MTGO Issues

Greetings and Welcome to the Magic Online Bug Page.

For Reimbursements

If you need to file for reimbursement because your issue impacted a Magic Online event, please fill out our Request Reimbursement  form instead.

Before You Create a New Report

Before you create a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a card name or specific feature.

Example:  Shivan Dragon (Note: Partial words won’t bring up results, so use Shivan instead of Shiv)

If your issue has been reported already, click the vote button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful. 

For New Reports

If your bug has NOT been reported, then please update the Issue Title field to represent the problem you encountered.

Example:  Shivan Dragon’s ability doesn’t work

Choose the Category that matches where the problem was.

Use the Describe Your Idea field to describe what happened.  Please use the following format:
  1. Summary of the problem
  2. A list of steps that led to the problem 
  3. The actual result
  4. What you expected or should have happened
Example:  

Shivan Dragon’s firebreathing doesn’t work.  Steps are:

1. Attack with Shivan Dragon. 
  2. After it is blocked, try to pay 1 R mana to give it +1/+0
  3. Actual: It doesn’t get +1/+0 and stays a 5/5
  4. Expected: It becomes a 6/5
Finally, upload any screenshots or other information you might have that will help us investigate.  If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cannot Leave Clan if I am only member left

I am the only member left of my clan, but I cannot leave it. It asks me to assign another member as Clan Leader

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Wizards of the Coast
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Play Lobby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Primal Surge Fizzling when hitting Permanents

When I cast Primal Surge, and I know for a fact that primal surge was the only non-permanent left in my deck (I've tried 6 times, 3 against a real opponent and 3 by myself) it does not let me place my entire library onto the battlefield card by card. Eventually it stops giving me the option to say "Yes" to put the exiled card onto the battlefield, whether I'm holding priority or not, and instead just randomly moves on with my main phase. This is a little frustrating as I ran the entire situation by a judge and it…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. incubation druid not working right with exotic orchard

When Exotic orchard is in play and can produce multiple colors of mana, Incubation druid ignores these mana types as mana that the land could produce. Based on the rulings, it should be able to produce mana that any land in play on my side could produce. I was playing in commander and I had a forest and an overgrown tomb as well as exotic orchard. My opponents had lands that could produce white, blue, red and green. My exotic orchard could tap for white, blue, red and green. However when I went to tap the incubation druid, it only…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Tiana, Ship's Caretaker

Tiana's delayed trigger performs incorrectly when not under its owner's control.

1. With Tiana out, under [Player B]'s control, put some auras into the graveyard.

2. [Player A] gains control of Tiana before [Player B]'s end step.

3. Actual: [Player A] got to choose whether those graveyarded auras return to [Player B]'s hand.
      4: Expected, as per ruling:
      4/27/2018 Tiana's last ability triggers and creates a delayed triggered ability that will let you return the Aura or Equipment during the next end step. It will do so even if Tiana leaves the battlefield before the next end step.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. puresight merrow and paradise mantle

you can use paradise mantle to make a mana and then untap puresight merrow with its ability and then use mantle to pay for the untap while leaving the intial mana floating.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Pyroblast

I tried to Pryoblast Drawn from Dreams and instead said I targeted Volcanic Island instead was not the case.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Draft foils frequently copies of non-foils in pack

For over a year I've noticed that during drafts, I see a lot of packs in which there's a foil copy of another card in the pack. Obviously this happens occasionally in paper, so there's a chance it's selection bias, but the odds of it happening multiple times in one draft seem like they should be very low.

While it might not have a huge effect on drafting, trust in MTGO ability to randomize properly is critical to players being able to trust the shuffler. I don't want to become a "shuffler truther" but things like this make it far…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Art of abilities appears upside down on the stack, possibly due to flip-card in play

EDH Match ID:226687364, Game ID: 709991676

Around turn 5 art of most (not all) abilities started to appear upside-down while on the stack. We noticed it about the time my Kuon, Ogre Ascendant flipped for the first time, so I suspect that might be the cause.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open  ·  0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Magic is displaying that I should have cards in my collection but they are not there

I have filtered my card library to show only foils that I have between 1-20+ of. It pops up with a card but then says I have 0 of them. Why would it show in my filter if I have 0 of them? Why is it the only card that shows up that I have 0 of?

There are cards that have adventure that I realize it shows 0 of on the 2nd adventure part of the card. But Righteousness and Fling are not adventure cards, why are they showing up as if I should have them in my collection…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Evolve

When multiple evolve triggers are put onto the stack at the same time, I am given no opportunity to order the triggers.

This becomes a problem with Renegade Krasis. Specifically, if I control Renegade Krasis and Experiment One each with no counters and play a creature with at least three power, I want to have the Experiment One trigger resolve first, but the client does not give me the option to order the triggers.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Duel Scene  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Magmasaur

Hello, Magmasaur appears to be bugged. On your upkeep, if you select the option to remove a +1/+1 counter (to NOT be sacrificed), it will still sacrifice the Magmasaur anyway, and it deals 5 damage to each creature without flying and each player.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Game crashes when Narset Parter of Veils is casted

watching my game 3 (to analyze how i loose) the game got crushed when cast narset and Gideon, but the thin is, on the replay, narset is not casted and the game can not continue for that reason.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hidden Strings has no target, limits play

I played Hidden Strings with mana floating in my pool it tried to cypher and said there were no targets then it didnt let me cast anything but instants and I pressed ok and it passed the turn without asking me about floating mana

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Gurzigost unable to assign and deal damage

during my most recent chaos draft, i activated gurzigost's abiltiy to assign damage as tho it wasnt blocked, and during combat, i was never given a choice where to assign damage, and didnt kill the blockers or deal damage to my op.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Syr Konrad, the Grim does not trigger when adventure "spell" goes to the graveyard from the stack.

If a player has Syr Konrad, the Grim in play and they then cast a spell such as Heart's Desire (the Adventure part of Lovestruck Beast), then when it goes to the graveyard, Konrad doesn't see it as a creature entering the graveyard from anywhere.

This is incorrect as Konrad can't go back in time and see that it was an Adventure spell that entered. He should just see it as a creature.

Steps to reproduce:
    1.Player A casts Syr Konrad, the Grim.
    2. Player A then casts Heart's Desire.
    3. In response, Player B casts Counterspell targeting the Adventure…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Siege of Towers asks for wrong amount of mana to replicate

I attempted to cast siege of towers, choosing to replicate twice. The cost should have (I think) been 3rrr. I was asked to pay 6rrrr (which is not even a multiple of the replicate cost). I also tried replicate 1 and was given a smaller but still too large amount of mana to pay.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ichthyomorphosis doesn't remove all abilities

I enchant my opponent's creature with Ichthyomorphosis, which removes all abilities. That creature was previously enchanted with my opponent's Staggering Insight. However, it still has the "Whenever this creature ..., draw a card" ability.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Leech Bonder

During the third game I played Leech Bonder. It was a grindy match and I had a generous Patron on the field. I believe the card draw and ability to weaken my opponents creatures would likely have lead to my victory.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Liliana Vess training stuck on end phase against chandra

Doing Liliana Vess training and playing chandra and the game always gets stuck on the same part. Gets stuck on my end phase and wont go to her turn, as soon as I concede it starts her turn and then game ends as i concede. Wont let me get pass this part and dont know what to do

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Massacre Wurm not playable in Standard

Actual: Core Set 2021 is playable on Magic the Gathering Online. However, when you try to add Massacre Wurm to a deck in your collection for Standard it is not available.

Expected: Massacre Wurm has been reprinted in Core Set 2021 and should playable in Standard.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base