tabernacle triggers and lost all of our creatures. We both tapped all of our lands to be able to pay, but then it would not let us use any of the mana to pay for our creatures.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. i dont receive redwars

I enter a game and everything goes well, I win it and when I go out to receive the reward for victory (gold, cards or experience) the game skips the delivery and they do not give me the reward, it happens often, at least 1 out of 5 games won

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Archmage's Charm and Utopia Sprawl

I tried to use Archmage's charm to take control of my opponent's Utopia Sprawl, but nothing happened.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Flier was blocked and killed by non flying token creature

my flier was blocked and killed by non flying token creature

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. no cards to draw and other player wins

so i just had a game where the other player had no cards in his library and he didn't lose and then tried to get even more card when he had no cards in his draw phase the other play had no cards how did he win the other player had a green and black deck

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Rogue Skycaptain

Rogue Skycaptain is bugged in my favour! Steps are:

1. Rogue Skycaptain reads: "At the beginning of your upkeep, put a wage counter on Rogue Skycaptain. You may pay {2} for each wage counter on it. If you don't, remove all wage counters from Rogue Skycaptain and an opponent gains control of it."

2. In my upkeep, it asks me if I want to pay {0} to prevent this.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Face down cards exiled with summoner's egg and clone shell can me seen by opponent if they gain control of them

based on what i read in rule 406.3

not even i should be able to see whats exiled under those cards once i exile it face down as i have never been given permission to loot at it.. and even if i can see it somehow... when i gift it to my opponent via generous gift or bazar trader they should NOT be able to see the card i exiled

this can be seen in game 709538596

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  2 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Jaya's Greeting doesn't place card on top of the library

I was playing war of the spark, I played jaya's greeting witch allowed me to scy one, I did and I chose to keep on the top, but in my draw step I draw different card with change the game status, thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Eerie Ultimatum

I cast Eerie Ultimatum, targeting 4 creatures in my graveyard to bring back to the battlefield, and when the spell resolved, nothing was brought back.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Seal of Fire and Obosh, Prey Piercer

My opponent had an obosh, prey piercer in play and a seal of fire on the battlefield. They used seal of fire's ability, targeting one of my creatures. In response I cast cryptic command to bounce their obosh, prey piercer. The cryptic command resolved and obosh was back in their hand. When the ability from seal of fire resolved it did 4 damage instead of 2 damage, even though obosh was not on the battlefield. This resulted in me losing my most important creature on the battlefield when I believe it should have only taken 2 damage.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Nezahal, Primal Tide

Nezahal's card-draw ability still triggers even when transformed into an entirely different creature (in this case by Metamorphic Alteration).

1. Cast Metamorphic Alteration on Nezahal, Primal Tide, transforming it into another creature

2. Cast another non-creature spell.

3. Actual effect: the creature Nezahal has become still causes a card-draw trigger

4. Expected effect: None. Nezahal should only have the abilities of the creature it has become

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Exile zone not able to scroll

In a 4 player game of EDH while using Pako to exile cards, the exile zone would not scroll down or move when using the down button to move the cards in exile. This makes it impossible to see cards that have been exiled past a certain point and prevents one from casting the spells exiled this way. Another player using Pako in the same game said they had the same issue.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. With Harmonic Sliver under your control, tokens created by Sliver Hive don't gain Harmonic Sliver's triggered ability

-Activate sliver hive (5, tap: put a 1/1 colorless sliver creature token onto the battlefield...)
    -Ability resolves with a harmonic sliver(all slivers have "when this permanent enters the battlefield, destroy target artifact or enchantment") on board.
    -ETB trigger does not trigger. Nothing on board to prevent the trigger from triggering.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Painter's Servant and Scale Up

1. Cast Painter's Servant naming Blue

2. Opponent activates Inkmoth Nexus

3. Opponent casts Scale Up targeting Inkmoth Nexus which resolves.

4. Cast Pyroblast targeting Inkmoth Nexus during Declare Attackers

5. Actual: It lives

6. Expected: It dies

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Illuna Apex of Wishes and Nissa Mutate Glitch

Illuna and Nissa produced a glitch.

1. I had nissa who shakes the world on the field and used her ability on a land making a 0/0 elemental with 3 +1/+1 tokens on it,

2. Next turn I mutated a illuna apex of wishes onto the 3/3 elemental land I then picked for illuna to go over the elemental land

3. Actual: the Illuna came down as just a 3/3.

4. Expected: the Illuna should have came down as a 9/9 as Illuna itself is 6/6 and should have gained the 3 +1/+1 counters

I am attaching my game log file your review. It…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Emergent Ultimatum doesn't put chosen card back into the library

I was playing my match and my opponent played Emergent Ult. I selected unbroken bond to be shuffled back into deck and it shuffled a different card back

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base