You broke the game with the 1.05 patch on PS4
- Don't make the regular monsters as tough as bosses.
- Tougher bosses are fine, but not take 10-20 minutes to kill.
- The mechanics have been clunky since the beginning, but that clunkiness has been exaggerated with the upgraded monsters.
- The loot system was random, but acceptable. It is now frustrating.
- Due to the above issues, the game is no longer fun.
I think I understand the intent (more challenge/better AI) but I would say the latest update ultimately hurts the experience. I was just getting good enough to solo most content for rank 5 gear and that's now either out of the question or not really worth the effort, due to the RNG of it all. While I can certainly appreciate the push towards group play, I've found that the matchmaking isn't great and it's often difficult to find sessions at all. My multiplayer experience often alternates between getting paired with someone level 1 looking get carried and getting the "failed to find session" error message after waiting several minutes. I'm now having frequent and extended periods of zero progress, which ultimately feels like a waste of time. I'm actually less inclined to play after 1.05 as a result. I basically went from being able to squeeze something out of it, despite it's flaws, to getting nothing out of it at all.