MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Karn Liberated in Double Master drafts cause game restart

During a Double Masters Sealed League I activated the -14 ability of Karn Liberated. This did not end well. First the entire game up to that point was auto-replayed twice, taking several minutes. Then, a new game was started, with none of the permanents exiled by Karn in play, and both players' timers reset to 25:00. Our stops also didn't work, and priority auto-passed for me and my opponent to our cleanup steps for the first 20-30 turns of the game (before eventually working again).

10 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Wizards of the Coast
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Folio of Fancies second ability in multiplayer

Folio of Fancies imills each opponent equal to the number of cards in ALL opponents hands, not the amount for each opponent in each opponents hand.

4 player game, each player has 10 cards in hand. Folio of Fancies second ability activated, 3 players mill 30. Should be each player mills 10.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Lithoform Engine unable to activate modes

In my previous league I drafted the card Lithoform Engine, but it didn't work. I could cast the card, but couldn't activate any modes of the artifact.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Merfolk Trickster does not remove "lord" effects

Merfolk Trickster is not removing "lord" effects from other creatures when the lord is targeted by its ETB ability. This has happened to me twice, with two different lords.

1. Opponent has Kaheera, the Orphanguard and attacks with several 1/1 cat tokens that are 2/2 and have vigilance because of Kaheera's effect. In declare attackers, I cast Merfolk Trickster and target Kaheera. It becomes tapped and loses abilities. But the cat tokens are still 2/2 and I can't make a good block.

2. Opponent has several rats and Piper of the Swarm, which gives rats menace. In declare attackers, I cast Merfolk…

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  2 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Shatterskull Smash BUG - X must be less than 6 or greater than 11 and even

Hello,

Shatterskull Smashing is bugged. When targeting 2 creatures X must be less than 6 or greater than 11 and even. When targeting 1 creature you can use an uneven number less than 6.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Landfall Mechnanic not working

Opponent played Moraug, Fury of Akoum and played a land in his first main phase. Even though Moraug's landfall ability grants a combat step after this phase, and untaps creatures at the beginning of that combat phase, the opponent attacked with a creature during this bonus attack phase and then the creature untapped at the beginning of his normal attack phase, instead of only untapping at the beginning of the bonus attack phase only. It seemed the way to get the desired result for the opponent would have been to make his land drop in his second main phase instead…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Combine Guildmage is bugged

Combine Guildmage's second doesn’t work. Steps are:

1. I have a Vivien's Grizzly with a +1+1 counter, and a Combine Guildmage

2. I try to activate the ability of Combine Guild mage

3. Actual: I can see just the first ability of Combine Guildmage (1G,...)

4. Expected: I can see both abilities of Combine Guilsmage

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. confounding conundrum

confounding conundrum made my opponent bounce his first land entering off a ghost quarter

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Confusion in the Ranks Not Triggering Properly

Confusion in the Ranks is not triggering properly. Steps are:

1. A creature, artifact, or enchantment enters play while Confusion in the Ranks is on the battlefield AND there are legal targets.

2. Upon entering, that permanent MUST be swapped with another of the same type that another player controls.

3. Actual: The trigger does not activate properly and no swap occurs.

4. Expected: The permanent entering the battlefield should be swapped with another of the same type that another player controls.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Augury Aminatou

aminatou augury bugged. When you cast it you choose and land adn then it only lets you choose 1 card to cast and then the ability to cast more cards goes away. I cast the card in 2 different matches and it did the same thing both times.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. trade binder

mtgo just forever freezes when attempt to access collection and navigate binders

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Unwilling Recruit causes game restart

I casted Unwilling Recruit on his creature with X=6 and the game crashed as the spell resolved. It went through the whole replay of the game before eventually restarting the whole match and putting 25 mins back on the clock for each of us.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. sideboard

Hi,

I cannot sideboard between games. After i press submit i get to the vs screen and then it waits for the clock to tick down to full time. Just before the screen changes from sideboard to the waiting screen the sideboard "changes back". Just a quick flash. This i sooooooo anoying. Have been trying to climb the ladder but without beeing able to sideboard im at a slight disadvantage... On the pic you see the mistcallers i boarded out for game 2...

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Floodchaser unable to activate ability

Floodchaser cannot use its ability to turn a basic into an Island. The ability will resolve and the basic will be set aside as if its properties have changed, but Floodchaser can't attack and the basic will not identify itself as an Island.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Simic Guildmage doesn't allow use of 1G ability

1. Simic Guildmage 1G ability cannot be used

2. Simic Guildmage is selected, either left or right clicked

3. Actual: Left click automatically uses 1B ability if there is a legal target, right clicking pops up context menu with only 1B ability able to be selected if there is a legal target, with no option for 1G ability even with legal targets.

4. Expected: Clicking opens context menu to choose which ability to use and 1G is able to be selected.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Counters not put on Ozolith when creatures are put in library

1. Have Ozolith on the Battlefield

2. Have Attacking creatures with +1/+1 counters

3. Opponent casts Aetherspouts

4. Crearures are removed from the battlefield but no counters can be put on Ozolith

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  2 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Dungeon Geist, Mimic Vat, and Sower of Temptation interaction causes game restart

Game three of the match, opponent played a dungeon geist and passed the turn. during their end step i activated a mimic vat, putting a token copy of Sower of Temptation on the battlefield, targeting his Dungeon geist. the game then reset, and played forward mirroring the plays we'd already made very quickly. once it reached the last play i made (described above), it restarted the game completely (including our clocks). However, neither of us was able to play a card. It continually passed priority straight to our discard steps, so we were only able to discard every turn. it…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base