Skip to content

SpellTable Bugs & Product Suggestions

Before You Create a New Report

Before creating a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a device name or specific feature.

Example: webcam not found (Note: Partial words may not bring up results, we recommend to try webcam instead of cam or web cam)

If your issue has been reported already, click the VOTE button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For New Reports

If your bug has not been reported, please do so now! Update the Issue Title to reflect the problem you’ve encountered.

Example: Logitech Camera doesn’t work

Choose the Category that describes your problem.

Use the Describe your idea field to detail what happened, and provide the following information to allow us to investigate the issue:
  1. Summarize the problem
  2. List the steps you took that led to the problem
  3. What was the result that happened when you followed those steps
  4. What was the result you expected to happen when you followed those steps
Example:
Logitech C922 can’t be selected as a camera
Category: Camera Bug
  1. Open SpellTable and start or join a lobby
  2. Select the gear icon to configure inputs
  3. Actual: No input devices are detected under “Camera Source”
  4. Expected: My camera can be selected for “Camera Source”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional Information to Provide

You can provide additional information that can also help us perform an investigation quickly. Great information to include:
  1. The brand, model, and/or type of device you’re using (USB webcam, Android/Tablet, iPhone/iPad, etc.)
  2. The version or your operating system you’re using (i.e.: Windows 10, MacOS Big Sur, Android 11, iOS 14, etc.)
  3. Your browser (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc.)
  4. A screenshot of the issue or any error messaging received (Note: it must be smaller than 50 mb in size)
  5. The last are simple checks for any camera/microphone issues you might encounter:
  • Ensured permission has been granted for your Camera and Microphone through your preferred browser: Use your camera & microphone
  • Ensured that no other programs are using your Camera or Microphone (you can find information on how to perform this check by searching online)
  • Temporarily disabling any Anti-Virus programs that might disable camera and microphone access (even if you’re already granted it)
  • Tested your camera is working with Online Mic Test

53 results found

1. Unable to connect via QR code w/mobile, as well as Droidcam X both wired and via wifi

I know I'm not the only one having this issue. I was able to use droidcam a while back via wired connection no problem, now it only shows the preview before I get in game, and refuses to show camera while in-game. QR code shows neither preview nor in-game. I disabled all blockers, restarted my browser, closed everything except the browser, and tried three different methods of connection to no avail. Fix this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Camera bug  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Repeatedly getting Stream Error despite camera working

My camera works fine on the Online Mic Test linked in the "add'l info to provide", as well as with every other app I've tested. However Spell Table gives me a Stream Error with it. Previously I was able to get around it by going into the Beta link that had the card reader which would then recognize the camera, however that link is no longer on the page as of this week. It appears others are having this Stream Error but no mention of fixing it is given.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. My video will not appear full screen no matter camera or browser

Over the last year I have used spell table and my camera alone cut off a large portion of my video, where there were 2 black bars on both the left and right of the image. I initially thought this was my webcam but it is also true with different cameras. I tested this with both Firefox and Chrome and the issue remains. Looking for suggestion on how to fix this issue.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Camera bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Camera enable/disable button does not work

nenhum dispositivo de câmera funciona por nenhum meio, usando apps para usar o smartphone como web cam ou com o QRCode de transmissão. A tela permanece preta (como se aguardasse imagem) e o botão de habilitar e desabilitar câmera está fixo no desabilitado

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. DEPSTECH WEBCAM DW50

STREAM ERROR. Error Fetching Device. Depstech Web Cam DW50 works with all other systems and programs besides the Spell Table app. Any idea how to get spelltable to acknowledge the webcam? I have look everywhere and how found nothing.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Logitech Webcam Shutting Off Randomly

I got a new Logitech C920X Pro HD Webcam to use for matches on Spelltable. Everytime I have tried testing it out in my own lobby, my camera shuts off and stops working after about 20 minutes. I use the Chrome Browser, but have also tried using other browsers. I have turned off all the power-save settings on my laptop that might be automatically stopping my camera after a certain time period. I have also tried using a different browser but still have the exact same issue. The only way I can get the camera to turn back on is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Documnet Camera Stream Error

