MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Laggy client since Zendikar Rising

Since the Zendikar Rising update the client has been lagging constantly, making it almost impossible to play. I am a hardcore MTGO fan and I am thinking about leaving the platform because of this.

My configuration is way above the recommended requirements and I have to restart the client BETWEEN games in order to reset the lag.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Wizards of the Coast
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pia's Revolution does not deal damage if opponent desision is to put in into graveyard

Pia's Revolution "Whenever a nontoken artifact is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, return that card to your hand unless target opponent has Pia's Revolution deal 3 damage to them."

1. Opponent chooses to give it back to your hand. -THIS WORKS.

2. Opponent chooses to keep it in graveyard. They take 0 damage.

Problem: They are supposed to take 3.

And I do understand, that the card can't be exiled or removed during this process, and that is not the case. I've tested it several times today and 0 damage is always the output :D

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  8 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Yuriko, the Tiger's Shadow's trigger revealed Commit//Memory and my opponent took no damage.

Should have taken 10 damage (which would have been lethal) but instead my opponent took nothing. It seems to be a bug, if you look at our chat log even my opponent agreed.

My MTGO username is Dwayenbank

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ana Sanctuary doesn't recognize when player control both a blue and black permanent

Ana Sanctuary's 5/5 effect did not work even with both blue and black permanents on the battlefield.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. unable to submit sideboard

I moved cards back and forth between my sideboard and main deck. At some point, I was ready to submit, but the submit deck button was inactive. The main deck count also did not match the number of cards in the deck but should have still been able to be submitted as it was higher than 60. When I went to the game I had not sideboarded.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Game crashed I restart and info not there

I started up the client fresh to play round 2 of the vintage cube and the game client crashed with no input but my clock was ticking down and the button in the client window to pass priority was lit up but unclickable. I restarted the client and the revealed cards and the settings are gone. My clock also shows that I wasn't losing time do to the error.

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Game Crashes and Replay Begins When with Many Triggers on the Stack from a Wheel

This issue has occurred multiple times with various cards:

Nekusar the Mindrazer
    The Locust God
    Xyris, the Writhing Storm

On multiple occasions, placing multiple triggers onto the stack from a wheel effect such as Megirm, Lilliana's Caress, Waste Not, etc or the afformentioned creatures, the game client crashes and a replay of the game begins.

Most recently it was a crash from Xyris and Purphoros on the field, followed by a Time Reversal. This led to my opponents drawing 7 cards and 21 snake tokens being generated, with Purphoros triggering after ever snake ETBs. The game crashed after about 12…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  1 comment  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Decks and Binders disappear

Today I logged in after a week (same pc and same location) and all my decks and binders were gone. Anybody else had this nightmare occur to them? Is there a fix, can decks be restored? I had dozens of them :(

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can't Submit Deck in Limited Preliminary

I submitted by deck multiple times but MTGO did not recognize the most recent submission and my lands were all off-colour.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. vengeful pharaoh

it triggered when i attacked a different player all together and it triggerd and killed my creature when i wasnt even attacking the player who played it

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. tidal warrior ability bug

Tidal warrior does not grant the Island type when used on lands.

Example:
    1: Opponent has a basic Plains.
    2: Use Tidal Warrior's ability to turn it into a Island.
    3: Land loses Plains type, does not gain Island type.
    4: Land can not be used for mana, and does not generate mana.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  2 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bugged Card Interaction or Lag

Bugged Card interaction or lag w/ casting a spell causing my timer to expire and not permit me to make the intended play almost resulting in a game loss.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Soul-Scar Mage is bugged

I cast lava dart onto arcbound worker as a control a soul scar mage. When it dies it has no counters on it but it did trigger its modular ability still

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. can' t start mtgo

i don t have any connection problem, but most of the times i open mtgo on my laptop it gives me a fatal error and close the app. i can only disinstall and reinstall but it s sooo annoying.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Log In and Connection Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Lag/Timeout/Garruk Relentless

Flipping Garruk Relentless causes a lag and/or timeout error.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Connection

I keep getting a login issue, it says that there is a system deployment issue and that I should contact the vendor which would be you.... What do I do?

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Game restarted and self-played

3 pod in Commander Open Play

I play Golos superfriends, against Sisay Legendary, against Meren. It started to get buggy mid-game when the Monarch was introduced (which messed up the card alignment).

My board became insane with multiple walkers, enchantments, and creatures. There were about 60 permanents on my field including emblems, then I ultimate'd Sorin, Grim Nemesis, after Primeval's Glorious Rebirth, multiple instances of Ajani, the Greathearted proliferating as well as Nicol-Bolas, Dragon-God proliferating too using that same effect. Sorin's ulti would have created about 60 vampire tokens.

The game then stalled, then restarted, and began to replay the…

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  2 comments  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Reduced Time To Draft in Leagues

I drafted M21. through the whole draft I had very little time to do almost all my picks. Sometimes i couldn't even watch the whole pack. For Pick 1, 2, 3 of every booster I mostly only had 23-27 seconds or something. Towards the end of a Booster it was a bit more like the normal time amount you usually get, but still on the very very tight side. I don't now what happened, but it was a real mess.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base