Card Database Feedback
I would like to comment on a number of things in the new Card Database. (FYI, I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7)
- In the advanced search, I personally find it too easy to accidentally activate the "mana value," "power," and "toughness" sliders. Maybe you could make it so you have to tap on the orange dots to activate these search fields.
- The database seemingly has a hard time loading large amounts of DFCs and split cards (only the DFC/split cards have trouble loading; anything else in the search loads as usual).
- Card images before Ixalan are a lot lower resolution than cards after Ixalan.
- Not a major issue, but there is a lot of inconsistency with the corners of card images (some cards have corners that end at the card, some have sharp white corners that extend past the card, and some have a few white pixels surrounding the corners of the actual card).
- Once again, not a major issue, but the "5" in the "mana value," "power," and "toughness" fields gets cut off by the orange dot when those fields are disabled.
- Some cards are missing from the search (certain specific cards, such and "Angrath, Minotaur Pirate;" heroes of the realm cards; non un-set silver-bordered cards; and promotional/celebration cards.)
- The database could use some optimization to make it run faster, load images quicker, etc.
- Not a major issue, but when dragging the sliders in the "mana value," "power," and "toughness" fields, I can't drag the maximum slider to be below the minimum slider (eg. if I have have a min of 5 and a max of 10, but I want to have a min of 0 and a max of 5, I can't drag the slider on 10 to 0. I have to drag the slider on 10 to 5, then drag one of the sliders on 5 to 0).
- Options for loading cards in batches larger than ten (This could also help reduce the amount of time a user is waiting on cards to load.)
- If possible, allow users to choose whether they want to load cards at high resolution for increased visual fidelity or low resolution for lower data usage.
- As commander is one of the more popular formats, create an option to search for cards by color identity
- An option to search by tags (search for commanders, split cards, DFCs, silver, black or gold bordered, etc.)
- An option to search via something akin to regular expressions (eg. search for cards with "land" in the rules text, but not "island.")
- A drop down or autocomplete feature would be nice for the "expansion" and "mark" fields.
- It would be nice to see a deck builder option in the future that you can directly add cards from searches into.
Thank you for reading my feedback,