My document camera works in all apps i have tried, (discord, zoom, skype) but when i try to use it for SpellTable i get a Stream Error. Error fetching device.
    Any idea on how to fix this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. error fetching

me sale error fetching device y la camara en discord va bien y en todos lados va bien porfavor arreglar el problema que quiero jugar magic utilizo la camara gg webcam K30

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Mobile Camera Freezes and Disconnects

I use my iPhone 12 as my mobile camera to play Spelltable, while having the main lobby up on my PC (windows 10). The camera feed will consistently freeze then disconnect and show "Waiting for mobile connection." It will then reconnect automatically before inevitably repeating this issue after a random increment of time.

The camera feed on my phone looks uninteruppted when looking at my phone. There is no disconnect from the internet, nor is my phone screen turning off. I've tried on both mobile Chrome and on Safari and encounter the same issue with approximately the same regularity.

Any…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Webcam Too Dark.

I am having and issue with my video being too dark. The issue is the same on Firefox, andChrome. I've used the camera on a different laptop and it works fine. If I go to a different webpage( https://webcamtests.com/ ) the video feed is nice and bright. It's only on spelltable. I've cleared my cookies, and that didn't help either.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Spelltable not properly connnecting to phone camera

I am trying to play on spelltable with some friends and use my phone as the camera so that my friends can properly see my side of the field. When i scan the qr code it takes me to the website and goes through all the steps and even brings up the phone on my camera BUT the qr code stays on my computer screen and my opponents can't see my mat. I've tried every trouble shooting that I could find online. Anyone else having this problem?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Error: Fetching Device

it only says Error Fetching Device. My web cam I just bought it and works in every app except by SpellTable

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Camera bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. mobile camera countered

When I sync my phone up as a mobile webcam through both the QR code and the link, it just says on my phone that the lobby already has the max occupancy in it. I don't know why, but it seems to be treating my phone as it's own person, not as a mobile webcam. I also tried with my friend's phone and that didn't work either. I've rebooted laptop, but that didn't fix it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Camera bug for in game. Spelltable.

my camera works perfectly fine in all instances including discord, skype, even the pre join section of the game that shows your display. after going into the game it remains black.

command console shows error of it repeatedly retrying to bring it up and failing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When Playing outside of my own created lobbies I cannot use my phone as a camera

When I create a lobby for myself and friends, I am able to use my phone as a camera no problem.

However if I join a friend's lobby, it will attempt to sign me in through my phone and have that as my primary browser instead of my laptop.

Is there any way to fix this?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. C920 Logi Webcam Issues

First time I loaded into spelltable, although slow, it worked, and I was able to play a few games with friends. Now the match page takes 5 minutes to load, and when it does, Im always met with a permissions denied error. I checked my permissions, they say my camera is allowed, I made sure nothing else (like ghub or obs) was grabbing the feed either, still no. I change my browser and make sure permissions are working there, still spelltable does not work. I even restarted my pc with the same issue. I see quite a few more users…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Cannot use smart device for additional camera.

My friends and I were facing issues with using our phone/ipad as additional camera for spelltable. It seems to be some issue with the generated QR code/website.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Camera bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Spelltable camera issues (blue pixilated area)

Got a new document camera, and it works great in everything but spell table. There is an area on the left where there is a blue pixilated bar. Attachments are using the camera in Discord vs Spell Table

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Camera out of focus only on Spelltable, not in OBS

Spelltable (or Google Chrome) seems to do this weird additional autofocus on my cards. See screenshot: Background is Spelltable, foreground is OBS.

Using Logitech c920 but I also had this on my phone and a Trust webcam.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Virtual Webcam Not Working

Computer: macOS Monterey version 12.5
    Browser: Chrome

I use an OBS (Streamlabs OBS) to stream games. A month ago I learned that I could use the Virtual Webcam option on the OBS to stream a digital deck on Moxfield or Archideckt to spelltable. So, instead of my desktop camera being used to stream my actual cards so all players could see my cards, I learned I could stream my digital versions of the deck from a deckbuilding site strain to spelltable.

A month ago, this worked fine. No issues. However, I tried it again today and instead I get a…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

SpellTable Bugs & Product Suggestions